Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

in dash flip up tv.

george536
10-12-2004, 01:12 AM
i want to put one on in my dash. has anyone done it here? had some problems? im thinking the shifter gets in the way?

maybe one like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48609&item=5723944700&rd=1

my radio was recently jacked. left my car parked in unkown area :banghead:
so i need to fill the spot up.

imtheoneandonlyD
10-12-2004, 03:44 AM
its possible the shifter could get in the way. I had to move mine into L to get my cd player in and out when i installed it and then replaced it. I think i would go with a more reputable company. Pyle doesnt sound to.....good.

real_madridcf
10-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Looks nice. I havent really heard of pyle, but if you find some good reviews or ppl who have bought it then go for it. If you can afford a company that is a little more reliable, then do that. I am afraid that it will work fine for a while then break, and w/ ebay there are no warranties.

Let us know what you do. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

george536
10-12-2004, 04:55 PM
no im not getting that. juss something similar. i dont trust pyle.

george536
10-12-2004, 05:34 PM
how about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5724820052&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

i like it cuz the inputs are in the front. you think they will be able to fit in the dash?

helliviknow
10-12-2004, 07:10 PM
i remember a dudes eclipse that had something like that.. he said he had to be in 4th or 2nd to open it lmao

edit: my eclipse was wrecked so no air bags... i was origionally gonna put a screen in the wheel and pass were the bag was.. but now i want to just get a grant gt wheel or something and setup the pass. side airbag cover to pop up with a lil motor and a tv screen appear... that why with it shut nobody sees it in a parking lot and cides to break in and gank your shiz... plus i think it would look cool to have that pop up and a tv pop out of somethign... peace

ashah000
10-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Couple of my friends have pyle lcd screens.. they look good. But that all I really know about them. I think the shifter would definetly get in the way. Maybe just go with a lcd screen and mount it somewhere

Savior1974
10-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Actually I have a clarion flip out tv in my GSX. The shirter is just below where the t.v comes out at so it works fine. But if you plan on driving with the t.v up, get ready to smash your fingers between the shifter and the t.v a few times when shirting to 1st, 3rd, and 5th.... (Hurts like a %@$~). When it's out, I shift by just pushing the shifter up instead of actually grabbing onto the shifter. Works fine that way. When I get me car back for getting the mods done, I'll take pictures for you.

95_GSX
10-12-2004, 10:48 PM
edit: my eclipse was wrecked so no air bags... i was origionally gonna put a screen in the wheel and pass were the bag was.. but now i want to just get a grant gt wheel or something and setup the pass. side airbag cover to pop up with a lil motor and a tv screen appear... that why with it shut nobody sees it in a parking lot and cides to break in and gank your shiz... plus i think it would look cool to have that pop up and a tv pop out of somethign... peace

if your going to post use english. ;)

helliviknow
10-12-2004, 11:28 PM
so what language did that look like to you? Sure maybe im not grammatically perfect but i dont think people had that hard of a time understanding it. I'v seen much worse. My bad if its that unreadable. I admit i need to watch the .... usage... peace

george536
10-13-2004, 12:26 AM
yea if you can post some pics for me. i want to see how it looks.

GSTRacerNVUS
10-13-2004, 11:35 AM
JC Whitney has Pyle products in it... I've heard their speakers are crap. Everyone I know here makes fun of people who have pyle. A guy here in Daytona has a car completely decked in pyle. We call his car a pyle of crap, cause his system sounds so bad. I didn't know they put out in dash flip up tv's. Maybe pyle had better luck with electronics than speakers.

george536
10-14-2004, 12:33 AM
yea i heard bad things about them too, so im not risking it. ill step it up a bit and get like a clarion or something, but i still wan to see how it looks.

duckydsp
10-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Watch out for the ebay in-dash tv's. Some of them are just for a website where you can get one. I have also heard that pyle sucks just as bad as apc. Do you guys think that if you have a short shifter, then it would make shifting a lot easier?

Savior1974
10-16-2004, 10:31 AM
yeah, the one I have is a clarion. I got the Clarion flipout tv and the clarion dvd player. Works damn good man. I post pics soon as I get the damn car back.

hellah fresh
10-18-2004, 10:39 PM
y dont you just get some sunvisor tv screens on ebay and forget about the indash. aint no point of looking down at a tv all the time. so a good Dvd deck with some Tv sunvisors. thats waht i want to do.

george536
10-18-2004, 11:39 PM
i dont want sunvisors in dash looks cooler :smokin:

GSTRacerNVUS
10-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah, the in dash does look a lot cooler. I want to hook up a Playstation 2 or xbox to mine when I get it *dreaming*

george536
10-20-2004, 12:23 AM
i want to put my xbox in it, but it wont fit no were. its hard to find a spot.

GSTRacerNVUS
10-21-2004, 08:38 PM
I thought about just completely ignoring the glove box and attaching it to that. That's the only place I can think of.

Add your comment to this topic!