Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ticket in WA

Jehu
07-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey Guys. I decided to go back to Bellingham from Spokane for the 4th, and was having a great patriotic weekend. I got to see a friend on Leave from the National Guard and all was fine and dandy.
Then the fun got crunched. :comprage1
On my way home I was driving Route 2 and my speedomiter died comming thru the pass. That was all good tilll I hit wheat land and there was no one out there, and nothing to gage my speed by. As I crested a hill and went down the other side I passed a Sherif. :cya: He didn't lock my speed in to the radar gun, and he was going in the opposite direction when he clocked me. Apparently I was going 86+ MPH in a 60 zone. That rings up to over $220. :slap: I'm gona go to court and try for a reduction.
Just wondered if anyone has any advice. :1zhelp:

oldbluecelica
07-17-2004, 03:26 AM
hope like hell the cop dosent show!

Jehu
07-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Fingers are crossed Mate. Lota prayers goin up for this one.

lamehonda
08-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Don't try to make the speedo excuse in front of the judge. He won't listen. do you not have a tach? Unless you drive a ferrari you should have been able to tell you were going too fast by engine noise/wind noise, so judge won't even listen to that

Good luck,
David

Triple8SoL
08-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Why not get a lawyer? I know of 3 good ones that have a good chance of getting the ticket dropped.

Jehu
08-17-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm not goin lawyer just cuz of the expence there. The ticket isn't in my area... my court apearence is in East Wenatchee. So I'd have to hook up with someone over there. Plus it's an informal hearing, and I had to say that I just wanted to explain the circumstances since my spedo wasn't working. It all goes down Aug 24th so I'll let yall know what happens.

Add your comment to this topic!