Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What is wrong w/ my Liberty?!!!

1rosario
12-09-2004, 04:38 PM
I bought it at an auction. It had minor front damage, the airbags weren't even deployed, I thought it would be an easy fix, NOT!! I replaced the main computer and had it in and out of the shop for loose wiring. Now everything will be fine and suddenly the check engine light will come on and the transmission won't shift, or the transmission will be fine and the care will have a major miss, or both! Any ideas as to what may be wrong now?! I'm so frustrated and I'm running out of money to fix it, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!!

cutieangel11
12-18-2004, 04:25 PM
I bought it at an auction. It had minor front damage, the airbags weren't even deployed, I thought it would be an easy fix, NOT!! I replaced the main computer and had it in and out of the shop for loose wiring. Now everything will be fine and suddenly the check engine light will come on and the transmission won't shift, or the transmission will be fine and the care will have a major miss, or both! Any ideas as to what may be wrong now?! I'm so frustrated and I'm running out of money to fix it, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!!

I know what you are going through! will the cylinoid turn? Cause if it wont, just replace it... the car is fine its just that stupid cylinoid... see i had an automatic start button on my alarm(which is friggin pimp) and it would still start, but i couldnt turn the key and the transmission wouldnt shift into nuteral... so yea... maybe that is it :)

mx52nv
01-19-2005, 07:15 PM
here is your answer, it's a Liberty

b1gfella
01-20-2005, 01:04 AM
mx go bash the Liberty on the XJ forum. This is a forum to help people, not try to get them to buy a used XJ...btw I have owned both and they are both good vehicles. As for your statements that the Lib. is not a real Jeep, seems to me everyone said that for YEARS after the XJ came out too...go back to the XJ forum...

mx52nv
01-20-2005, 01:20 AM
actually, if you could read, I have a Grand

b1gfella
01-20-2005, 01:47 PM
hmmm if you READ my note you'll see I didn't say what you have...just that you should go back to the XJ forum...since you state "Cherokee"...not a GRAND CHEROKEE and in several posts...

If your not going to offer support then go away. We don't need the attitude here.

Add your comment to this topic!