Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Spotted: the new Range Rover.

Matt Peckham
06-08-2001, 02:39 PM
http://www.difflock.com/diffmag/issue7/2002rr/index.shtml

DVSNCYNIKL
06-08-2001, 02:41 PM
Now those look pretty damn good. Better than the ones out now. I'll take the Range over the Land Rover.

Matt Peckham
06-08-2001, 03:16 PM
DVS, please cure your Ignorance (that's in your tagline...)

The Range Rover IS a Land Rover.

The Range Rover is a model of Land Rover.

The Defender I believe you are refering to is a Land Rover as well.

If it were not for the Defender, which is a revised version of the original Series I Land Rover, there would be no such thing as a Range Rover.

And the new Range Rover is a car. it has independent suspension. Which will pretty much suck ass.

DVSNCYNIKL
06-08-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Matt Peckham
DVS, please cure your Ignorance (that's in your tagline...)

The Range Rover IS a Land Rover.

Uummmm, I know that!! I said I like the Range over the Land that is shown in the pics on that link that you sent!

The Range Rover is a model of Land Rover.

The Defender I believe you are refering to is a Land Rover as well.

Where have I referred to a Defender in my comment?

If it were not for the Defender, which is a revised version of the original Series I Land Rover, there would be no such thing as a Range Rover.

And the new Range Rover is a car. it has independent suspension. Which will pretty much suck ass.

You see! I offer a simple response, you have to get smart with a response!!:mad:
Not a good thing!:right:

Matt Peckham
06-08-2001, 04:00 PM
I'm just trying to edumacate. the Land Rover you referred to is a defender (therefore I posted it in the Defender section).

That's all I wanted to clear up, hoping to unignorancize you.

Now if you call a Defender a Land Rover, that's true, but if you are trying to state that model of Land Rover, it's a defender, not a land rover.

;)

Chris
06-15-2001, 09:16 AM
It looks good. I hope it gets more power. I have always considered them to be better than the hummer.

It is the vehicle my grandpa wants.

gang$tarr
06-18-2001, 04:39 PM
it looks almost exactly the same as the one out right now, just different lights.....

who wouldn't take a range rover over a land rover?

matt how come you're always dissin people? you think you're smarter than everybody

cars2000
01-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Hey I found a picture of the new range rover too.
Who likes it.

:monkeypis

cars2000
01-01-2002, 12:37 PM
here is a pic of the old range rover whith weird suspension
what du ya think
please reply !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gang$tarr
01-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by cars2000
what du ya think

yeah i'd say that's some crazy ass suspension :D

Jeepguy01
01-04-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by cars2000
what du ya think

Yup, that's the beauty of live axles for ya....too bad the new Range Rover will have independent suspension at all four corners....

"G"-sus!
01-05-2002, 07:11 PM
That black Range looks TIGHT!! The one on the first link link looked like shit!

Maybe the black one was a concept pic????

Oh and that's not a weird suspension, I think it has HYDROLICS (hittin switches!) :sun:

L8R
f-bomb!:smoker2:

"G"-sus!
01-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah, and that black one would look REAL DOPE if it had black around the lights-like the one in the link.

f-bomb!:smoker2:

Chris
01-07-2002, 11:49 AM
It's not hydralics, its a live axle. They give better wheel articulation, more ground clearance, and are just plain better off-road. They can look kinda funny, but it works.

Blackbird01
04-07-2002, 07:23 PM
That picture of the Range Rover, is indeed a real picture.
Not only is the new RR going to look so badass, but the technology inside them is going to jump forward in leaps and bounds (think BMW 7 Series Technology)...

Also, I'm sorry to say that not only will the Freelander get IRS, as well as the Range Rover, but there are also plans to give the Discovery IRS as well.

Chris
04-08-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Blackbird01
That picture of the Range Rover, is indeed a real picture.
Not only is the new RR going to look so badass, but the technology inside them is going to jump forward in leaps and bounds (think BMW 7 Series Technology)...

Also, I'm sorry to say that not only will the Freelander get IRS, as well as the Range Rover, but there are also plans to give the Discovery IRS as well.

I can see the IRS for the Range Rover, but the defender at least deserves the superior off-road capabilities of a live axle. It is a sad day when the legendary Africa-conquering Land Rover bends over from customer complaints of a "bouncy ride and bad handling for downtown London"
Well, GET THE F*** OUT OF LONDON WITH AN OFF-ROADER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discos and Defenders are for off-roading, in places where a road is a mud bog. NOT the urban jungle.

FXman
11-20-2003, 06:37 PM
car200 man i just bought a 2003 Black Range Rover, because im tired of sports cars so i jsut wanted an SUV expensive but very sleek nice ridin car..............

Add your comment to this topic!