Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mine

Knifeblade
11-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Well, I have an ES, '89, that i picked up for $200.00. Outside of normal maintenance, and that some of the electric accessories don't work too well, I have never had any prblems with the engine or trans. Took it to FL and back, round trip 1400 miles +/-. It never even wheezed. I have a manual and some additional info. on repair for the 88-92 series, let me know if I can help out.

Knifeblade
11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=processEngine&Parameters=006 I strongly suggest this site for basic tech. information for your Eagle.

Knifeblade
11-30-2004, 01:50 PM
And, if you have alignment problems, the culprit may be in the upper front strut towers. The bearings and bushings wear out quickly, replacement is required to tweak the struts to re-align the FE. Costly!!!!!!! But a DIY'er can lessen the cost easy 50% if they have the tools and inclination to do the work, which isn't hard, but time-consuming, and the usual BS of dropping a strut. And if your headlight relay goes west, it simple wiring to get the headlights to work, just look at the relay itself and two-wire the headlights to a inline switch with a 20amp amp fuse in-line. It works great, with minimal expense and effort.

thegodsmustbecrazy
09-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, I have an ES, '89, that i picked up for $200.00. Outside of normal maintenance, and that some of the electric accessories don't work too well, I have never had any prblems with the engine or trans. Took it to FL and back, round trip 1400 miles +/-. It never even wheezed. I have a manual and some additional info. on repair for the 88-92 series, let me know if I can help out.
i could sure use a diagram of the motor. ill be canging the oil pump or chain.. im not sure were its at so if you can please send me a diagram of the motor or some info.
thanks john jgpmfu@hotmail.com

oljeeptek
01-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Don't turn the engine backwards while working on it. It can break the timing chain tensioner.

Replace the seal behind the distributor. They leak a LOT.

Add your comment to this topic!