Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

coolant low light

deadring
09-30-2004, 07:20 AM
hi,

i got a coolant low light that lights up occasionnally, i saw in another post that the sensor could be cleaned and maybe that may be the cause.. whwere is the sensor in question? if i clean it and it comes back, im gonna get the bulb out...it's useless anyway ;)

parkavenuechrome
09-30-2004, 02:18 PM
the sensor is in the recovery tank

eespidie
09-30-2004, 09:41 PM
where and/or what is the recovery tank
- clueless -

Flatrater
09-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Your sensor is mounted to your rad and not the recovery tank.

deadring
10-01-2004, 06:06 AM
thats what i thought, because i can,t see anything int he recovery tank...

anyway i fear it's more of a eletrical glitch than anything else.. it's too sporadic.i'll check it anyways but.. in case.

deadring
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
is the sensor on the left side of the radiator when you are looking at the engine? coze when i unplug it the light LOW COOLANT goes away.. but i think this sensor is used for the the cooling fans as well.. anway, i broke it *applauds himself* and gonna need another from the dealer.. i brok the little black thingy that holds it in place...so now it's rigged up with good old fashion handy man secret weapon : ducktape... no seriously i put a tie-rap on it.. and it's ok.. but the oolant light stays on when i replug the switch so the problem is the switch anyways..

i'll go get one at the dealer monday.. i hope it's not so pricy..

Clay_Bee
10-10-2004, 07:32 PM
If it's like mine, it's close to the battery, very close to the Hi/Low side ac hoses where they go into the condensor connection. You have to expand a tab(s) to free it, and the space is very very tight. It's easiest to access with the rad. out of the car. Otherwise, take your battery out. I had success using a pair of 90 degree needle nose pliers (these are bent at a 90 for specialized work). When you expand the tab(s) you just have to wriggle the sensor out. Mine had green fungus/algae in it. I scrubbed it with radiator cleaner and soaked it for a bit. Worked like a charm. The strange thing is that it also trips if you don't have the correct anti-freeze mix.

deadring
10-12-2004, 10:10 AM
well mine was broken so i changed it.. it cost 20$ CDN so it's rather cheap.. and now it doesn't light up for nothing.. it seems alright :)

try changing it.. it can't hurt

deadring

Clay_Bee
10-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Not to bad. That's about what the oil sender costs in dollars U.S. I snapped that off changing the water pump. Its pretty brittle plastic.

Add your comment to this topic!