Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 hatch turbo vs. 99 gst

bulldawg151
12-02-2004, 07:32 PM
This is my buddies car first off. He has a 90 hatch dohc zc with a homemade turbo kit running 7 lbs boost right now. His clutch is shot. the other car was a 99 eclipse gst with just i/e..they raced from a stop..1/4 mile was measured off..the eclipse was pullling through first and a lil in second but once third hit the hatch pulled like the eclipse was standing still...beat him by 2 car lengths with a slippping clutch...thought the eclipse would have put up more of a fight....i wanna see what it can do with a good clutch....

GScivic7
12-02-2004, 07:33 PM
what turbo is your buddy running? He should race a GSX and see how he does.

bulldawg151
12-02-2004, 07:52 PM
sorry for lack of info....t-25 turbo...safc2....450cc injectors...wastegate dump pipe....2 1/2 inch exhaust...msd 6al ignition.....colder plugs...walbro 255 fuel pump....his clutch is shitty though...he has to ease into every gear at like 30% throttle....it will rarely hold at all without slipping completely....a stock gsx probably wouldn't do much better...once he hit third he pulled like crazy on that eclipse...he even let off before the finish

KrNxRaCer00
12-03-2004, 05:01 AM
nice race.

bad punctuation (run on and on and on sentence.)

Vtec95Civic
12-03-2004, 08:34 AM
A GSX would most likely give a much better fight because it would have an infinately better launch than the GST.

GScivic7
12-03-2004, 12:11 PM
A GSX would most likely give a much better fight because it would have an infinately better launch than the GST.
werd^^^ If the GST was pulling through second, a GSX would probably have him in third.

Ricochet
12-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Is it a red one? Does your buddy live in Columbus? I see you're in Ohio and I may know who you're talking about.. I think his name's Ryan and he destroyed me with my ctr engine a couple years ago.

bulldawg151
12-04-2004, 11:23 AM
he started to pull in the beggining of second. By the end of second he was pulling on him and when he hit third he flew by him like it was nothing...the gsx would give a much better fight.remeber the gst is pretty much stock.The hatch has a lot more mods....though the clutch is so gone he cant even rip it full throttle...no i'm not from columbus...i'm about 30 mins south of zanesville in ohio

YOUNGSTER
12-13-2004, 09:47 PM
tell ur buddy to go with some better management than afc hack uberdata is pretty good and damn cheap

88zccivic
12-23-2004, 08:22 AM
whats wrong with the afc hack (i have the 90 hatch that we are talking about) i think its a very reliable fuel manegment for under 12 psi hack is a bad name for it nothing is hacked about it

civicHBsi91
12-23-2004, 12:26 PM
I believe he would have to go Turboedit...uberdata isnt for OBD0.

AFC hack is just what its called...cheap and...well not very reliable IMO especially not by tuning with "feel"

88zccivic
12-23-2004, 02:20 PM
not saying turboedit is a bad way to go at all, but isnt it cheaper than an afchack? Feel?? i felt up my block last night and it feels tuned to me.

you use a dyno to tune it

emokid15
12-26-2004, 12:24 AM
so the eclipse had I/E and the Hatch had turbo and stuff. So then the eclipse was basically stock and the civic needed turbo 2 beat the eclipse.

AdRiAn

civicHBsi91
12-26-2004, 03:28 AM
Well I figured if someone is that cheap to let their turbo car run off an air/fuel controler they wouldent have had it tuned on a dyno...

Get better fuel management and you'll be much happier than with that hack....Faster and Safer.

xenocron
12-26-2004, 12:36 PM
so the eclipse had I/E and the Hatch had turbo and stuff. So then the eclipse was basically stock and the civic needed turbo 2 beat the eclipse.

AdRiAn

Agreed, for the price you could sell that AFC for you could have TurboEdit and some change left over most likely, and again be running safer (and longer).

www.turboedit.org

Vip09
12-30-2004, 02:25 PM
The 2g turbo eclipses are not really that fast, even with bolt-ons. They won't really see any good gains until they upgrade the tiny turbo that comes stock. I've beaten stock GS-T's and GSX's without any problem.. I raced a few GS-T's with aftermarket turbo and they beat me by a car or 2. They had just gotten their new turbo's put in.. so I doubt they were tuned yet... I know one guy said it wasn't running quite right.

88zccivic
01-05-2005, 10:41 AM
so the eclipse had I/E and the Hatch had turbo and stuff. So then the eclipse was basically stock and the civic needed turbo 2 beat the eclipse. ???????????

yeah my civic has a 1.6 the eclipse has a 2.0 turboed(2.0 is bigger than 1.6) so why wouldnt i need a turbo to beat him?
i want to see you beat a boosted 99 eclipse in a stock 90 hatchback non vtec
no one cares your opinion if you think this was a good race or not this wasnt posted just to make shure it has your approval
if you read the post you would see that it wasnt a very close race maybe i would have beet him without the turbo
stop trying to funny and sound like you know what your talking about and go slap on another typeR decal on you car riceboy

george536
01-09-2005, 02:59 AM
The 2g turbo eclipses are not really that fast, even with bolt-ons. They won't really see any good gains until they upgrade the tiny turbo that comes stock. I've beaten stock GS-T's and GSX's without any problem.. I raced a few GS-T's with aftermarket turbo and they beat me by a car or 2. They had just gotten their new turbo's put in.. so I doubt they were tuned yet... I know one guy said it wasn't running quite right.
not quite, our stock t-25 turbo is small but theres people hitting mid 12's on it without internals :wink: . but thats a quick fix cuz we can bolt on something like a 20g and without having to dump a whole lot to suport it.

but good kill. i have tons of respect for the old hatches.

Shpyder
02-20-2005, 02:52 PM
exactamundo. a T-25 at 15psi with an MBC, a boost gauge, a K&N FIPK, IC piping and a 1G BOV, and a dumptube hack, all cost around $350, if you go shopping. part II: get a turbo-back from ebay , intsalled for a total of $500 or less, GS-Ts can kick ass. The T-25 is terribly underated. There is no spool time, this thing kicks in before you know it and your all set. For the money you put into a stock GST for these mods, you'll be wopping ass. i did the first part (no turboback yet), and gave the altezza boys a run for their money. :2cents:

Eclipsecivic9794
03-15-2005, 02:19 PM
well the race between the civic and the eclipse is unfair =/ i do realize that they are both turbo, and i do realize that the eclipse is 2.0 vs 1.6 engine liter size, but remember that there is a huge difference in the turbos installed. you can not compared a stock turbo vs an aftermarket turbo c'mon, it's called an aftermarket for a reason lol. thats like comparing your old bone stock factory cold air intake vs. your AEM V2 high performance intake. its called aftermarket for reason once again.
now for the eclipse if you were to slap on the same exact turbo or similar ranked turbo in that class the eclipse would win by far, disregarding the weight difference, the eclipse has way more torque bone stock so imagine with the same mod versus the civic stock amount of torque. the eclipse would win again.
just some few minor details about the cars.
i compare cars to another car equal or evenly ranked opponents, u can't compare a civic SI vs NSX c'mon its not the same rank. at least not stock vs stock. =)

bulldawg151
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
they both were running the same turbo.....there both running stock eclpise t-25 turbos, not an aftermarket one. yes an eclipse is faster stock but it is also has a turbo stock. yes it was an unfair race because the civic was heavely modified....

civicHBsi91
03-16-2005, 08:28 PM
It was not unfair, theres no such thing as unfair if you agree to race someone.

or unless they spray and its hidden not on the street but would only be "unfair" in money races but then again street racing is a husstle you have to be smart.

Gohan Ryu
03-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Unfair!!! Unfair!!! Booohooohooo!!!

Come on you guys, stop whining. A race is a race. If the Eclipse driver was gonna whine about "unfair" he wouldn't have raced in the first place.

209 neon
03-17-2005, 10:15 PM
first of all you have a yacht vs a jet ski.........give the yacht a couple of modds to make up the weight difference.....oh and did I hear the jet ski has a blown bass boat engine.........never mind thats why he won.... :grinno:

if the DSM lost he lost but you cant say anything about I expected more from a gst....

Shpyder
03-19-2005, 03:16 PM
a lot of times the driver's suck, not doing justice to the car... like ME. I used to SUCK at launching my FWD, wheel-hop all over the place. After tons of trials from red lights and stop signs, Ive finally gotten pretty good at it.

civicHBsi91
03-19-2005, 06:07 PM
a lot of times the driver's suck, not doing justice to the car... like ME. I used to SUCK at launching my FWD, wheel-hop all over the place. After tons of trials from red lights and stop signs, Ive finally gotten pretty good at it.

Wheel hop isnt always driver error.

Take your car to the track and practice launching there. Dont do it on the street. :screwy:

Add your comment to this topic!