Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AutomotiveArticles.com Launched!!!!!

igor@af
02-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Fellow AFers,

I am typing this with so much excitement, that my fingers do not want to listen to me when I tell them to type:flash:

After one delay after another for the www.AutomotiveArticles.com launch, it is finally here!!!
Please welcome AA to our happy family :D

On the site, we plan on publishing articles written by professionals as well as YOUR articles - yes, you can submit your own articles, and if accepted, they will be published right on AutomotiveArticles.com amidst all the other wonderful articles :) The article will be in your full credit.

Some features include:

HTML is allowed in the articles, so the formatting you can do is limitless.
Special Codes (http://www.automotivearticles.com/codes.php) simply your regular most used formatting as well as add some great functionality such as splitting your article into multiple pages!
The AutomotiveArticles.com Image Uploader allows you to upload all your photos relating to the article for free, and publish them right in the article!

Very powerful search system, allowing you to search by author, title, article content itself, and specific categories.

Please spread the word about AutomotiveArticles.com as well as do not hesitate to submit your articles if you write them from time to time :)

Currently, the site is split into 3 categories:

Car Reviews
Technical
Events

If anybody has suggestions for new categories, or just something site in general, please post it here!

Judge
02-24-2002, 10:07 PM
sweet :coolguy:

is that just a rough copy? it looks a bit simple/plain :)
and how about the same colour scheme as AF?
with the purple/blue :cool:

igor@af
02-24-2002, 10:14 PM
Yes, this just something to start with.. as time goes on, it will get more 'prettyfied' with design and functionality. :)

4x4 Cactus
02-25-2002, 05:42 AM
I intresting i suggest you guys also post something about modeling cuz allot ofstuff happen there all the time

Dezoris
02-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Very Nice Igor good luck with that :)

Looking good.

crayzayjay
02-25-2002, 04:48 PM
great idea igor.. good luck

jay

Type R
02-25-2002, 07:50 PM
WOW!
IGOR THAT'S NICE!
I CAN'T WAIT FOR AA TO BE FULLY DEVELOPED!
I AM CANADIAN!
MUHAHAHA!
CANADA TOOK THE GOLD!
GOOD JOB TO U.S. TOO!:D
(My cousins are American.)

Cbass
02-25-2002, 10:53 PM
Whheeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooo!

Go Canada! Joe Sakic is god(sharing the title with Stirling Moss, Tommi Makkinin[I can't spell], Ozzy and Angus Young).

Good luck with the site Igor, but who pick which articles get published?

Oh yeah, something I have to ask. Whats with the "Abarth" pic Jay?

crayzayjay
02-25-2002, 11:30 PM
well, i just love all things Abarth really... well, almost all things... my uncle used to have an Abarth Fiat which was pretty fast (for its time), and my dream machine, the awesome Lancia Delta Integrale Evo had Abarth input on the rallying side of things, which then went on to the road car developments. They used to make some awesome cars, unfortunately now FIAT use them as a marketing tag, sticking Abarth badges all over sh*tty Puntos and the like... I find that very sad, like sticking the tri-coloured "M" symbol on a 316 Compact with M alloys, when they could be using their expertise to make some truly sensational cars... oh well...

cheers,
jay

AEstud
02-27-2002, 02:55 PM
This sounds cool. I'll probably be there alot. I never knew that there had been previous attempts to launch it before.:bandit:

Add your comment to this topic!