Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front Valve Gasket

TOMKLEM
11-30-2004, 03:40 PM
My front valve gasket is leaking and my car stinks when I have the air on. I looked at it and it doen't look that hard to change. Just taking out some bolts. Does any one no if there are any suprises inside? Will any springs come flying out or something like that?

97 Mazda Millenia L
2.5 engine

rjinw
11-30-2004, 08:31 PM
No...its very easy...just take yur time and make sure the metal surfaces are clean and u tighten the bolts up in a pattern evenly

TOMKLEM
12-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Cool, Thank you.

mazdatech
01-16-2005, 05:38 AM
yousure your rear one isnt leaking its the more common one to leak and harder to get to you have to pull your intake

TOMKLEM
01-17-2005, 10:04 AM
It eneded up being both. Wow those bolts are very weak. I broke one when I was screwing it in. I didn't even apply that much pressure to it......Anyway the car was totaled last month when an idiot in a pickup truck ran a red light and smacked me. No injury myself but w/ the car being a 1997 w/ 114K miles on it it didn't take much to total it. Now I might be moving over to the Ford forumn. I need to get a small SUV and I'm tired of the cost it takes to maintane a foriegn car.

mazdatech
01-18-2005, 03:08 AM
Well u fixed that car but good, I would rec checking into the hyundai santa fe or Tucson suv best warrenty around, very little out of pocket expense and a lot of suv for the money.

Add your comment to this topic!