Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Awd

miro1118
09-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Anyone know if there are plans to make a magnum with all wheel Drive? I just cant have a rear wheel drive in winter. I have heard rumors of AWD coming soon in the magnum. It this true?

Andydg
09-12-2004, 09:44 PM
This is from a DC press release.

"All-wheel Drive Joins Rear-wheel Drive on 2005 Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum

All-wheel Drive Joins Rear-wheel Drive on 2005 Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum

* New All-wheel-drive Choices Added to Line-up for Outstanding Performance in All Weather Conditions

* All-wheel-drive Vehicles to Go On Sale This Fall Starting at $27,900 (MSRP excluding $625 destination)

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 12, 2004 -One wheel? Two wheels? Three wheels, four? All wheels your preference? Who needs more? Chrysler Group is rounding out its Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 family with all-wheel-drive (AWD) versions of the highly popular vehicles. For those Dodge customers who prefer all-wheel drive, the 2005 AWD Dodge Magnum SXT and AWD Dodge Magnum RT will be introduced this fall. Later in the fourth quarter, Chrysler all-wheel-drive fans will be able to choose from AWD Chrysler 300 Touring and AWD Chrysler 300C models, as well as an AWD package that will be available as an option for the Chrysler 300 Limited.

"The rear-wheel drive Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 have proven themselves in the marketplace as popular performers all across the United States, and we look to these new all-wheel-drive choices to continue that momentum," said George Murphy, Senior Vice-President, Global Brand Marketing.

By continuously driving all wheels, the new all-wheel-drive system provides excellent cornering balance and traction under all driving conditions. Combined with standard features such as Electronic Stability Program (ESP), All-speed Traction Control, four-wheel anti-lock brakes and Emergency Brake Assist, performance and stability are outstanding in the new AWD members of the Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300 lineup.

"While chassis electronics and tire technology improvements help control our Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum rear-wheel-drive models, some customers may still opt for the all-wheel-drive choice," said Murphy. "With this latest option, we are able to offer what the customer wants in each case."

The new all-wheel drive system adds a front differential and a transfer case to the standard rear-wheel-drive configuration. All-wheel drive continuously divides the power between the front and rear axles at a 38-percent to 62-percent ratio.

In addition to the front differential and transfer case, the all-wheel drive system adds a unique short- and long-arm front suspension to accommodate the front drive axle and related components. This unique suspension uses a forged upper control arm and single-piece case-iron lower control arm, efficiently packaged around the front-axle drive system. The steering gear effort and response and the suspension characteristics also are tuned to the handling characteristics of all-wheel-drive vehicles.

2005 AWD Dodge Magnum SXT Model

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2005 AWD Dodge Magnum SXT model is $27,900 (excluding $625 destination). This includes the added front differential, transfer case and all-wheel-drive front suspension, a five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick®, 18-inch wheels and touring tires, performance disk brakes and a 19-gallon fuel tank with the 3.5-liter V-6 High Output engine.

2005 AWD Dodge Magnum RT Model

The MSRP for the 2005 AWD Dodge Magnum RT model is $31,370 (excluding $625 destination). This includes the addition of the front differential, transfer case and all-wheel-drive front suspension. (The five-speed automatic transmission, 18-inch wheels and touring tires, performance disk brakes and 19-gallon fuel tank already are included as standard equipment on the Dodge Magnum RT.)

2005 AWD Chrysler 300 Touring Model

The MSRP for the 2005 AWD Chrysler 300 Touring model is $29,370 (excluding $625 destination). The added front differential, transfer case and all-wheel-drive front suspension, a five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick, 18-inch wheels and touring tires, performance disk brakes and a 19-gallon fuel tank are included with the 3.5-liter V-6 High Output engine on the AWD Chrysler 300 Touring model.

2005 Chrysler 300 Limited AWD Option

The 2005 Chrysler 300 Limited will be offered as an all-wheel-drive vehicle through an option package. In addition to the Limited model's standard equipment, this package will add the front differential, transfer case and all-wheel-drive front suspension, a five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick, 18-inch wheels and touring tires, performance disk brakes and a 19-gallon fuel tank with the 3.5-liter V-6 High Output engine. The MSRP for 2005 Chrysler 300 Limited vehicles with the AWD option is $31,215 (excluding $625 destination).

2005 AWD Chrysler 300C Model

The MSRP for the 2005 AWD Chrysler 300C model is $34,195 (excluding $625 destination). This includes the addition of the front differential, transfer case and all-wheel-drive front suspension and 18-inch wheels. (The five-speed automatic transmission, touring tires, performance disk brakes and 19-gallon fuel tank already are included as standard equipment on the Chrysler 300C.)

The 2005 AWD Dodge Magnum and AWD Chrysler 300 will be built at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11887&stc=1

miro1118
09-13-2004, 12:32 PM
awesome, Ill have to look into that when my lease expires.

Thanks

Andydg
09-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Yeah no problem...I really want one of these with AWD. It would really kickass if they came out with the SRT-8 version and a manual 6...I would sit at the dealership and drool.

Samurai75007
09-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Iv sat in the SRT-6 its nice... no man on the one I was in but it had a supercharged 5.7, dont know why with a 6.1 having more HP on the way?

Samurai75007
09-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Ahhh sorry SRT-8

Samurai75007
09-17-2004, 08:48 PM
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/8119Viperday2-02-med.JPG
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/8119Viperday2-03-med.JPG

LTJGWorth
09-17-2004, 08:53 PM
How are these Magnums? Are they good? They look like one of the coolest cars Chrysler has out right now.

Samurai75007
09-17-2004, 09:24 PM
They are good... however I haven’t had the chance to get one over 45 but I have a feeling that there European counterpart has given them some help that should make them better then they would be.

oldlady
09-22-2004, 01:24 PM
we just bought a 2005 sxt rwd, old man didn't want the awd hemi. didn't like the 4cyl fwd feature at low rpm on the 5.7. any feedback much appreciated,we haven't seen another in our area. really between the esp and abs we have not been able to make the thing do anything other than haul ass. curious if it is even feasible that they could be more stable. he's tried and tried to 'light em' up', all that happens is 90' turns at 70mph. it's really cool and really weird all at the same time. thanks alot total "newbee", at least the computer saved me 1000s on the car.

Samurai75007
09-22-2004, 02:46 PM
If you turn them all off and use the autostick to go thrugh the gears you should be able to get it to do something...

oldlady
09-28-2004, 11:59 AM
thank's i'll tell him to try it. the car is so new to us that we find out something everyday. of course everyone who looks at the car thinks we should of got the hemi, but we don't need the hemi. this one tends to get away from us and with perfect records we dont need to start getting tickets now. the car attracts too much attention as is.

Samurai75007
09-28-2004, 12:29 PM
The only thing is whutever you do dont change the wheels till some ones come out just for that car. we have been having problems with that all the time.

brihamlin
10-04-2004, 08:30 AM
How are these Magnums? Are they good? They look like one of the coolest cars Chrysler has out right now.

Great reviews, here you go: http://www.automedia.com/autoReviews/rts20040501dm/rts20040501dm.asp

fredjacksonsan
10-11-2004, 12:35 PM
You can "build" an AWD on the Dodge.com website now.

kathygarnerville
11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
I was just at my dealership, which handles Jeeps, Chrysler and Dodge vehicles, and saw a few Magnums that had AWD listed on the sticker in the window. It's Rockland Auto Plaza, here in Nanuet NY.

And, I think they are having specials or some rebate on it

JackGivens
11-17-2004, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to try one of these AWDs out. I wonder how it will handle compared to the other ones. It sure will have a lot of power.

magnum lover
12-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Push the button ESP off, and the wheels should spin. I have an RT with a hemi and I love it. It will spin in the snow. Have to learn how to drive rwd all over again.

kathygarnerville
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
I don't get the male fascination with deliberately trying to spin out in the snow. I've been a volunteer EMT and I can't tell you how many accidents I've seen in the winter time due to male stupidity.

Anyway, since the Magnum reminds me of the "heaviness" of the 300C, it should be fantastic in AWD, and the 300C is coming out with SWD in 2005!

So, if you want a more wagon room sedan, the Magnum would do and reminds me of a longer version of the 300.

BleedDodge
12-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Spinning is fun. The stupidity comes from not knowing how to handle it.

magnum lover
12-29-2004, 08:34 PM
I spun coming out of my driveway in the snow, not on purpose, ESP was on and the little light with the car skidding flashed on and off. I don't know what the male facination is either, I'm female.

BleedDodge
12-30-2004, 01:56 AM
It spun because it's got power.

magnum lover
01-16-2005, 05:46 AM
The magnum is the wagon version of the 300. Interior is identical and options too. My RT handles beautiful but in snow, it tends to spin when starting out. I couldn't wait for AWD, it just rides so nice. The AWD should stick to the road and be even better in snow.

MangumSXT
03-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Well you wanted to know how the awd handled? Much better, there is still that body roll but you can feel the front end being pulled through the turn. The thing that suprised me is the AWD has a tighter turning radius, I know it's only .1" but it feels like a lot more when you drive it. And the RWD SXT doesn't have the auto stick.

MAGZERO
03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I have the 05' RT AWD. I love it. My problem is i want to do lots of performance mods, and everything i look at "even rims" don't fit the awd. Any advise would be great!

Chris Stewart
01-05-2007, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=kathygarnerville]I don't get the male fascination with deliberately trying to spin out in the snow. I've been a volunteer EMT and I can't tell you how many accidents I've seen in the winter time due to male stupidity.

Guess you've never seen John Force or Jungle Jim Liberman do a 1/4 mile burnout in an NHRA Nitro Funny Car huh?
Can't be any worse than female stupidity tailgating then locking up the brakes in a slide all the way to the stationary object they hit.
Had one try to commit suicide by trying to drive under my truck...grabbing the cell phone in the passenger seat...a wide shoulder and very good brakes kept my 6400lb. truck off her bonehead.

Add your comment to this topic!