Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cruise Control not working

jstutz
10-12-2004, 02:04 PM
We just bought a brand new 04 Santa Fe this weekend. We got home and the second remote didn't work, so my wife took it into the dealer this afternoon. They reprogrammed it an now it works fine. The problem NOW is that the cruise control doesn't work (it has worked since we purchased the vehicle). Unfortunately she didn't notice the CC not working until she was most of the way home so she didn't take it back right then and there.

Question: is it possible that something the dealer did while reprogramming the unit has caused this problem? My wife mentioned that they did hook up to the computer in the car.

We'll probably have to take it back into the dealer, but since the dealer is quite a ways from our house/work, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of something I might be able to do at home to "reset" the cruise control. My wife looked to see if there were any loose fuses, but found none.

Thanks!
J

powersro
01-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi,

My 2001 Santa Fe cruise just stopped working. Did you figure out your problem? Know the solution?

Thanks

Bob

We just bought a brand new 04 Santa Fe this weekend. We got home and the second remote didn't work, so my wife took it into the dealer this afternoon. They reprogrammed it an now it works fine. The problem NOW is that the cruise control doesn't work (it has worked since we purchased the vehicle). Unfortunately she didn't notice the CC not working until she was most of the way home so she didn't take it back right then and there.

Question: is it possible that something the dealer did while reprogramming the unit has caused this problem? My wife mentioned that they did hook up to the computer in the car.

We'll probably have to take it back into the dealer, but since the dealer is quite a ways from our house/work, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of something I might be able to do at home to "reset" the cruise control. My wife looked to see if there were any loose fuses, but found none.

Thanks!
J

mazdatech
01-23-2005, 01:03 AM
They have to hook up the scan tool to program the remote. just take it to the dealer and use your great warrenty, they will fix it no questions asked.

smurthey
08-02-2006, 03:05 PM
My '01 cruise control went out under warranty. The dealer said it was caused by too much voltage being drawn by my aftermarket led tail light bulbs and burned out the sensors for shutting the cruise down when you hit the breaks. They also said it voided the warranty and was a $400 replacement. That was two years ago and due to the cost, I never replaced it.

This week my alternator went. In the process of replacing the alternator they must have reprogrammed the cruise control because Voila! it now works. Interesting how a burned out cruise control unit can come back to life! Needless to say, it makes me very suspicious of my dealer...

mysticarcangel
01-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi there well from a hyundai techs point of view.. i would say that programing a key with the hi scan.. Would no inop your cruise control.. The switches do go bad here and there.. i would have them check that.. After mark tail lights won't hurt anything wise wiring.. Now if you talking headlights on hyundai yes you can melt the wiring harness to the headlights but they would have to pretty darn power headlights bulbs..

Add your comment to this topic!