Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help. i'm looking at buying a G35.

jfgranger
07-27-2004, 10:11 PM
I'm a newb, so please excuse any all to familar questions that I might ask...

1) When are the 05s scheduled to arrive at the Dealers (I'm in Omaha, Nebraska)? It sounded like October...

2) Is it possible to buy a G35 Sedan at invoice? It's almost August now, is it reasonable to expect that I'll be able to buy an '04 at invoice once the '05s comes out?

3) An Acura Dealer told me today that Infiniti is paying out "Cash to Dealer" incentives. Does anyone know if this is true?

4) How bad do the G35 RWDs handle in the snow? I do live in NE after all, and we get a fair amount of bad Winter weather.

5) Are there any suggestions, tips, or tricks when it comes to working with Infiniti Dealers?

Thanks in advance for your help...

94tegRS
07-27-2004, 11:17 PM
well, isnt the new g35 sedan available in AWD, why not get that one if your worried about the snow.

alfabet
08-01-2004, 11:10 AM
I am a vey recent purchaer of a G35 coupe (this past week I took delivery). I am very pleased with the car and my prior car was also a rear wheel drive BMW 540 / six speed. I wanted to comment on your concerns about rear wheel drive: Don't get too exercised about the rear wheel drive issue. I wanted a six speed or I might have considerred the sedan four wheel drive.

My experience in four wheel drive (wife's volvo and daughter's subaru) is that it is a very good feature and one that is valuable if you live in an area where snow/ice is more than occaisional in the winter. Here in S. Jersey, we have our share during the winter but it is not as bad as, say upstate New England. I don't know what it is like where you are but my experience is that tires are the most important issue regarding getting around in the snow/ice.

When I had the BMW I decided to purchase good tires for the winter. Ultimately I settled upon Nokian RW tires that are not like the usual "snow tire" that have tread with limited tire wear but are really unusually good handling M+S tires that are as good or better than dedicated snow tires. You can run them all year around and not notice any problem. If you are considering the rear wheel drive version or even if you buy the all wheel drive version. I highly recommend these tires. They may be tough to find in your area but you can get them at etires.com at a good price and have them shipped to your local garage for installation.

As for the 2005 models, I know that there will be upgrades in horsepower on both models but I too was told that the new models will not be in until October for the sedans and December for the coupes. Either that is true or all the dealers have the same "line". I found the best price for my coupe on the internet by soliciting three or four deales within a 50 mile radiius of my home. There are many in the Phiadelphia area so it was easier to do. I don't know if you have that luxury where you are. Of course if you don't care where you buy, and are willing to travel, distance isn't an issue. I have been impressed with the sales experience not having owned a Nissan product since I bought my 1978 280Z new! (Guess I am giving away the fact that I am ancient!) Having been through the BMW, Porsche dealership experience and having become tired of being almost literally robbed by them through their non warranty service scams, I needed a new vehicle with a factory warranty that I could live with especially with the first child starting college in three weeks. Well, that's my initial read on the Infiiniti, Good luck with your choice.

Add your comment to this topic!