Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

89 honda accord's horn will not work!

moyles902
09-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I have an 89 Honda Accord, and along with the horn on the steering wheel, it also has the cruise control’s acceleration and Set button. Some time ago both my horn and the cruise control stopped working. I have checked the fuse and it is not blown. The only other thing I can think of is the wiring within the steering column. Would that be it, or is there something else I can check?

I need my horn back... there are a lot of sloppy drivers in my town!!!!!!

maka_RTH
09-29-2004, 11:19 PM
check www.3geez.com if you try searching there, somebody may have had the same problem, and the solution may already be there. if not, go ahead and ask, i'm sure somebody knows the answer!

glanderson
07-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I just saw your old message about the horn and cruise control going out on your 1989 Accord. We have a '91 Accord, and the horn and cruise control just went out on it! I wonder if you ever found out if the problems were connected, or what you did about it? My email address: glanderson@d211.org Thanks.

kaos2tru
07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
It sounds like the clock spring to me.

glanderson
07-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Can you give me any more details on that? Is the clock spring part of the horn, or is it part of the steering column or something else? I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I go to the mechanic. Thanks.

kaos2tru
07-09-2005, 12:32 AM
the clockspring is a disk between steering wheel and column, it provides power for the steering wheel (ie horn, and cruz)

Unknown_gsxr_750
08-17-2005, 05:09 PM
i have a 89 Accord my Horn didnt work at one point in time when i got it but then i got pissed off at the damn thing i punched one of the horn buttons and then suddly it works now it was odd now sometimes i have to hold it for like a second to make it work

glanderson
08-17-2005, 05:40 PM
As it turns out, there is a coil in the steering wheel that coordinates all of the wires for a variety of functions, including the horn, cruise control, and the SRS light, which eventually came on and stayed on.

When that was replaced ($450), everything worked fine.

Add your comment to this topic!