Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Unable To Get Timing Right

REALLYBIG1
10-18-2004, 08:46 AM
91 geo storm 4 cyl. non turbo recently did a water pump, put everything back together and cranked it up to get it in time and i cant get tit right on. with i set it so you can drive it. it can't make it up a hill or get over 60 miles an hour. i can't setting to the manurfacture spec either. please help i need to know exactly where the timing marks need to be on the crank and cam shaft.

Lakeshow23
10-25-2004, 05:16 PM
The notches on the camshaft have to line up with each other. Make sure the timing belt is on tightly. If it's on too loose, the car won't have accurate timing at all.

kpree123
11-04-2005, 10:04 PM
91 geo storm 4 cyl. non turbo recently did a water pump, put everything back together and cranked it up to get it in time and i cant get tit right on. with i set it so you can drive it. it can't make it up a hill or get over 60 miles an hour. i can't setting to the manurfacture spec either. please help i need to know exactly where the timing marks need to be on the crank and cam shaft.

Did you find the answer? I need to get this car running for my son. As a female with limited knowledge I need all the help I can get.

Add your comment to this topic!