Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What Are You Guys Making on IS300's?

jdrumstik
10-27-2004, 04:33 PM
I was woundering, what kind of power are you guys able to make out of an IS300? say my budget was $3000(I generally allow 10% of what the car costs)

I was thinking for starters a cold air and full exhoust, and a light CAM. Which shoudl suck down around $1200 right?

I"m considering better brakes. And i don't know how I feel about better wheels and therefore tires.

What do you all think.

Beachtyme
10-27-2004, 08:07 PM
N/A power is normally around 200 or so on the M/T.

E-shifts are a little lower.

For 3K, you could get intake, exhaust, header, SAFC2, and some decent coilovers.

The stock brakes on the IS are good and really don't need much of an upgrade.

jdrumstik
10-28-2004, 01:50 PM
so how much power/toque would I be making apoporximintly?

And what is a SAFC2? Most of my searches came up with some sort of ECU computer that rides inside the cabin; but one search came up with a Turbo.

klohiq
01-16-2005, 10:46 PM
so how much power/toque would I be making apoporximintly?

And what is a SAFC2? Most of my searches came up with some sort of ECU computer that rides inside the cabin; but one search came up with a Turbo.

it's a piggy back system for your stock ecu that tricks it so you can modify the a/f ratio...allowing you to make the fuel to air ratio leaner or richer at various rpms...

i dunno about the is300, but with a sentra spec v it can yield gains of about 10whp without any other mods. though it is very much up to your stock settings (different cars put up different numbers from the factory due to production variances) and how well the system is tuned.

as for power with those mods...i don't own an is300 (considering one...that's why I'm trolling here)...

safc 10-20hp
exhaust 7-20hp (depends a lot on diameter and design)
headers 5-15hp
intake 5-10hp
-------------
+27-65hp at the flywheel

that's just a rough guess though

Add your comment to this topic!