Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2K Accord vs. B18C1 Civic

blacknight
11-17-2004, 12:19 PM
A friend of mine has a 91 Civic hatch and just swapped in a GS-R motor. The swap is his only Mod. Since we were planning to run to see what his car can do, I decided to take out my Subs & spare. My performance mods are: NGK plugs, Magnecore wires, Exhaust, & Intake. Here are the results

FIRST RACE
We started from a launch. I launched at 3000RPM's and he said he started at 4K. I got out before him and immediately got 2 car lengths on him. Up to 65 (top of second) he starts closing the gap. It wasn't till the top of 3rd (95mph) he finally passed me.

SECOND RACE
we started from a 40mph roll. I honked 3 times and we're off. The bastard pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and...well you get the point. When we met up, he asked what happened, I said I missed 3rd. So we went again.

THIRD RACE
This time we started from a 50mph roll, both in 2nd. I honked 3 times and we're off. This time we're dead even through 2nd. He shifts to third and starts to pull a little, then I shift and he's no longer pulling but has me by a half car length(my bumper is at his back door). Then the top of his 3rd he's pulling and pulling and pulling and...well, you get the picture

FOURTH RACE
We switched cars. I was in the civic and he was in the Accord. We started from a launch. Once started, he immediately got 2 car s on me, But once above 4000RPM's, that car really pulls. The same thing happened as in the first race. I didn't catch up till around 100mph in his 4th gear.

Oh well. It was still fun

pikkagtr
11-17-2004, 11:44 PM
let me guess
the accord is a 6th gen 4-cyl MT against a 91 EF9 hatch with a b18c1 swapp
yuor car 140 hp / 2900 or so lbs
his car 170 hp / 2350~2400 or so lbs
he would have rapped you unless you have some serious modifications to that 6th gen 4 banger
say nitrous or FI :eek7:
my car's got around 197 hp and it's 2650 lbs
i have ran a few 6th gens for fun cause my friends wanted to see how fast their car was compared to mine
it wasn't even close...not or funny
distance can be measured in bus lengths not car lengths
:icon16:

blacknight
11-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Yeah, but I'm around 155hp with mods (150 stock) and the swap was his only mod. No intake and no exhaust. As someone else has pointed out, his stock exhaust is really killing the performance of that engine. Oh well, it still was fun

civicHBsi91
11-18-2004, 03:34 PM
With a good driver even with just the motor he should have completely desimated you.

Nice races I geuss?

SpasticMonkey85
11-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Bad driver or Motor trouble

b18C1 civic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6th gen accord

you should have been owned

Exhaust would not make that big of difference

KrNxRaCer00
11-20-2004, 11:38 PM
nice races.

i think why ppl are questioning the results is just because on paper, he should be killing you.

his civic=mid-high 14 second car.
your accord=mid 16 second car. that is a HUGE difference. im not putting down your car at all, so don't take it that way, but the only two mod's that will free up any power are your i/e. the plugs and wires aren't going to do anything unless a car is very heavily modified or your stock ones were completely trashed.

still, sounds like you guys had fun. keep it up.

blacknight
11-22-2004, 11:55 AM
No problem. I'd expect to get a few eyebrows raised. :grinyes: Liek I said it was all in fun. maybe we'll get to the track (before it closes) to see what we'll do. We'll even switch cars one time to see the difference

jmrev
11-22-2004, 05:24 PM
Bad driver or Motor trouble

b18C1 civic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6th gen accord

you should have been owned

Exhaust would not make that big of difference
:iagree: 100%

Milliardo
12-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Good to see threads like this that don't trash the rival, but only had fun. I hope there are more threads like this. I'ts a good read, and even while reading I can see you're having fun.

Lychus
12-08-2004, 11:37 AM
yeah i mean im not too familiar with the accord but i have a 95 gsr fully stock and i toy with all accords, i can only imagine how bad he should have beaten u with his car being lighter. U should have his engine checked. Or his driving skills

2CivicGarage
01-15-2005, 01:03 AM
This story sounds plausible to me. Consider: Engine swap with no mods in a '91, this is probably a used (abused?) engine. Minus 10 Hp. Next (from personal experience) this engine is breathing (choking?) out of a 1" straw. Minus 10 Hp. What about wheel/tire combo? Inferior traction (as compared to the gsr or accord)? Improper tuning/ old plugs, filters etc...(minus 5-20 hp)...You see what I'm getting at.

MexSiR
01-16-2005, 04:26 AM
A GSR swapped civic can easily kill a 2000 V6 200 HP accord...I dont see how he didnt pull the lenght of a royal caribbean cruise ship on you. Probably he doesent drive very well...(I hate saying that thing, its not like driving in a stright line is hard, but you know...racing at the track i have found that many people dont know how to...a thing that i find really stupid...but whateva....

Add your comment to this topic!