Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

riding with a passenger

Pistolpete
09-13-2004, 01:20 AM
hey ppl

im selling my car to buy a bike, is this a bad thing?
my folks have a car each and my sis is buying one soon, so i could probs borrow one of them if i need to go out somewhere nice, or cart ppl around. (by the way ill be 19 for another month, so im still a teenager, so if u tell me not to sell the car, in my youthfull know it all eagerness i wount listen to you)

also whats it like riding with a passenger?

ill b carting my gf around my the gpx when i get my hands on her (get my hands on the gpx i mean, iv already got my hands on my gf :))

aussieidiot
09-13-2004, 03:03 AM
i had both car and bike up until about 2 months ago. even with the car there i'd take the bike but sometimes you really just wanna car.

as for passengers, some are good and some are shit. riders generally make worse passengers. my wife is great. i don't even know she is there but her sister is shithouse. she wiggles and tries to see around me and just won't sit still. it really upsets the bike

also think about the loading of the bike. mines max weight is 186kg including locks and accessories. also the power of the gpx may suffer with the weight.

the main thing for girlfriends is the hair. with a helmet you can't have nice hair so it will be a downside to it all but depends on the girl

aussieidiot
09-13-2004, 03:10 AM
forgot to add that you can't carry passengers until youv'e held your full licence for one year

Pistolpete
09-13-2004, 10:08 AM
bugger! never knew about that! makes sense thow i supose

as for the weight, i weight 80kg and her about 45kg so its not too much of an issue.

oh god i suppose her mum will want a ride too, i wonder how much she weighs...........

anyway i have already told her that im not taking her out till i feel confident about everything to do with the bike. as for shite riders we'll just have to see i guess.

what do u think the penalties would be for ignoring the law? (not that i would ever consider it!! oh no of course not :))

aussieidiot
09-14-2004, 02:54 AM
not sure but not advisable coz you've only got 4 points to lose and ignorance is not a defense

Too New To Know
09-14-2004, 05:09 AM
fuckit man, she can wait to cruise on the back.. be patient, get to know your bike before you put a loved one on the back! :D

also check into the laws for your state, im sure they will differ.

Pistolpete
09-14-2004, 09:15 AM
yeh very true bro(s)

Whos calling her mum a loved one! haha

point taken thow, thanks

Too New To Know
09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHHA you crack me up... glad to have you join the forum :D .... us newbs need to stick together, even if we are on the opposite sides of our country! :D

speediva
09-14-2004, 01:50 PM
As for carrying a passenger. I have been riding for 3 years now, and I have YET to carry a passenger. I'm too scared. That, and there aren't too many people I know who weigh less than me (even at 150 lbs) that I could put on the back anyway. I really don't like the idea of putting someone bigger than me on back b/c of balance issues.

Too New To Know
09-15-2004, 12:54 AM
As a youngen, i never used to let anyone 'dink' me and i never 'dinked' anyone on my pushbike..

Yanks: "DINK" = some wiered term that i've never stopped to think about how amusing and wiered it is until now, but which is the word used for when your mate sits on the cross bar of the handlebars and you ride.. you are 'dinkin' him...
i remember when i used to ride past a mate or someone i knew and they'd be like "give us a dink mate", hehe i'd just tell them to F$^# off, because for some reason i dont trust them to keep me on the bars and i dont trust myself to keep them on the bars...

Too New To Know
09-15-2004, 12:56 AM
i do apologise, that was a really shitty story

aussieidiot
09-15-2004, 01:28 AM
lyndon, go sit in the corner and have a good, hard look at yourself. he he

a mate of mine used to let his misses on the back of his CBR250RR and the bike really suffered. it wasn't really designed for that weight and he had to constantly adjust the chain due to the suspension bottoming out.

i know i suck as a passenger but others can be good. its best to learn how to ride a bike first then try to go 2 up. i wouldn't try it on anything smaller than a 600

Too New To Know
09-16-2004, 03:47 AM
was this missus a bit uhhh, on the.. BIG side?

speediva
09-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Shit, I had a friend who had a (awful) green Kaw Ninja 250 and a BIG girlfriend who was ALWAYS in tow... he still got that thing up to the 3-digits somehow... Still goes against all the rules of physics, but he did it.

Too New To Know
09-16-2004, 05:46 PM
hahahahahahahahhaha

not happy about your hate for green though :(

Pistolpete
09-17-2004, 12:18 AM
me and the gf are only a combine weight of about 125kg so we not that heavy.

she weighs about 45 and me 80 or so.
45 and she still thinks she needs to lose weight!! whats up with girls and weight?!
yah and why do they always go to the toilet in pairs!!!

i got nothing

Too New To Know
09-17-2004, 02:20 AM
ahahahahaha

i just gave up one day when a chick i know used to ask all our friends EACH day "do i look fat in this".. i just ended up saying "yes, your a f#^@ing heffa now shutup", she knew she wasnt, but wanted that re-assurance EVER SINGLE DAY..

as for the toilet thing, i think its to talk about how handsome we are?? not too sure on that one..

when your confident enough (and your licence allows you to), give it a shot, its the only way to find out if it would work or not..

I know some fat bastards that would weigh what you and your gf are combined, and im sure they started on 250's :)

aussieidiot
09-17-2004, 02:28 AM
unless movies lie, all girls are naked in bathrooms and compare breast size and feel each other up!

as for my buddy's 250. he was 105 kg (a cop so not a fatty) and his misses is around 45 too.

aussieidiot
09-17-2004, 02:30 AM
oh yeah and now i ask my wife all the questions i'm scared of like "does my butt look big in this?" and "do you still find me sexy?" so much fun to see her squirm for a change!

Too New To Know
09-17-2004, 02:31 AM
aaaaaaaahahhaahahhhahahahahahahahaa

Pistolpete
09-17-2004, 07:13 AM
yeh man thats pretty funny

i reken what they get nakid, compare breast size all the while talking about how handsome we are, this seems like the only rational explanation

i mean it could be NOTHING else.

Anyway back on topic, goodnews ppl iv got another job, so ill be raking in about 550 pw till xmas, should be enough to pay for the bike and the rest of my car, which helps me out allot.

as for the passenger thing, im sure ill cope once im all trained and learnt and stuff.

thanks guys

Pistolpete
09-17-2004, 07:32 AM
yeh man thats pretty funny

i reken what they get nakid, compare breast size all the while talking about how handsome we are, this seems like the only rational explanation

i mean it could be NOTHING else.

Anyway back on topic, goodnews ppl iv got another job, so ill be raking in about 550 pw till xmas, should be enough to pay for the bike and the rest of my car, which helps me out allot.

as for the passenger thing, im sure ill cope once im all trained and learnt and stuff.

thanks guys

aussieidiot
09-17-2004, 02:37 PM
gather close kiddies. my wife just told me the two-up-toilet secret. shhh quiet now

they go to pee!!!!! the second person acts as a decoy so any embarrassing noise is covered up.
i feel so jaded. all my life movies have lied to me. does that mean that Hellboy, spiderman and the Hulk aren't real either!!!!!

aussieidiot
09-17-2004, 02:43 PM
on a less serious note, my misses hates helmet hair. she'll spend so much time on her hair and when i suggest we take the bike due to parking restrictions, she gives me the biggest dirty look. then complains all the time about having to re-.do it when we get where we're going. also issues about having to wear the right clothes so people don't see her ass poking out the top of the hipsters. although i love the low jeans, on a bike it might not be that good. i'm sure resident token female Tangie will have an opinion on this lovely little topic

Pistolpete
09-18-2004, 09:35 PM
lol
hey blayne when u and ur wife ride together, what gear does she use?
also do u guys have passenger gear, like when u upgrade ur stuff, do u just keep the older stuff for a passenger? i dunno just wondering.

aussieidiot
09-20-2004, 01:51 AM
i still have a spare hemet for any passenger, but my wife has an AGV helmet ($450) thats ok keeping in mind the amount of "riding" she does. i bought her a Alpinestars chick jacket ($800) just so shed actually wear one and not complain about fashion and style. her gloves are just cheapy wet proof leather. she wears jeans and f@#k-me-boots as well.

no-one wears our gear but us and the spare is an X-large for my mates. i won't ride with any one who won't wear some gear at least. my sis-inlaw wants to buy her own and get into bikes soon.

Too New To Know
09-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Yeah! Go Hot Chicks On Bikes!

And Come-f$^k-me-boots For That Matter!

Pistolpete
09-20-2004, 05:55 AM
ah, hmm yeh i wouldnt ride with someone without gear either. as for helmets i might just get my lady a 'cheeper' one, for when we do cruise
i think she has an old leather jacket she could whip on, and i might get her some jeans too, hmm decisions, decisions

lol guess what shes getting for xmas...

thanks for that

Too New To Know
09-20-2004, 03:33 PM
come-f$^k-me-boots?!?!? awesome! hahahaha :P

get her a pair of the new redmax jeans, (like draggin, but aussie!) cut em off just below the bum cheeks, get her to chuck on the c-f-m boots and you'll be laughin :D :D

Pistolpete
09-20-2004, 11:15 PM
haha sounds like a plan :)

aussieidiot
09-21-2004, 01:35 AM
actually the redmax look better than the draggin. more current style than straight leg tight fit.

speediva
09-21-2004, 04:05 PM
I can't stand riding in heels, or driving in them, for that matter. When you put me in heels, I'm 6' tall! :eek: I will be honest, I just ride in plain old jeans from the shop.

aussieidiot
09-21-2004, 10:13 PM
how do think i feel? i'm 6'8 with heels!!!

i agree with plain old jeans but they do tend to wear on the thighs quicker.

Pistolpete
09-21-2004, 10:58 PM
hey i was just thinking (really?!)
would more expensive jeans like ck or something protect u a little better than like target jeans?

aussieidiot
09-22-2004, 01:06 AM
other way around. at least target test their products till they break

Too New To Know
09-22-2004, 02:33 AM
hahahahahahhhahah.. he's got a point...

200 bucks on a pair of jeans that you can wear out, or get on your bike and feel safe.. is that really too much for style and peace of mind?

Pistolpete
09-23-2004, 12:18 AM
hehe well if the target adds are anything to go by, they should be quite strong i guess

well i guess that next time i want some new pants ill just get redmax or draggin jeans cause they look like normal pants anyway.

lol what about trench coats? my mum has an nice leather one which would look tops on my lady.
cept if it gets caught in the wheel or the chain...doe!!!

aussieidiot
09-23-2004, 02:14 AM
i reckon you should concentrate on yourself first and get used to riding in traffic. riding two up is harder than you think if you want to stay upright.

later when you've got your gear, set her up with a 300 buck helmet and around 300 on a jacket and 75 on gloves. let her wear her own jeans and boots till she's comfy on the back. hell she might hate it!

gsxygirl
09-28-2004, 10:07 AM
ridin on the backs fun...but sometimes it sucks just cause you aint got comtrol over the bike, like when your ex decides to go 130 with you on the back just to see if he can scare you(not fun)..

aussieidiot
10-01-2004, 04:27 AM
i never ride like a tool with the wife on the back. she doesn't even need to hang on really. one night she was almost asleep on my back. she feels sick when i boot it hard and sticks her nails in to let me know that she's not impressed

Too New To Know
10-01-2004, 08:28 AM
OhhhhHHHh, dominatrix..... i like it.....

whats even freakier is i now OWN THIS PERSON'S GLOVES... f#^k knows WHERE these hands have been!

Pistolpete
10-01-2004, 10:11 AM
haha "whootish!"

i have a question thats about as on topic as domination: Where do goldfish come from originally, i mean where is their natural environment?
no 1 i know has a f%$kin clue

now to my bike situation, iv finally decided on all my gear, and (hopefully) will be finalising loans and everything this week. go team pete!

aussieidiot
10-01-2004, 03:31 PM
oops. i didn't read my post in 'that' way but ok

2kflhr
12-24-2004, 01:43 PM
I've ridden thousands of miles two up. Some passengers don't understand the law of physics. You have to make them understand that under no circumstances do they make any uneccessary moves. Tell them to stick to your backside like each of you are connected with velcro. Don't counteract your movements when in the twisties or you could wind up in the other lane of traffic.

Add your comment to this topic!