Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ferrari using F2001 for Australia

ales
02-23-2002, 06:41 AM
What's your opinion on that? Is it a correct decision? My opinion is that they should have given F2001 to one driver and F2002 to the other. Looking forward to reading what you have to say about that.

Alex

NSX
02-26-2002, 11:27 AM
i think schumacher is more familiar with the 2001 so he's sticking with it

they should let barichello drive the 2002 to test out the car and get it ready for schumacher
i don't even know why barichello is still driving for ferrari:rolleyes:

RCer
02-26-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by NSX
they should let barichello drive the 2002 to test out the car and get it ready for schumacher
i don't even know why barichello is still driving for ferrari:rolleyes:
LOL on that.

What I don't understand is why he still thinks he has the same status than MS. I mean, is he the most ingenuous (spell?) person on the earth?

I think is a good call to use the F2001 on both drivers, better safe than sorry.
If they are not 100% sure about the new tranny, is better use the 01 machine. The car was obviously superior to the rest of the field on the last race of the 01 championship, and it was a hibrid of the 2 models, so they have a even better F2001 car now. Use it!!!

Mclaren F1
02-26-2002, 03:33 PM
I think Schumi should stay with the F2001 for the first race because who knows what can go wrong with the F2002......it could be good for him or bad........we will see in OZ

NSX
02-28-2002, 10:40 AM
when does barichello's contract expire?
i think the only reason rubens is still on ferrari is b/c ferrari couldn't get raikonnen

taranaki
03-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Barrichello may not be the superstar that Schumaker obviously is,but take Schu out of the picture,and give him a fair share of Ferrari's resources,and Barrichello could easily win more often.He's a great driver,in the top ten Formula One drivers and will do well this season.One things for sure,he'd leave me for dead on the circuit.

As to the cars, if last season is anything to go by,Ferrari can afford to run the 2002 model in Australia.It may not be completely race-ready yet,but the only way to make the final adjustments is to race test it.

ales
03-02-2002, 01:36 AM
Hehe. Have you seen the qualifying. Ferrari has been fastest in every session so far (Friday and Saturday practice, qualifying). The qualifying was weird, and with the help of rain it was Rubens who won. Michael is second, just 0.005s slower, but he managed to squeese only one fast lap. Both F2001-s are halp a second in front of anyone else, and had the qualifying be done normally, I believe it would have been much faster. Anyway, the point is, that if F2002 is as reliable as F2001, and my guess is that it is quite a bit faster (it has broken the Fiorano track record on its first outing ever!), then the rest could as well pack up and go home :)

Add your comment to this topic!