Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thinking of buying, Need info.

sseguin
08-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Vibe. I would like the AWD version as it already has all the options i'd like and it's Allwheel drive. Does it have good power and acceleration? How does it drive?

Would you recommend the AWD over FWD?

Any other info would be appricated.

D-Ice
09-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Well I may be able to help you out...

I rented one in FL. I rented it for 6 days.

04 Vibe.

Engine : 1.8L 130 hp I4
Sayings : Well the engine had pretty good get-up-&-go for a little 4cyl. On the highways the small engine is pretty lazy, but it handes very well with its Rack-&-Pinion steering.

interior : The interior was pretty comferable, the seats were supportive and nice looking... The audio system could have been better. back seat had alot of room. I liked the automatic lights, and the black on red dashboard...

Final Word. Take a Test Drive or rent one for a day or two to really do want you want with it :)

7T9Shark
09-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Bought one 18 months ago. My wife loves it, but I can't get used to the "upright" steering wheel position. I like them a little more horizontal. Tilt feature is a joke.

Interior room is great for such a seemingly small car. Actually, it is wider than my S-10 Blazer. Virtually no road noise at 70mph. Handles great. No quality gripes. Mileage a little disappointing, but maybe that's the trade off for having a peppy 4 cyl. Overall a good value and solid, VERY quiet ride. It must be very aerodynamic because the wind noise is noticeably absent.

Nevertheless, if you can rent one for a day, always a good idea before you buy.

cmhj2000
09-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Have an 05 base W/Auto. Love the car for running around town. It's ok on the interstate too if you're not into high speed racing.

I run mine on the interstate for an 18 hour trip from eastern PA to central Wis., 3 times a year. At 65 it gives me 35-38 MPG.

Fwd versus AWD would simply be whatever your geographic situation is. I drive in snow with a 2 WD and have no issues. Should mention I've drove in snow up in Alaska for years so that would be an advantage to me.

GTP Dad
09-30-2006, 07:27 PM
My son has an AWD. 2005 model purchased new. It has all the options including XM radio, (moon and tunes package). He likes it as do I. I have put quite a few miles on it due to several trips I have taken it on. Gets 34 mph on a trip. No issues mechanically in 24K miles. I think you will like it if you purchase one. Try one out first by renting one as the other members mentioned.

Add your comment to this topic!