Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 mazda check engine light - HELP!!

jaiku12
07-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi Fellow mazda troubled souls!!

Since Ibouth this 97 mazda 626 i have had nothing but trouble!! 10 miles after i drove it away from the dealer (who did not give me any warranty) the check engine light came on..i took it to a dealer who checked and asked me to change the o2 sensors..then the belts..then the exhaust manifold..now i still have the engine light on!! Two days back..the car stalled many times and the engine died down on a couple of red lights but I managed to reach home..took it to a mechanic, he tinkered some thing ..the car has been running fine..except that whenever I start the ignition after the car has been idle and cold for a few hours..i get a (not atall) funny screeching noise,,can't describe the noise..this only comes on when the ignition is started after resting for atleast a few hours..once the car has been started and driven for a while subsequent starts don't create this noise..the light is still on..iam fed up..

Help!! HELP!! HELP!!

1995626es
08-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Wipe computer. Put on belt dressing.

AUTOUSA
01-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi Fellow mazda troubled souls!!

Since Ibouth this 97 mazda 626 i have had nothing but trouble!! 10 miles after i drove it away from the dealer (who did not give me any warranty) the check engine light came on..i took it to a dealer who checked and asked me to change the o2 sensors..then the belts..then the exhaust manifold..now i still have the engine light on!! Two days back..the car stalled many times and the engine died down on a couple of red lights but I managed to reach home..took it to a mechanic, he tinkered some thing ..the car has been running fine..except that whenever I start the ignition after the car has been idle and cold for a few hours..i get a (not atall) funny screeching noise,,can't describe the noise..this only comes on when the ignition is started after resting for atleast a few hours..once the car has been started and driven for a while subsequent starts don't create this noise..the light is still on..iam fed up..

Help!! HELP!! HELP!!
What did mechanic did to as I am having same symptoms?Thanks

Trigggl
01-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Have you tried to change the plugs/wires/cap? My 95 v6 runs rough when it warms up. I replaced the plugs with some platinum ones. The car runs a lot better now, though it still has problems. At least it doesn't jerk when I'm at a stop, now. I also replaced the PCV valve. I'm hoping that when I can afford to change the cap and wires, that the rest of the hesitation goes away.

AUTOUSA
01-30-2006, 09:39 AM
WELL I ACTUALLY DID THAT AND FOUND THAT PLUGS INSIDE MY ENGINE WERE FAIRLY NEW AND THEY WERE BOSCH PLATINUMS.I THINK THEY ARE NO GOOD FOR MAZDA CARS.:grinyes:

Trigggl
01-30-2006, 01:29 PM
WELL I ACTUALLY DID THAT AND FOUND THAT PLUGS INSIDE MY ENGINE WERE FAIRLY NEW AND THEY WERE BOSCH PLATINUMS.I THINK THEY ARE NO GOOD FOR MAZDA CARS.:grinyes:
That's weird. I was told the opposite. :screwy:

Add your comment to this topic!