Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lexus IS 430

racer_r
12-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Wow I just got the email about the new Lexus IS 430.
I've heard it's going to be an IS, but with a Supra 6-Speed Gearbox, V8 and it's still only going to wiegh as much as a regular IS 300.
Can't wait to see them on the road.

TeamFL1
12-13-2004, 05:53 PM
In your dreams

cruztoy01
12-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Last I heard it was a concept and not going to go into production......but hey I don't work for Lexus, who knows

TeamFL1
12-17-2004, 09:56 PM
that engines too big for the IS, it wont be a LEXUS, it won't be stable on the road. consumers will complain and parts will get worn easier. it can be in production, but would you buy it over the M3 , S4 and c 32 amg. i think not , but has Lexus made such a sport sedan, i don't think so either, so it have to wait to get notice.

kwilford
12-19-2004, 10:34 PM
that engines too big for the IS, it wont be a LEXUS, it won't be stable on the road. consumers will complain and parts will get worn easier. it can be in production, but would you buy it over the M3 , S4 and c 32 amg. i think not , but has Lexus made such a sport sedan, i don't think so either, so it have to wait to get notice.
Well, TTE (Toyota Team Europe) made an IS430. For more details, see:
http://www.monsterhorsepower.com/intercust.html

DrifterX_671
12-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Rod Millen Motorsports created the first fully functional IS430, V8 engine that is up and running, but it won't be sold or built for the streets anytime soon. They built the vehicle to show how versitile and functional an IS can be with bigger engines and higher horsepower. Here is the link to their website: http://www.rodmillen.com/Is430.htm

DrifterX_671
12-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Here is another website to the IS430: http://www.fast-autos.net/lexus/lexusis430.html

porscheguy9999
02-04-2005, 05:40 PM
The IS430 would be a great car to put into production. But, like TeamFL1 said, that engine is too big for a production version. But they could takw a pagw out of Mercedes' book (they put an AMG engine into the C230, but it wouldnt fit, so they put a CLK front on it, all they way from the windshield forward, so they could fit the V8). Lexus could put an SC front on it, except they would of course keep the IS design. Or they could wait for the next generation IS to come out and give it the upcoming "GT" moinker (equvilent of mercedes AMG, bmw M, audi S/RS, cadillac V, etc).

janey
03-14-2005, 08:39 AM
Had the pleasure of seeing the TTE IS430 in 2003 it looked & sounded amazing.

Heres a pic from the meet, it was brought over by Friedel & Gerald from TTE to sit on the Lexus Owners Club stand for the weekend.
http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/albums/JAE03/is430_1.sized.jpg

The car is at the moment in Dubai with Toyota for showing at the Grand Prix. It has been doing the rounds all over the world.

lamehonda
04-23-2005, 03:48 PM
That big V8 looks a little cramped but right at home in there. Would love the opportunity to get behind the wheel of that thing.

janey
04-25-2005, 05:30 AM
That big V8 looks a little cramped but right at home in there. Would love the opportunity to get behind the wheel of that thing.

Yep you are right, it all just fits in. No room to spare.
One of the lexus guys who has a supra twin turbo engine in his IS was in charge of the 430 for most of the weekend.........needless to say it went on a few trips around the showground. The great thing about it is that it looks reasonably standard at a glance, but when you hear it or see it driving you realise there is something special under the bonnet

Thunderbird2
06-13-2005, 10:17 PM
We have an Altezza RS200 with a 1UZ conversion in our club, as well as a number of 1J and 2J conversions.
The 1UZ engine fits into the engine bay further back against the firewall than the 1J, and almost entirely behind the front axle. It weighs less than the 1J block as well - so any claims that it is too heavy are worth re-considering!
The work involved is similar to the 1J conversion, in that custom engine mounts and some bell housing fabrication are required, but finding suitable hardware, fitting the Getrag gearbox up, and swapping in a stronger diff are the kinds of things that make this conversion so involved. There's no reason a production version couldn't have been, though.

Add your comment to this topic!