Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Auto To Manual Conversion !!!!!

QuikShifter
08-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Ok, this might sound silly but its my silly question anyway. However, i dont want silly answers either :evillol: ! anyway, here goes; My boy has a 90 teg auto, and wants to convert to manual. he's traced a 95 civic EX 5speed with no motor and basically ready for scrapping. It still has the shift linkage and pedal assembly and all hydro lines intact. SO will these parts be of any use to him or what??? if yes, then well and good and will make a write-up of the whole process. If no, then what are your suggestions besides looking for a 5spd teg. basically, he's pulling the motor out for a rebuild and figures it prime time to do this while there's all the room. Let hear it guys, I know theres some fab-gurus up here??

94tegRS
08-13-2004, 04:24 PM
90 teg auto, why the hell did he get a 95 civic 5 speed for the donor, nothing will heolp, shift linkages are different, the tegs a cable clutch when they are 5 speed and the civics hydro, the civics tranny wont bolt ot the tegs engine. seriously the best option "IS" to look for a wrecked 5 speed 2nd gen integra, then you get the tranny, linkage, clutch, starter, wiring for clutch pedal and shit, pedals, and everything.

I got my civic as an auto and got the parts car which gave me my tranny/linkage/clutch/wiring/starter/pedals/slave/master/hard lines/etc... for 300 bucks. plus I had a spare engine and interior out of the deal.

silver bullet LS
09-11-2004, 08:16 PM
gosh an ECU,
Manual Trans.
Shift linkage
Shifter
Shiftboot
master cylinder
slave cylinder
clutch resorvoir
clutch lines
flywheel
flywheel cover
manual trans. mounts
manual guage cluster, and
clutch pedal
for three hundred, damn are u bullsh*ttin, or you got it through some friends hook up or the junk yard???

silver bullet LS
09-11-2004, 08:18 PM
tranny itself cost much more, WOWSER!! well if you still got that connect hit me up www.ceetboy@yahoo.com

94tegRS
09-13-2004, 11:17 AM
well, this girlk that lives around here wrecked her 94 LX sedan and she was trying to get 800 for it but it was for sale for a long time, a friend of mine knows her pretty good and talked to her about it and she said she really needed to get rid of it so he said he could sell it righgt then but only for 300 bucks and she said fine get it out of here. I had all that plus a good running engine, seats, window reg/motors, etc,etc,etc..... for 300.

just look in the recycler section of the paper or the free section in buy band sels. my neighbor across the street is constantly bringin home cras and trucks that were either free or under 100 bucks because the headgasket blew or they hit a pole, or the tranny went out,.... he got a nice old 200SX for 45 bucks and all it needed was an alignment and a starter. my dads work partner got an old chrysler aires wagon for 25 bucks, its ugly but prety clean, some old granny had it and here grandaughter missed a deer but hit a fence and broke the headlight and bent the fender to where the door hits it and thats it and she was gonna junkyard it and they were gonna give her 25 bucks for it so he said hed give her that and he got it. theres deals like this everywhere all the time.

silver bullet LS
09-15-2004, 05:56 AM
well thats a nice hook up. I wish i can get my ls to vtec, b18c5, and an lsd tranny under $2500. Maybe later on get a turbo.

Add your comment to this topic!