Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Eh...

monooxide
12-02-2004, 08:43 PM
I say they go with a 3.6L Striaght-Six Turbo :D, 600cc per cylinder...that would be nothing but raw POWER! hmm all i care is that they keep the legendary Straight-Six alive.

1viadrft
12-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I doubt it will be a straight six... the RB is dead. Maybe along the lines of VQ30 or VQ35 turbo. If it's a V8, then the VK series. Now what about a VK turbo? That would be awesome!

k3smostwanted
12-02-2004, 11:52 PM
i read an article that Vquick posted in the skyline forum....and according to most reports, they are going with something more of the lines of the VQ3?DETT, featuring a unity with cosworth to create this thing.

articles are talking about electronically assisted turbos to a electronically controlled system, where the engine turns to N/A at normal speeds and idling and such. also, something about turbine anti-lag system.

if your interested HERE (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=206993&page=1) is the full post by VQUICK!!!

My Opinion: As long as it is Twin Turbo'ed i think it will be one hell of a performer. knowing nissan though, they will offer japan a Twin Turbocharged Beast and then send the US a naturally aspirated V8. Like we need another one of those things. :D

VQuick
12-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Well, there hasn't been any info lately about a V8; who knows, we might get the VQ in the US after all. It probably isn't worthwhile developing two different engines.
It would've been nice to see a twin turbo VK, though. Taxes would have been much too high in Japan(I think they will be higher with the VQ as it is), so it's understandable why Nissan didn't go that route.

I do kinda question the use of 'only' a VQ32, since the V36 Skyline will probably have a VQ41. It just looks a little mismatched, with the halo car having less displacement than what will be the entry level model for Infiniti.

2of9
12-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Well, im pretty sure it'll be a V6, bcus look at the 350Z, its more of a "american muscle" car. Im pretty sure the GT-R here in the U.S. well be very similiar to the 350Z

illbeatyourhonda
12-05-2004, 02:22 AM
I fell also that Nissan will use some form of V6. In fact I personally think Nissan is going to make it AWD and its going to basically be a 350 just an upgraded package of some sort if that makes any since, but hey thats just my crazy opinion.....and im full of crazy thoughts

VQuick
12-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Around the time the GT-R is launched, we should have a new G35(V36), and possibly even a Z34 350Z. With the rumors of a VQ41 being used, they'll probably have slightly different names(G41? 410Z? G40" and "400Z" sound better, imho).

The V36 and Z34 would be on a revised chassis by then. That's probably part of the reason Nissan is waiting. They wanted to have the most up-to-date variant of the FM platform(already revised once; see the Nissan Fuga).

thegladhatter
12-05-2004, 07:32 PM
Rb56detttt V8!!!

VQuick
12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Rb56detttt V8!!!

I think they can fit a few more turbos. Watch out, Bugatti Veyron! :lol:

1viadrft
12-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Well with Nissan doing so well lately... I can hardly wait to see what they have in store. I would love to see a new revised Z with turbo's, hopefully! And I heard about the Silvia rumor coming over to the US? Probably BS but who ever thought the GTR would come on over? Anyway! VQ41? Is that a V6? I can't wait!

hks_kansei
12-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Aussie mag MOTOR have listed in the December 2004 issue a few possible specs of the new GTR, alright, Electric motors in front wheels, Cosworth tuned 3.2L V6 (not connected in any way to 350Z engine) twin turbo and 355 to 360 kw (476 to 482 hp), oh, and 7 speed sequential gearbox controlling it all.

1viadrft
12-06-2004, 11:46 PM
That would crazzzzzzzzzzzy!

TeamFL1
12-11-2004, 09:30 PM
VG30dett?!?! i found it on the JGTC 350z, no its not VQ its VG and twin turbo of course!! yea? i read some Nissan tech behind the JGTC Z seys that the VG engine have more balanced .. and its better than the RB... i found this information on Super Street, so i trust it maybe u dont

ZedEx
12-11-2004, 10:04 PM
VG30dett?!?! i found it on the JGTC 350z, no its not VQ its VG and twin turbo of course!! yea? i read some Nissan tech behind the JGTC Z seys that the VG engine have more balanced .. and its better than the RB... i found this information on Super Street, so i trust it maybe u dont

My... Eye... Is... Twit... Ching... :sly:

... *ackward silence* ...

... I need to go for a drive...

-Wes

Amril
12-12-2004, 03:52 AM
personally super street and all other magazines in their company ie import tuner is the biggest load of ricy crap I have seen. They had one article on some shitty integra with some stupid body kit and R34 lights THAT DIDN'T FIT. You could see gaps between the lights and the rest of the car >_O

oh and the only performance mod it had was a cold air intake

k3smostwanted
12-12-2004, 05:06 AM

WTF are you smoking??? the 300zx engine has been discontinued for about 6 years now and about 9 years in the US...it has been replaced by the VQ. VG30DETT is a hell of an engine but it is outdated just like the RB series engines...nissan is trying to move forward not backwards!!!

ZedEx
12-13-2004, 05:19 PM
K3... See his new thread 'Nissans new engine' and see my response... And then see how he mentions to slap it all back in my face.

-Wes

1viadrft
12-13-2004, 05:45 PM
The current engine in the JGTC Z car is a VQ30DET... not sure if it is TT but I'm 100% positive it's a VQ!

TeamFL1
12-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah im wrong sorry guys...

ZedEx
12-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Its straight buddy... No problem.

O and George, I think its a Twin Turbo version. I cant be 100% sure, but you should find out this weekend at Fontana... Lucky bastard :lol:

I remember watching the JGTC and seeing the stats on the Skyline, it being Twin Turbo I automatically thought of RB26DETT... Then the announcer said "There was a big problem this morning when the officials were inspecting the cars, and saw that Nissan had made a switch to a Twin Turbo V6 over night, but after a few minutes of delay, they were allowed to enter the race"

My ears automatically perked up and I thought "VG30DETT in a Skyline... What the Hell?" then they showed the engine bay, and it was a VQ... So it might be a VQ30DETT.

What else is funny, that the next round, Toyota switched to the larger size 1UZ GTE (4300cc V8) to try and combat Nissans new found powerplant... To no avail :lol:

Wish I could be out there man... But I've got 'Obligations' and 'Responsiblities' and 'a JOB'... What are those things anyways?

-Wes

k3smostwanted
12-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah im wrong sorry guys...

nothing hurt!!! :thumbsup:

Broke_as_****
12-14-2004, 12:36 AM
But I've got 'Obligations' and 'Responsiblities' and 'a JOB'... What are those things anyways?

The things that allow you to buy a car and upgrade it.

Anyway, whatever the revised/new/updated platform they stick whatever engine in, it better be putting some evil numbers to the ground. I really don't care what it is as long as it delievers.

As for the styling, well, the G35 look a like concept needs to go. Period. But thats another story.

JDM_ONLY
06-11-2005, 08:04 PM
DAMM...NISSAN NEEDS TO COME BACK STRONG !!.
THEY HAVE 3 EXCELLENT CANDIDATES. Nissan 'RED-EMBLEMs'.

1] R35(GT-R) : AKA stupido-power w/ awd.

2] GTi-R (little-bro of GT-R): AKA S4(3),M3,R32 killa w/ awd.

3] S16 (k,R): AKA Saturday Night Fever - studio54, DORI-DORI's (Ksutchia) partner w/ Turbo-RWD.

Yeah, Is good to DREAM here in US...hehe (=_=)

Skyline_BNR34
06-14-2005, 02:57 PM
It should be a straight six and it dosen't have to be an RB or a V6.. The V8 is to much weight for a car like that but a VK Turboed would be cool

paultyler_82
04-30-2006, 03:09 AM
Well, there hasn't been any info lately about a V8; who knows, we might get the VQ in the US after all. It probably isn't worthwhile developing two different engines.
It would've been nice to see a twin turbo VK, though. Taxes would have been much too high in Japan(I think they will be higher with the VQ as it is), so it's understandable why Nissan didn't go that route.

I do kinda question the use of 'only' a VQ32, since the V36 Skyline will probably have a VQ41. It just looks a little mismatched, with the halo car having less displacement than what will be the entry level model for Infiniti.

I don't know, VQuick, the M is offered with either a VQ35DE or a VK45DE, so it's obviously not too much trouble to switch between the VQ and VK in the same chassis (VK's based on the VQ, after all.) Additionally, The VK45DE is capable of being tuned with minimum massaging (The Q45 version has 5 hp more than the M45 version... with very minimal differences!) I don't see it as being an unrealistic choice for Nissan, especially given thier tradition of depriving the States-side crowd of Forced-Induction goodness (with the exception of the 300ZX TT's, of course)

nismogt_rfreak
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
They have confirmed that the new engine is the VQ37HRTT.

84Z31Turbo
08-14-2007, 03:45 AM
Around the time the GT-R is launched, we should have a new G35(V36), and possibly even a Z34 350Z. With the rumors of a VQ41 being used, they'll probably have slightly different names(G41? 410Z? G40" and "400Z" sound better, imho).

The V36 and Z34 would be on a revised chassis by then. That's probably part of the reason Nissan is waiting. They wanted to have the most up-to-date variant of the FM platform(already revised once; see the Nissan Fuga).
the new Z if the change the name at all will most likely be 370Z(Z34) with the 240 260 280 and 300 they named them from the 2.4, 6, 8, and 3.0 litre engines and the 350 has a 3.5 litre so if they go with this new engine... which its name escapes my mind right now. its a 3.7 litre so it will most likely be a 370Z. thats my thought anyway

Add your comment to this topic!