NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

enzo@af
05-21-2001, 09:46 AM
Lotus has cut the M250, and it won't be produced. That sucks. What is Lotus doing? I mean, it took them this long to get the elise over here, and now they tease us with the 250? Jerks.

DVSNCYNIKL
05-21-2001, 10:08 AM
All in the name of progress! I'm not much of a Lotus man, but, that M250 was hella nice. I have a pic or had a pic of it. If I find it, I'll post it. My condolensces are with you enzo!:D

enzo@af
05-21-2001, 01:36 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/lotus/m250/m250.jpg (http://www.pistonheads.com/lotus/m250/m250-dead.htm)

DVSNCYNIKL
05-21-2001, 01:39 PM
Yep! That's the one I had!:D

enzo@af
05-21-2001, 01:44 PM
Apparantly Lotus still has plans to introduce a car in this market, but we'll have to wait for it...just not the right time for them, I guess.

I really liked the styling of this car, and I'd love to see them driving around, smoking all them damn boxters I see around, but I'm sure whatever car they do eventually come up with will still be a great looking performer.

DVSNCYNIKL
05-21-2001, 02:28 PM
Well, I'm a little partial.

http://www.supercars.net/SDBQ?y=2001&m=Mercedes-Benz%20Stillen&o=SMK

DVSNCYNIKL
05-21-2001, 02:34 PM
On a positive note, the M250 comes with 250bhp and at 2205lbs, it's not a slouch. So the V6 should move it quite nicely.

Adam
05-21-2001, 05:12 PM
? where did you get this info?:( i already had it on my site not under concept carz and everything

DVSNCYNIKL
05-21-2001, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Adam
? where did you get this info?:( i already had it on my site not under concept carz and everything

supercars.net, along with the other cars in this world.

Adam
05-22-2001, 03:53 PM
yeah, but i was the only guy who actually put it in the production car thingy, not in w/ the concepts... i jumped the gun:D

enzo@af
05-22-2001, 05:56 PM
Damn Lotus. That was such an awesome car. I guess if they are afraid of expanding, it's okay, but I really really really think it would have sold really well in the states.

enzo@af
05-22-2001, 09:30 PM
http://www.rx7club.com/ubb/cwmsmilies/cwm45.gif

johnny
05-23-2001, 01:56 AM
there, there, enzo.... It's not the end of the world... we still have the... wait..... that one's only sold in Japan... then there's the... wait... that one too.... damn! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Chris
09-10-2001, 04:02 PM
Apparently, Lotus has put a hold on it for 2 reasons, one of them skeptical.

First, the rumor one. Lotus seems healthy, but they recently layed off a whole lot of engineering staff, like maybe they dont have many projects for other companies, which is where they get there money. SO they may be poor, and not have enough to develop a new model. They are also retooling for the new Elise, which has reliability problems, which would suck cash.
2) They say that they need further refining for the US market (do we really need 6 airbags???). Most likely, though, its the reliability thing, if they dont get it right, their reputation is ruined, no more American market, no one wants LOTUS to be associated with their cars as it implies bad reliability.

Either one is valid, maybe its both, either way, IT BLOWS!!!!!^@^@^#$@^@$#^@$#%$#!%^@#% :mad:

Cbass
02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
So we have to wait! I can take it! Not like like I can afford one anyways! :crying:

Don't worry, soon we'll have TVR... and the new Skyline GTR, and a host of other great sports cars... hahaaha.. mwahaha... one by one, the pieces fall into place :evillaugh

Chris
03-02-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Cbass
one by one, the pieces fall into place :evillaugh

Yes, all going according to plan:bandit:

Cbass
03-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Ah, I see you are fellow enthuasiast of evil.

"Gentleman, to evil"
-Kamp Krusty organizer's toast

ZondaFreak02
06-24-2002, 11:40 AM
isn't the m250 in that ps2 game.. "Supercar Street Challenge"????

but that pic that was posted..ibet they could sell a ton of units if they put it in production for the us

jsb88
10-03-2002, 03:07 PM
Shame. All the cars I really, really, really want are always concepts that never get into production. Take the XK180. I was very interested in buying one of those, I phone them up, and they say NO! concept only. No market! I am a market!
After much begging and an offer on the prototype they didn't sell me anything excpet the 20 phone bill.

Chris
10-03-2002, 07:31 PM
Yeah, and the F-type was cancelled. The concept was so perfectly proportioned, and it was cancelled. too bad :-(

AnsisK
06-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Well, good news. I heard somewhere along the lines (I have my sources) that the next generation Esprit will be the M250 with the Esprit name. Yet it will definately change, the M250 will be great regardless of the motor. As for the car in Supercar Street challenge, that is another Lotus concept, but I had never seen it before, so I'm doubting it was any good. I remember that CAR magazine interviewed some guy from Lotus and they also did a feature on the M250 (it was on the cover along with an SLR and an MR2), and CAR magazine was DEAD sure that this car would have made it into production. Well, guess what happened, Lotus pulled out... What a shame. The best designed car ever created by mankind.

Oh, BTW, Supercar Street Challenge was one of the worst driving games I have ever played.

Add your comment to this topic!