Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just bought a 2004 Jetta GLI VR6/new to the site.

bontchimus
09-22-2004, 10:11 AM
I just got my first new car.

Utilized the end of year model sale.

Sticker price $2585.
got it for $20825.

2004 GLI VR6 6 speed Galactic Blue with black leather, sunroof and winter package.

17" rims, added a bottom and side spoiler kit....LOVE this car.

Any suggestions or advice for me?

Anyone else have or love their VR6?

I pick the car up in one day....anything I should get from the dealership that day in particular? Besides my car that is ;-P

bontchimus
09-22-2004, 04:26 PM
nothing?

nein?

zilch?

nadda?

indianakar
09-22-2004, 05:13 PM
sounds like you got yourself a nice ride! :ylsuper: those 17" are the best, I think they are called ziatta. Anyways, just check that all the lights, flashers etc are working fine, I picked up my 2003 gls from the dealer and as I was so excited to drive it I didn't check the obvious, next day... :banghead: flasher reley burned and had to be replaced, one back seatbelt wasn't working either :screwy: and a bolt from the.... (this damn spanish in my heaD :banghead: ) (the thing with the little vanity mirror) wasn´t there. So it seems a little obvious but once you see the car and the guy gives you the key you just want to get the hell outta there!

bontchimus
09-22-2004, 06:38 PM
ohhh good ideas, never really thought about checking the simple things like back seatbelts and all.

I cant wait to take her for a spin. ;-P

leebrownusa
10-07-2004, 06:57 AM
I had a back passenger door that would not open from the outside when I picked up my 2004 GLI back in Jan. Also, twice, since then the car would not start, turned over but not start(no imbolizer symbol either). Had it towed to dealer and both times, no computer codes and it started right up for the dealer(It happened both times on a weekend so the car sat a day before the dealer looked at it). Happens a couple more times and I think maybe the Lemon Law may apply.....?????
But I love the car, sweet motor, 17" wheels, good sports sedan for the money.

jettaboy
12-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Gli's are hot cars, Very good choice! are you planning any mods with the vr6 engine???

Add your comment to this topic!