Navigation & MMC

Pages : [1] 2

mattd1
08-28-2004, 02:53 PM
we have just brought a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis imported from Japan to NZ. It has satelite navigation but it is in Japenese. We have found a Navigation Soft cd which is the software for it, but have not been able to find any English software, does anyone know what needs doing to change it over to English and NZ map?

Also the MMC controls are all in Japanese, any ideas on how to make these English also?

mdavies
08-29-2004, 05:44 PM
I too have just bought a chariot that is a jap import. I cannot really answer your question other than to suggest you buy a manual for the car in english there are plenty on the net, this is what I intend to do.
You mentioned that you have sourced a disc.
I have just had to replace the battery on my car and the MMC no longer works as it needs either a code or a reload cd. Where did you find your cd this may help me find what I am looking for.
Cheers

mattd1
08-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks for that. Our cd was in the cd player under the front seat. Do you want us to cut a copy for you?

mdavies
08-30-2004, 02:58 PM
thanks matt
It would be great if you could send me a copy, I will send you a cheque to cover your costs. I am in Blenheim in the south island.
My email direct is madavies@xtra.co.nz if you want to get in touch and arrange things.
Thanks Mike

gavinveronica
10-29-2004, 11:36 AM
I have a Cd that activates all Chariot super exceeds that have the multi communication system made between 1997- 2000. If you have a Japanese overlay on your tv screen then this disc resets all that. I can be contacted on vrongav@talktalk.net

Greg Heasley
12-04-2004, 02:36 AM
Gavin,

We've just moved to NZ from South Africa and we bought ourselfs a 1999, Chariot Grandis Exceed. They dont have them in SA and we are stoked with the car!!
Only problem is that the english manual doest help with the Japenese MMS, so if i could somehow get a copy of that cd it would help heaps.
Thanks, gregheasley@gracenet.co.nz

beijerling
12-05-2004, 03:30 AM
I have a Cd that activates all Chariot super exceeds that have the multi communication system made between 1997- 2000. If you have a Japanese overlay on your tv screen then this disc resets all that. I can be contacted on gavin@gavin2.wanadoo.co.uk

I too have just purchased a Japanese import in New Zealand and would very much like to have the MMCS converted to English. I've read on another foru that the language is actually hard-coded in the unit itself and that the CD only contains activation codes. Do you have a Japanese import Chariot yourself and/or do have actual experience that using this CD converts the Japanese software/screen text to English?
If so would you be willing to send me a copy of the CD?

My personal email address is beijerling@slingshot.co.nz

Thanks,

Daniel

beijerling
12-05-2004, 03:36 AM
Does anyone have experience with connecting a DVD player to the MMCS?

Daniel

gavinveronica
12-05-2004, 03:46 AM
You should have RCA plugs on top of your single CD unit, you plug your DVD into these. You then press the TV button on your radio and scroll to VTR, press play on the DVD and it will play. Remember the DVD has to be set to NTSC or it won't play, also will go off when you put the car in drive.

beijerling
12-13-2004, 02:29 AM
You should have RCA plugs on top of your single CD unit, you plug your DVD into these. You then press the TV button on your radio and scroll to VTR, press play on the DVD and it will play. Remember the DVD has to be set to NTSC or it won't play, also will go off when you put the car in drive.

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your reply.
Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not quite sure what RCA plugs are. Are they the small round plugs, with a single pin in the middle (usually collored red, white and yellow), like the ones used to connect audio/video equipment? If so, I can't find any of those.

The only connections the single CD unit (under the drivers seat) has are in the back of the unit. There is a round female socket with lots of small pin holes (DIN I believe it's called) and a rectangular one also with a number of small pin holes.

Also, although there is a TV button on the MMCS unit in my Chariot Grandis Exceed it doesn't actually seem to do anything. Do you (or anyone else on this forum) know if perhaps there are MMCS units without the TV function or is there something wrong with my unit?

Thanks,

Daniel

beijerling
12-13-2004, 02:44 AM
[QUOTE=mattd1]we have just brought a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis imported from Japan to NZ. It has satelite navigation but it is in Japenese. We have found a Navigation Soft cd which is the software for it, but have not been able to find any English software, does anyone know what needs doing to change it over to English and NZ map? ...QUOTE]

Has anyone on the forum located a Navigation Software CD for New Zealand yet? If so I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Daniel

gavinveronica
12-13-2004, 03:06 AM
Hi Daniel, please email me at vrongav@talktalk.net I will be able to send pictures and I have all the info you need and although you wont get the TV running a DVD is simple.

beijerling
12-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Hi Everyone,

Well after pursuing all avenues in search of the existence of a suposed CD that can convert the Japanese on-screen text of the MMCS to English, (even Mitsubishi New Zealand themselves know of NO such CD), I have come to the conclusion that unfortunately none exists.

However, there is a reboot/reset/initialisation CD that is needed to reboot the MMCS after it's been without power (e.g. due to a battery deffect/replacement). If this is the case a white message box appears in the middle of the screen (in Japanese) stating the need for the CD. These CD's are/should be had by official Mitsubishi dealers who can reset your system for you.

There are a couple of private individuals out there, lucky enough to be in possesion of a reboot/reset/initialisation CD, (on this forum and the following forum: www.mitsubishi-forums.com/f5-mitsubishi-galant-mitsubishi-legnum-forum.htm) who may be willing make a copy on request for a fee.

There is an English translation of the Chariot Grandis user manual available via www.jpnz.co.nz which, although it does contain usefull/interesting info about the car, contains absolutely NO INFO on the use of the MMCS!

A lot more usefull is the English translation of the user manual for the 3 different types of MMCS, also available from JPNZ, which you can find by using the following link:

www.jpnz.co.nz/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=68&cat=3&page=4

Good luck,

Daniel

gavinveronica
12-19-2004, 01:27 PM
sarahranson@aqua-pacific.com will post you a book from the UK and ti tells you everything you need to know about your MMCS.

rabs999
01-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi All,

Until recently I faced a similar delimma as many here on this thread regarding getting our MMCS going. I can safely assume the battery had been disconnected at some point prior to the car arriving in NZ ('98 Grandis Super Exceed) as it was asking for the cd to be inserted. Thanks to this thread and Gavins post, I made contact with him via his email address and arranged for him to send me a cd to get our MMCS going. The total cost was 20 quid and it arrvied mid last week, and it's running perfectly. So it took about 2-3 weeks to arrive which considering this was over xmas and new year was good going. I can thoroughly vouch for Gavin's excellent service. He's been a life saver.

Like Daniel I have purchased two manuals produced by JANZ for the Chariot Grandis and MMCS, both of which are very good, the MMCS manual is great and covers 3 versions of the system. My only complaint is that is stops short of detailing the trip computer info.

Lastly my cousin (by marriage) works for Mitsubishi NZ and I have found out from him that there is a chip (not a cd) that will enable the text displayed on the MMCS screen to be converted from Japanese to English, it's pricy though, NZ$1,400. I'll see if I can get more details and post a seperate thread as soon as I can.

Cheers

Adam

gavinveronica
01-29-2005, 02:59 AM
Hi Guys
I don't want to be hold responsable but check out item number 5746772630 on Ebay, it might be a wind up as he is a newbie. But it opens a can of worms if he is genuine.

pomare1
04-14-2005, 04:28 AM
Hi there. I know this post is mostly about Chariots but we recently purchased a Pajero with a MMCS in it and thanks to your posts found an english manual from jpnz. *Great Stuff* However we still can't access it as it is asking for that boot CD as the battery was disconnected. Anybody able to help at all??

gavinveronica
04-14-2005, 07:16 AM
If you have the correct head unit, then I can probably help. vrongav@talktalk.net

pomare1
05-04-2005, 03:55 AM
Thanks for sending the CD Gavin it arrived all good!!
We have to admit we were a bit skeptical about ordering from the UK but it all turned out the best.

gordon stewart
09-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi Guys
I don't want to be hold responsable but check out item number 5746772630 on Ebay, it might be a wind up as he is a newbie. But it opens a can of worms if he is genuine.

Hi Gavin
Just joined, ( would be keen for you to tell me about the item above, it is not on EBAY now,) I had the same problems as you all with my Mitsi/Chariot/1997 Jap import. I live in Wairoa, Northern Hawkesbay Newzealand. We kept losing the screen info, it was so irratic that it distracted me while I was driving. The Toyota sales man tried to find out how to fix the prob, but Mitsubishi NZ did not want to know about it. They did find out that the need for a disc was some of the problem, and they did supply a loan disc.

This did not help me, the system kept asking for the cd, even when the cd was always there. I tried all sorts of things as I wanted to play a music cd in the system. I did manage to get the music to play through the cd player under the drivers seat, but it would not play while I was driving, it was ok while the car was parked. After checking the system for lose wires, I then tried to alter the programing of the navigation program, blindly, I then disconected the battery, installed the mmc disc again, to my joy, things have now been sorted.

No one can tell me, but I think the navi program was causing the problem, it kept asking for the cd because everyone, including myself, kept resetting the navi program blindly, and the system needed more info from the cd, until this was done the system caused problems.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has had the same problem and found out the cause. Cheers Gordon stewart

gavinveronica
09-15-2005, 04:29 AM
The disc that you was loaned is obviously the wrong one, there are several CD's for all the different Mitsubishi ranges, the CD part number you need is MR285494 this covers your car from 1997-2000 and a few Pajero's with the same head unit. The CD is very expensive through a dealer and most are unwilling to help. The CD will fix all as long as you have the white overlay on your screen with several different Japanese words, but in the middle of it all you will spot the word CD, also this CD has fixed a few black screens. If you would like a copy then please email me at vrongav@talktalk.net
This CD will reactivate your whole system 100%, inc trip computer, TV, radio, tape, graphic equalizer, compass, altitude metre, 4WD, air con info.
Please note that the TV and 4WD is not available on some models.

kreme
01-13-2006, 03:03 AM
we have just brought a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis imported from Japan to NZ. It has satelite navigation but it is in Japenese. We have found a Navigation Soft cd which is the software for it, but have not been able to find any English software, does anyone know what needs doing to change it over to English and NZ map?

Also the MMC controls are all in Japanese, any ideas on how to make these English also?

Has anyone ever considered taking a digital photo of the MMC panel, taking it to a Japanese language school (Local polytech etc) and getting it translated?
Will try this myself and see if it helps us
(We are brand new owners (today) of a 1998 Chariot Grandis and want to get the most out of what is (to us) new technology)

gordon stewart
01-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Has anyone ever considered taking a digital photo of the MMC panel, taking it to a Japanese language school (Local polytech etc) and getting it translated?
Will try this myself and see if it helps us
(We are brand new owners (today) of a 1998 Chariot Grandis and want to get the most out of what is (to us) new technology)

Hi kreme
I hope you enjoy your MMC Chariot as much as we have.
We have had our 1997 MMC Chariot Grandis super exceed for six months now, it is the safest vehicle I have driven. The permanent 4 wheel drive and the very responsive auto gearbox and motor power makes it a smart car for New zealand roads. Taking a photo is a good idea, be very keen to see how you get on. I have learned a lot about the Navigation system, and have got my one working well, I have also put a 10 disc Mitshi stacker in under the passenger seat, linked into the Nav cd under the drivers seat, if you need any help in these areas, I am happy to share my experience.
Gordon Stewart

finmgr
02-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I have just purchased a 1998 Chariot Grandis. Gavin came to the rescue and sent me the reset CD (see his post on other peoples questions). If you're having problems I would suggest look no further than Gavin. It's worth the price to pay to have him burn you a disc and send it to you.

Now if I could only find maps for the GPS unit. Does anyone know if the MMCS units are able to read Garmin GPS maps?

Glen

jjombwe
03-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi Daniel, please email me at gavin@gavin2.wanadoo.co.uk I will be able to send pictures and I have all the info you need and although you wont get the TV running a DVD is simple.

Hi every body,

i have just imported two Mitsubish Galant model 1998 & 1996 from japan. the vehicles are fitted with a MCS but its in japanese. can some one help me send me an english version of the installation software CD including the navigation CD that can read uganda map? i can be contacted on jpaul@ircu.or.ug
I have just seen the part number for the CD am looking for MR383899 Kindly some one help me.

Thanks,
Paul

barbey1
08-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Yet another uk chariot grandis with 10 disk cd under passenger seat and sat nav box under driver seat with a cd reset needed. can anyone help at the moment the with moans about the bright light from display at nightime. Please mail klauseb@msn.com with any info. many Thanks Kevin

gavinveronica
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I can help, I have emailed you today.
Gavin

Scorpionz
10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi, I have just been reading through this forum, although not sure if I can follow. To me it seems that I might need either a replacement chip (NZ$1400) - too expensive or that I can use a CD.

What I am looking for is the option to alter the Japanese on a 1999 Grandis Chariot to English. Although I haven't yet bought it, I am seriously considering buying...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, either in this forum or via an email (sirpiot at hotmail dot com)

Cheers

gavinveronica
10-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Hi, I have just been reading through this forum, although not sure if I can follow. To me it seems that I might need either a replacement chip (NZ$1400) - too expensive or that I can use a CD.

What I am looking for is the option to alter the Japanese on a 1999 Grandis Chariot to English. Although I haven't yet bought it, I am seriously considering buying...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, either in this forum or via an email (sirpiot at hotmail dot com)

CheersDon't pay $1400 for a chip as there isn't one, email me at vrongav@talktalk.net and I will help with pictures and advice.
Thanks
Gavin

juanpiro
01-06-2007, 06:58 PM
:grinyes:Hello I am Juan Pablo I am from Bolivia. I have manual for Mitsubishi chariot, And also I have manual for consoles different from cars in Japanese, these manuals are in English but they are helpful. They are on sale.

mi e-mail are: juan_pablomp@hotmail.com

gavinveronica
01-07-2007, 04:37 AM
I can supply most books/manuals for all Mitsubishi's with MMCS, although they are expensive, they do take the guesswork out.

05-29-2007, 12:12 AM
hey mate can i get a copy of navigation Cd for a mitsubishi chariot

gavinveronica
05-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Yes, contact me at vrongav@talktalk.net

Tompan
06-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Can any one help me to get MCS CD for Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis Exceed, 1997.

fkamau
08-02-2007, 05:07 AM
I have a Cd that activates all Chariot super exceeds that have the multi communication system made between 1997- 2000. If you have a Japanese overlay on your tv screen then this disc resets all that. I can be contacted on gavin@gavin2.wanadoo.co.uk
Gavin,
I need your assistance to activate my car MMc, it is a 2000 Chariot Gradis 4WD. the car is in Kenya and I work in the republic of Georgia, in two weeks time i will be going for my leave and i would like to have the CD when i alive.
I have already written to you twice on your private email address but there has been no reply. Please give me a response as i will be having a very short leave.
My Email address is kamauf@un.org

juanpiro
08-08-2007, 06:55 PM
:grinyes: :grinyes:Hello I am Juan Pablo I am from Bolivia. I have manual for Mitsubishi chariot, And also I have manual for consoles different from cars in Japanese, these manuals are in English but they are helpful. They are on sale.
the cost of this manual in format pdf, is 35$, and i send you for e-mail, the form of pay is with a deposit in western union.
mi e-mail are: juan_pablomp@hotmail.com

gavinveronica
08-09-2007, 12:21 AM
Sure contact me at my email address

gavinveronica
08-09-2007, 12:23 AM
:grinyes:
No westen union payments Paypal or cheque only

gavinveronica
08-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Yes I can supply you with a CD

basilandre
08-11-2007, 12:34 AM
hi, i own a 2001 pajero IO with a mmcs that went haywire after i jumpstarted the battery. The screen turned black with a white band across the center with Jap symbols and the 'CD' on it and none of the controls on the main console are working even though all my fuses are good. My reactivation CD is damaged so i cant use that. Last night (Aug 10th 07), the screen went blank, still lit but with nothing on it, and no response from the controls still. If there is anyway u can help me please contact me at
1(246)270-0995 or email me at asap13@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance,
Rommel

gibbin
09-22-2007, 05:22 PM
hi all great forum i need help .how do you get the dash around the radio and air con off ,in a 1997 mitsi grandis mx select is it screwed in or just clips in ,i am not sure and dont want to break it i want to change the radio to a cd mp3 player.

gibbin

da mad kiwi :screwy: :banghead:

newkirkb52
11-24-2007, 07:05 AM
You are in Luck today - I have the CD for the Chariot Grandis . My chariot is a 1998 model , but I think as long as it is a Grandis it will work for you . I have made several CD copies of this original . You are certainly welcome to have one if you will just let me know where to send it too . I am here in the Philippines , I can just slip this into a envelope and send it off to you ,,, Mery Christmas .....

Cheers - love my chariot too

newkirkb52b@yahoo.com

newkirkb52
11-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your reply.
Please excuse my ignorance but I'm not quite sure what RCA plugs are. Are they the small round plugs, with a single pin in the middle (usually collored red, white and yellow), like the ones used to connect audio/video equipment? If so, I can't find any of those.

The only connections the single CD unit (under the drivers seat) has are in the back of the unit. There is a round female socket with lots of small pin holes (DIN I believe it's called) and a rectangular one also with a number of small pin holes.

Also, although there is a TV button on the MMCS unit in my Chariot Grandis Exceed it doesn't actually seem to do anything. Do you (or anyone else on this forum) know if perhaps there are MMCS units without the TV function or is there something wrong with my unit?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel I have a tv in my chariot and it works fine , but i had to install an antenna before it would work . you can buy this at any auto electronic shop for about $20.00 I believe . However there are Chariot's that do not have the TV capability - this is what I have heard anyway ....

What ever you do make a copy of the CD that came with the Chariot - ( if you disconnect your battery -:runaround: everything has to be re-set and you will need your CD to do this ...

newkirkb52@yahoo.com

newkirkb52
11-24-2007, 07:35 AM
hi all great forum i need help .how do you get the dash around the radio and air con off ,in a 1997 mitsi grandis mx select is it screwed in or just clips in ,i am not sure and dont want to break it i want to change the radio to a cd mp3 player.

gibbin

da mad kiwi :screwy: :banghead:

I think you would be better off mounting it under the dash instead - All that wiring inside is relly a jungle . It is so touchy :nono: and you may mess up something then all your other functions may go out . I just mounted one under the dash and hooked it to the main unit under the drivers seat ./:nono:

newkirkb52
11-24-2007, 07:47 AM

I also have a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis Exceed - I would be happy to send you a copy of the Cd to re- activate your console screen . Just drop me a line and it's yours ( FREE) Merry Christmas ....
newkirkb52@yahoo.com

is0lde
06-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Any Update on a way to get the MMCS going in English?

rich37
09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Having the same problem trying to locate a systems boot disc for the MMC in English or in Japanese but have found a company who translate all manuals for Mitsubishi Grandis and all Japanese imports. The website address is www.jpnz.co.nz They are based in New Zealand. Any help locating a disc would be greatly appreciated.

gavinveronica
09-11-2008, 01:02 AM
There seems to be some confusion as to a MMCS book that translates Japanese to English and a CD That reboots the MMCS into English. The books are plentiful, but there are NO CD's that translate, although there are a few people saying that there is.
But don't dispare the MMCS system is mostely made up of pictures and numbers and the majority of the Japanese writing is written on the radio and i do have a translation for that.
If you would like a copy of the radio layout or a reboot CD for your Pajero,Chariot, VR4, ETC then my email address is vrongav@talktalk.net

ITEX.DOES.IT
09-24-2008, 10:32 PM
https://sites.google.com/view/itexnz/mmcs-cd has System start CDs and Documentation (also in PDF format) available at low cost

kamwenyi
09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
HI everyone, just stumbled upon this forum in my quest for info on my newly acquired chariot grandis 2000 model. Its a great forum now got answers for my kids who want to know why TV screen is blank. thanx

Polariss
09-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for that. Our cd was in the cd player under the front seat. Do you want us to cut a copy for you?

Hey matt,
i am a new owner of a 2000 Chariot Grandis...i do not know where to look for this CD that has become the talk of the day. I saw a unit under the driver's seat, but is does not looks like a cd player.

please advise...

Regards,
Ronald

Polariss
09-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey...has any one found a way of getting the TV to show?

Ronald...

kamwenyi
09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
hi every one. i m in similar boat this side of the kalahari desert. my tv is off. plz anyone send me copy of reset cd and manual. my email add is mingochid@yahoo.com

djmephodman
02-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Advice for all Gardening Tip - Plant miracles:Make the most of your garden, now is the perfect time to learn how the magic revolution of Mephedrone 4-MMC can help! http://www.4-mmcshop.co.uk/images/4-mmc_meow.jpg (http://tinyurl.com/topmeph)Developed only 2 years ago this product is a plant feeder with a secret nutritional formula which makes your plants thrive.I tried a few differnet online shops that sell via mail order.Prices start at 11.95 Pounds (enough to feed 4 large plants) & FREE POSTAGE AND PACKING & signed deliveryYour order gets sent the same day if ordered before 3pm.

fanny
05-11-2010, 02:26 AM

hie i also have the same problem i removed my battery and now its no longer works can i have also a copy on email please my email add is fannyfkm@gmail.com

sparky58
07-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Can you tell me if you have a trip computer in Metric that would be suited to Australian Mitsubishi Triton 4wd ute GLXR Diesel 2.5lt ML 2010 MMCS also I have 2008 M/Y ML Triton and body workshp repair manuals on cd

Ivanof
10-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Guys im new on this forum and i was wondering if somebody has an English manual for mitsubishi grandis model 2003 for the MMc and its a touch screen
you contact me on dj.iva.nof@hotmail.com
Hopw you hear from you soon

SKYFERNET
10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi i need help getting a navigation cd for my galant exceed it came without one and in trinidad we simply don't get any. If anyone can please help me i would be thankful.

gavinveronica
10-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Do you know the part number of the CD you require, i will have the one you need, just helps to get the correct one.

SKYFERNET
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
All i know is the colour ,blue

Add your comment to this topic!