Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cannibalistic kill: Lancer Evolution run

2000LS1Z28
08-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Well I just sold my greddy type-s bov. The guy I sold it to was cool. He had a bone stock Lancer Evolution. I wanted to see what my car would do against a stock one, and he wanted to see the difference a piggyback system would make (I only have a HKS catback and a K&N drop in, other then the piggyback For those of you that don't know, I got rid of the dynoflash programming that was slowing my car down, and bought a Xede piggyback system. The car is also dynotuned). On to the race:
He got on it on Foothill (Apparently he doesn't know that Glendale Police Dept. frequents there). I decided, screw it, and got on it too. Didn't take long to pull him in. I caught up and passed him in about 3 seconds. He asked to go again. I guess he wanted to make sure it was in deed faster. He got on it on the freeway. I already had the car in 4th, anticipating his head start (I asked him to go first). After I heard his turbo spool, and him go ahead of me, I got on it. The results were sickening. I passed him going about 80-85, and continued to put buslengths on him until I reached 140 on the 210 freeway. He gave me a thumbs up afterwards. I think he'll buy Shiv's Xede now.

Neutrino
08-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Nice kill, plus as a bonus now you know for sure that the money was well spend on the xede.

I know the xede is quite easy to reprogram, have you tried your hand at it or are you playing safe and leaving it to the pros.

2000LS1Z28
08-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I had Shiv tune the car already. On his dyno dynamics dynonometer it put down 228 awhp (His dyno is notorious for low numbers, as is evidenced by his Evo putting down 440 whp at his facility, and 560 at another facility). Basically a stock Evo puts down about 200 awhp on his dyno, so i'm about 28 whp higher now :D

youngvr4
08-08-2004, 05:19 PM
nice gains

Neutrino
08-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I had Shiv tune the car already. On his dyno dynamics dynonometer it put down 228 awhp (His dyno is notorious for low numbers, as is evidenced by his Evo putting down 440 whp at his facility, and 560 at another facility). Basically a stock Evo puts down about 200 awhp on his dyno, so i'm about 28 whp higher now :D

wow nice you actually had shiv do a custom tuning. Cool did you catch any tricks from him?

2000LS1Z28
08-08-2004, 07:08 PM
I take back what I said about stock Evo's running 200 awhp, they only put down about 185 awhp, as can be seen in this thread http://www.vishnutuning.com/lancer.htm
Basically my gains are better then I thought.

Neutrino I didn't catch any tricks that Shiv does. He prefers his customers to be in the back, whilst he tunes their cars. I think I have a more useable curve due to the tune. I could be wrong though. I wonder what my car would have put down with the right gas (76 station, versus Shell) and less heat.

Ultimate X
08-08-2004, 07:32 PM
o cool u in la

maybe we'll race sometime on glenoaks or some shit eventhough i know youll win since im stock

2000LS1Z28
08-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Oh I know Glenoaks perfectly well. I think i'd have to give you a couple cars length head start, cause I just murdered a stock Evo badly, and I like my races to be fare. I think your car runs high to mid 14's, which isn't slow by any standards. It would be nice to meet you though. You should go to Matt's next Z meeting. It's always scheduled on the first Saturday of the next month. I'll be racing Matt and his buddy with the 300ZX TT. I'll also have race gas in my Evo.

Ultimate X
08-08-2004, 08:11 PM
sounds good

next time u guys hit the streets leave a pm or something

-The Stig-
08-08-2004, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that you'll be murdering much at the next meet.

TJ puts down 265whp with the 300zx, and he's very accustom to driving at around 150mph. It's a problem child car, so no promises it'll be good to go race. But, I'll deffinately let him know you're interested.

[friendly trash talk]
Me and the other hand, like I told you earlier. The Z will be done later this month. Which gives me, about two weeks of 'getting used to the new powerplant' time not good for me. But remember, a stock EVOVIII is around 3300lbs. My car is about 2300lbs, I'll be losing about 200lbs off the car after I'm done with the swap.

You're probably making around 340 net horsepower, which gives you a 9.7:1 power to weight ratio. My car should be making around 240-250 net horsepower, or about 200 gross horsepower (rwhp). That gives me a 8.75:1 power to weight ratio. See, you're roughly only making 100hp more than I am... but you weigh half a ton more. Ouch for you.

It's obvious, with AWD in your favor you'll get me out of the hole. That's a given, but topend pull... that'll be my territory. Plus, my car is currently geared for topend with a 3.54 axel ratio, coupled with the cars natural aerodynamics. Unlike that bright blue brick through air you call an EVOVIII.

See you in September... Bobby. :thefinger

[/friendly trash talk]

:lol:

2000LS1Z28
08-08-2004, 09:09 PM
It's on Matt, and besides, you do your fair share of trash talking. BTW you do know that there are different forms of dynos. On another dyno (AKA mustang dyno) my car would put down 270+ awhp. That's on 91 shit gas. I've already told you I have a 100 octane map, and I intend on using it at the next meet. Time will tell, and as usual, bullshit walks. Don't look at power to weight ratio as the underlying factor as to why a car should win. You mentioned gearing, but you also have to consider that a car is less affected by its mass as speeds progress. Hope to see you in the rear view mirror on a video shortly. :D

Ultimate X
08-08-2004, 09:16 PM
well actually im front wheel drive

and i think my car weighs 3,439 lbs

edit: hey man i just checked your site

huntington is a bit too far dogg id have to drive 37 miles to get there

u guys ever in hollywood or glendale let me know

2000LS1Z28
08-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm right by Glendale. We just go to Huntington Beach cause there's a meet there. Alot of cars show up too.

Ultimate X
08-08-2004, 10:11 PM
then ill see u there some timetry and look for my car

not many people drive a black 04 Soloara V6SLE plus mine's with navigation so itll narrow it down to pretty much me

2000LS1Z28
08-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Well the last place I wanna race is Glendale. Your city is overloaded with cops. I've already gotten two tickets from the local police officers around there.

Ultimate X
08-08-2004, 10:58 PM
im not glendale im hollywood

just prefer glendale streets

-The Stig-
08-09-2004, 02:33 AM
It's on Matt, and besides, you do your fair share of trash talking. BTW you do know that there are different forms of dynos. On another dyno (AKA mustang dyno) my car would put down 270+ awhp. That's on 91 shit gas. I've already told you I have a 100 octane map, and I intend on using it at the next meet. Time will tell, and as usual, bullshit walks. Don't look at power to weight ratio as the underlying factor as to why a car should win. You mentioned gearing, but you also have to consider that a car is less affected by its mass as speeds progress. Hope to see you in the rear view mirror on a video shortly. :D

Hehe, nah Bobby. I'm not gonna race you, like I told you on MSN. I'd only have the car back in my hands for like 15 days? So before I go out and race, I'd like to make sure all the bugs are worked out.

But we'll see... who knows. If anything, I'll try to setup the race between you and TJ.

Neutrino
08-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Neutrino I didn't catch any tricks that Shiv does. He prefers his customers to be in the back, whilst he tunes their cars. I think I have a more useable curve due to the tune. I could be wrong though. I wonder what my car would have put down with the right gas (76 station, versus Shell) and less heat.

When you tune is better, for the sake of safety, to tune with some heatsoak and so so gasoline. if you tune it for the best gas and with cool temp engine will go boom when good gas is not available or you get some nasty heat.

kittedb18bt
08-09-2004, 11:28 AM
sounds like you have some very nice gains, i am happy for you. keep up the good work and keep us updated.

emokid15
08-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Theres a gas station here in Phillips Ranch , Pomona they sell racing gas 100 i belive its expensive its like 5 bucks a gallon.

danno_SS
08-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Congrats on the cannibalistic kill. Buslengths huh?...PM me when you're up for a mildly-modded LS1. That would make for a real good run.:iceslolan

jeffs_GTP_sleeper
08-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Nice Kill.

I thought we were going to run. What ever happened to that? :rolleyes: :)

Can't you make a trip up to Sac? :biggrin:

Ultimate X
08-10-2004, 03:01 AM
ima be in sac for a day or 2 next week

2000LS1Z28
08-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Nice Kill.

I thought we were going to run. What ever happened to that?

Can't you make a trip up to Sac?
I'll be getting some track times soon. It kinda stinks that I can't run at Sacramento Dragway, cause the tracks around here suck. Carlsbad is being shut down. Thank you California government. Stupid politicians.

jeffs_GTP_sleeper
08-10-2004, 05:36 PM
I'll be getting some track times soon. It kinda stinks that I can't run at Sacramento Dragway, cause the tracks around here suck. Carlsbad is being shut down. Thank you California government. Stupid politicians.

Is Famoso ok? Have you raced there? I might be going down there later this month or next for a Socal-Norcal GP club gathering.

3000ways
08-11-2004, 11:52 AM
I take back what I said about stock Evo's running 200 awhp, they only put down about 185 awhp, as can be seen in this thread http://www.vishnutuning.com/lancer.htm
Basically my gains are better then I thought.

Know you probably knew this already, but some may not, but Vishnu Dyno reads way low.

2000LS1Z28
08-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah I know he reads low. He told me i'd dyno much higher at a different dyno. I just changed my spark plugs, and man they were fried. That could've held back a miniscule amount of juice. I just ordered a downpipe in preparation of Danno SS and I racing one another. I think i'm gonna win. This car is alot faster now. It hits triple digits in no time. I can't wait to run you Danno. I think that the loser should have to write the story on automotive forums.com, and ls1.com What do you think?

Add your comment to this topic!