Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bout to turn 16 and needs help

Telemain
06-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Well to make this as short as I can my older bro is gettin an Integra, and his friends are gettin a 3000 GT and a Eclipse. My friends are gettin a RSX, a Honda Accord, and Mitsubishi Galant, I want to get a Supra but I'm not sure if by then I'll even be able to afford this so I wanted to know wat car should I get to keep up wit their cars until I can save up to get the Supra.

mega man
06-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Dude, get a 240sx....fast, reliable and they look nice, RWD...But if u want an underestimated car, go for a nissan maxima...although i too am turning 16 and have never driven any of those cars, my friend has a maxima...those things may look like family cars...but they are damn fast...6.6seconds after u take off, you will be going 60mph...STOCK!!!...a few mods later you would be burning most other cars too....your friends cars have nothing on you in the first place too but still....its a nice car and is relatively cheap...It's what im definitely getting...it was between 240sx, prelude, integra or that and i have come to a decision that i want a maxima...and i recommend it for u too...

Telemain
07-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Yeah thnx for the advice I'm gonna look into the Maxima car but I'll probably fix it up then sell it eventually to get the Supra. Once again thnx for the advice.

mega man
07-01-2004, 11:17 AM
yea no problem buddy....oh and the maxima has some good aftermarket value

c.stratton04
07-01-2004, 11:24 AM
First off, what is your budget. I have been looking at all the options you have mentioned, and i think that for a 16 year old, the 240 is going to be the best deal. It has everything that mega-man mentioned and of course you can swap in a different engine or turbo the ka. The supra is an obviouse choice for a fast car, but is this realistic with your budget? The initial cost of the car will be a lot more than any of the other choices and the insurance will be very high. You could get the na supra and turbo it, but this will cost an additional 4 grand to do it right.

Going fast in a straight line isnt everything. A 240 with upgraded suspension will destroy a 3000gt in corners for a fraction of the cost. My advice is to look at your budget and research what cars have the most potential for what you want it to do.

Blazing Rice
07-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Why not buy a domestic, or do you want only imports? You don't have to follow everybody else... What do you intend to use the car for? Drag racing? Autocross? Do you want high speed or good handling, or a combination of both? Don't think that a Supra will come cheap, you're looking at $20,000 MINIMUM for workable vehicle in less than ideal shape.

c.stratton04
07-01-2004, 11:55 AM
There are deffinatly good domestics out there. The problem with the supra is that since only 11-12 thousand were made, and they are in such high demand, you are going to have to pay more than it is worth to get one. For example, edmunds.com says a 93 turbo is valued around 11.5 K, but the only ones you are going to find for that much are going to have a salvaged title or very high miles.
Another good car to think about is a 2nd generation mr2 turbo. My friend has a 91 and it is a very nice car. Good looking lines, 14.7 quarter mile stock, and with the mid-engine rwd, you can make that car handle amazingly. Plus they are relativly cheap but have higher miles because they are older.

kman10587
07-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Honestly, a Mustang 5.0 with $5000 in mods will destroy any of your friends' cars (except the Eclipse and the 3000GT, if they're the turbo AWD models). They're very reliable, they have tremendous aftermarket support, and they're cheap. If you gotta have an import, I completely understand, and in that case, you should get the first gen. 240SX and save up for an SR20DET swap. But if you just wanna have fun going stoplight to stoplight with your buddies, and you could care less what badge is on the hood of your car, get a Mustang 5.0.

c.stratton04
07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Or you could get a car that doesn't look like a box on wheels. haha. jk.

kman10587
07-01-2004, 01:57 PM
I don't think it looks too bad. Besides, function over form :P

Telemain
07-01-2004, 08:58 PM
well my budget right now is $1000-$5000 and I really want an import that stay with their cars. Plus I don't really like the way Mustangs look. Also wat is a SR20DET swap I'm new with cars so I have no idea wat it is.

Telemain
07-01-2004, 09:06 PM
I was also thinkin of gettin a Tiburon, or the Mustang u were talkin bout cause I just looked at it again and it is pretty nice when hooked up so I was thinkin of the possibilities.

c.stratton04
07-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Sorry buddy, but with the budget you are talking about, there is no way you can get a supra, na or turbo (well maybe a 2nd generation). the 240 sounds perfect for you. an sr20det is the jdm engine that came in the s13, s14, and s15 which you can swap pretty easily when you get more money.

Telemain
07-01-2004, 09:18 PM
no that's my budget for now not for ever thats why I was askin for a good car to get now until I can save up enough to get the Supra!?!?

Rushn_7
07-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah man my sis has a 96 maxima automatic but still that shit is fuckin fast. man i drove that thing and it picks up speed like crazzzzzzy. My brother has an 1989 maxima and my friend had a 94 maxima an they both were STOCK and BEAT the shit out a HOOKED up Eclipse, but it really depends on what you're lookin at, racing, luxery, or what see the maxima is like both of them in one.

For some parts go to STILLEN.com

c.stratton04
07-02-2004, 12:24 AM
i test drove an s2000 today, and wow........ i think i am going to buy one. they are amazing cars. I have been looking to either a na supra or an s2k and now i am convinced to get the s2k. it just handles amazingly and the 9k redline is sweet.

That was a little off-topic... You never mentioned how old you were. a maxima or 240 would be perfect untill you get more cash. i am driving my 90 accord untill i get the money for the s2k. im assuming you are 16, so sorry if you arnt, but the mentioned cars are great for learning on, reliable, good aftermarket, and the 240 is rwd... hehe.

Telemain
07-02-2004, 01:47 PM
well I am 16 and I think I'm gonna get the 240sx

aznxthuggie
07-03-2004, 08:10 PM
well I am 16 and I think I'm gonna get the 240sx

by the time you have enough money to get a supra.. you'll be old enough to know there are alternatives.. and just because you can get a supra doesn't mean you can make it really fast.. the money u throw into a supra may cost over a fraction of the cars cost.. also you dont need to follow the crowd.. just get a car taht suits your needs.. if you want to get a car that you can race all the time.. your going to be sorry when something messes up.. but if you get something practical.. and actually learn how to drive correctly.. you'll have better luck in the future

c.stratton04
07-04-2004, 01:56 AM
by the time you have enough money to get a supra.. you'll be old enough to know there are alternatives.. and just because you can get a supra doesn't mean you can make it really fast..

he is exactly right. i have about 17 grand saved up, and am looking at what car to buy. of course i considered the supra, but with it in high demand, and relatively low supply, all i could afford was an non-turbo. also i couldnt afford the insurance. now my goal is an s2k. it wont be as fast as the supra, but it handles amazingly, still decently fast (14.1 q-mile), and looks good. i think you are making the right choice with the 240.

dmbrisket 51
10-03-2004, 02:41 AM
keep it domestic, every one underestemates the cars from moter city anymore, if you break down in a jap your screwed, the costs to fix forign cars is outragous, and they are soo much more difficult to work on, just a belt can be a bi*ch

93_R/T_TT_Stealth
10-04-2004, 08:00 PM
First off, what is your budget. I have been looking at all the options you have mentioned, and i think that for a 16 year old, the 240 is going to be the best deal. It has everything that mega-man mentioned and of course you can swap in a different engine or turbo the ka. The supra is an obviouse choice for a fast car, but is this realistic with your budget? The initial cost of the car will be a lot more than any of the other choices and the insurance will be very high. You could get the na supra and turbo it, but this will cost an additional 4 grand to do it right.

Going fast in a straight line isnt everything. A 240 with upgraded suspension will destroy a 3000gt in corners for a fraction of the cost. My advice is to look at your budget and research what cars have the most potential for what you want it to do.

Nissan 240 sx 0-60 8.8 1/4 mile 16.5 thats almost 9 seconds till your at 60 mph a elderly could rape you with there brand new for tarus with a 24 valve DOHC ---- so that is sad - dont buy one

first off if u think a nissan 240 will blow-nor out handle a awd aws 3kgt or stealth you obviously have no clue what you talking about .... i infact own a 93 stealth r/t twin tubro all wheel drive&all wheel steering, comes stock with 320 hp to the ground 317 lb torque... an sticks the road like the painted lines... i have taken this car an pushed it harder than most people would prob. even think about - i can vouch that they will handle a 100 degree switch back s-turn at 120mph in damp conditions with out even squeeling the tires - i run bridge stone potenza directionals bout 265 a tire .... an if u took a 240 an do that stock you would end up in the woods about 200 feet if ur lucky enough not to hit the trees on your way in.... also for a first car have a rwd drivetran is not the way to go - regaurdless of what tires or wheels you have an suspension they loosen up on hard cornering especially in the wet, what i would get is a eagle talon or mitsu eclipse all wheel drive turbo 2. right there ya have your friends beat but prob. not your brothers (depending on there cars)beat with handling with a mid range grade of rubbers... the acura RSX type S does 0-60 in 6.1 1/4 mile in 14.7 with qt.mile speed of 95 but thats not the base RSX which seems what he has. the honda accord does 0-60 in 7 1/4 mile in 15.5 @ speed of 92 thats newer 2003 honda...an 2000 mitsu galant does 0-60 in 8.6 1/4 mile 16.6 @ speed of 88.... an eclipse turbo will bop out a 6.1 1/4 mile 14.9 an thats the front wheel drive a awd one will give you the avantage on the RSX cause they close but u will have a faster launch an be quicker through the gears with the love of knowing your car will handle alot better.... cause a twin turbo 3000gt does 0-60 in 4.3 1/4 mile in 13.5 @ 102 an that is the 300 hp model not one from the 2 years they made them with the 320 hp which i lost my drag script from when i ran other wise i woulda put that here, but the thing is with a turbo you can advance your car to be faster alot easier than a N/A engine....Go turbo awd or fwd - stay away from the rwd ya wont like it an not just cause its rwd doesnt mean ya can do better burn outs .... i have 3 other cars an for example one is a 91 daytona with the 3.0 in it 183 ci it will sit in spot barely moving just roasting the rubber if u dump the clutch at 4000 rpm an its fwd.... then i slam second an they continue to spin.... so rwd really has not much to say for its self.

Hope That Helps Ya Out

Happy Car Hunting Bud....

Laters

93_R/T_TT_Stealth
10-05-2004, 05:01 PM
an ya you can get a t03/t04 turbo an it will not cost 4 thousand dollars to have done those turbos are polished chrome an only cost $400 per turbo.... so in less than 1500 you can buy to an have them installed on a supra twin turbo charging it an not costing you 4k - your nuts if u pay that much for a turbo set up.....people always think turbos are so exspensive - which they are not if you look an find a company that does rail you with the price ..... so ya you can get a turbo @ 400 each if u get a n/a engine which is alot better than payin 2500-3500 on a single turbo that is equivelant..... if u want to know where to get those turbos just instant message me telemain

c.stratton04
10-05-2004, 11:20 PM
$400 for a t03/t04 huh? the whole setup for $1500? do you realize all that you need for a turbo setup? You are just spouting numbers with nothing to back up your answers. unless you are getting everything from a junkyard, it will cost more than 1500. Show me where you can get those turbos for $400 and i will shut up. untill then, stop talking out of your ass.

c.stratton04
10-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Nissan 240 sx 0-60 8.8 1/4 mile 16.5 thats almost 9 seconds till your at 60 mph a elderly could rape you with there brand new for tarus with a 24 valve DOHC ---- so that is sad - dont buy one

No one ever claimed that a stock 240 was fast. Do an sr swap or turbo the ka and then you will be "quick". still not faster than a 3000gt though, but you will be on your way. put some money in the suspension and It will be a very very nice beggining car. "The 240 had an incredibly balanced chassis that shared its multi-link rear suspension with the 300zx and Skyline." Sport Compact Car. So dont tell me that the 240 is a fucking piece of shit. Also, the fact that you own a 3000gt means that you are biased. I am unbiased and know the facts of each of the cars. Yes the 3000gt is a better sports car if all you are looking for is speed, but for a 16 year old the 240 is much much more practical. You have to agree with that.

Use periods (.) instead of elipses. it will make you sound smarter.

kman10587
10-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Agreed; if you're looking for straight-line speed, get a Camaro. The whole point of Japanese sports cars is balance and handling, and I'd hardly call the overweight, front-wheel-drive 3000GT SL a match for the 240SX in that department.

93_R/T_TT_Stealth
10-06-2004, 07:22 PM
the ("overweight") sl does 0-60 6.9 1/4 mile in 15.8 and the 240 sx does 0-60 8.8 1/4 mile 16.5 - as for the handling so me something that says car chasis that is made out of carbon fiber (Skyline) is on the 240sx with means nothing compared to the skyline for nissan. -an smart ass here is a site that sells the t03/t04 turbos u are really stupid - dont even argue with me now - there is some proof you can get those turbos for that - an dont bitch about the set up they are for - its cause they dont sell turbos for other than the honda set up but they are the price an the same turbo just the exhaust set up changes an they dont sell it for other than a honda- but other places do because we have boughten them from level 10 cause they had them sittin around so i got em .... So... sorry to say stratton your very wrong buddy go kill yourself kid. oh an do you even know what those turbos boost at ? if not you add another reason why ur stupid - u can guess an possibly get it right an possibly get it wrong - good odds for u ..

also i dont own a 3kgt - an i am not bias - i love cars - i am not bias toward my friends crx an my friends mustang or my other buddy's camaro just for some examples.... so quiet yourself kid

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1324

93_R/T_TT_Stealth
10-06-2004, 07:24 PM
now whats up? i showed you where you can get t/03 t/04 for $400 dollars now what ?

jmrev
10-06-2004, 07:54 PM
all of the cars you listed your friends own are all in different classes, i would opt for a old supra turbo(91)

c.stratton04
10-07-2004, 12:23 AM
This will be my last post because I am tired of arguing with you. First off, whats the deal with this?

i infact own a 93 stealth r/t twin tubro all wheel drive&all wheel steering,

also i dont own a 3kgt - an i am not bias - i love cars - i am not bias toward my friends crx an my friends mustang or my other buddy's camaro just for some examples.... so quiet yourself kid

common man, that makes no sense.

Secondly, I stand corrected on the price of the turbo. but, you still have to add in the price of exaust manifold, waste gate, BPV/BOV, actuators, boost controller, and depending on your application, lowering the compression, and upgrading the entire fuel system (injectors, pump, etc). I know that not all of that is needed for a basic setup, but it will still run over $1500.

What is with you calling me a kid, and then calling me names like "stupid". That sounds really childish for a 22 year old to me.

All that you did in your last post was call me stupid and gloat that you found the turbo for $400, yet you didn't bother to comment on anything that i said. Did you read that i said stock 240s arnt fast, that the 3000gt is a damn good dsm if you can afford it, but guess what? a kid will have trouble affording the car and insurance. Jesus, all i am saying is that 240s are a good option for fun, practial cars for kids.

And the t03/04 hybrids max psi varies with the compressor wheel side and turbine size and can be custom made for different applications.

kman10587
10-07-2004, 12:34 AM
240SX >>> 3000GT

It's all about the handling. If you want power out of a 240, turbo the KA and there you go, low 14's.

RandomTask
10-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Stratton, I'm taking over for you...

Ok, I've driven a turbo stealth, and a VR-4 3kGT

i can vouch that they will handle a 100 degree switch back s-turn at 120mph in damp conditions with out even squeeling the tires - i run bridge stone potenza directionals bout 265 a tire .... an if u took a 240 an do that stock you would end up in the woods about 200 feet if ur lucky enough not to hit the trees on your way in

Haha, a 100 degree switch turn over two miles. Seriously, you think because you've taken an on/offramp fast that your car is the shit? You argue that RWD loosens your rear end? Well AWD pushes through a turn like hell. 3kGt's and stealths are heavy cars. Wait wait wait, this part gets me too, DAMP conditions, and tires DON'T squeal. Wow, impressive, I mean, I leave a white cloud of rubber from my fiero when I get on it in damp (aka rainy) conditions. I would seriously like to see you run an auto-x event and watch your ass get handed to you. www.scca.org

Better yet, *News Flash* Mclaren, Ferrari, and BMW announced that their new breed of cars will be either FWD or AWD due to RWD being horrible for handling...

Come on man
You can set up ANY car to handle, they just have different characteristics when you start hitting that threshold...

FWD, Will push, but (if you have the power) you can get on the gas and the back end will follow out
AWD, Pushes, always has, the harder you get on it, the harder it pushes, it just has more grip out of the hole
RWD, Back end will want tend to walk out

BTW that turbo you showed:
Its just the HOUSING, you still have to get the spline shaft etc. waste gate etc. The reason you get NAMEBRAND turbos is for the fact of reliability/research and support. A namebrand is less likely to take a shit on you and destroying your motor... My friend has a shelby daytona (turbo). Dyno'd it out to 179Hp, 201 ft/lb torque. Thats a T3 turbo

www.turbonetics.com

This thought that a turbo is the answer for all horsepower needs its stupid. Spit all these 1/4 times off your head that you want, hell even all these turbo specs. But if you have a motor that can't handle it. (Throwing a turbo on stock motor does havok on the piston skirts) I'm not saying turbocharging is bad, far from it. Just this notion that you should just slap a turbo onto it is becoming sickening. My Fiero will blast any of those cars up there and I only have $6k into it (11.98ET)

Now I realize his maturity level, listing the 'burnout' factor of a car all while undermining himself.
then i slam second an they continue to spin
So, now you're saying you can't get your front wheel drive car to hook? or you can't drive, either or... Oh wait, hes also doing a 4krpm clutch dump, thats the smartest thing ever.

I personally OWN a 91 Eclipse GSX (Turbo All Wheel Drive) just dropped the motor into the machine shop to get some work done (punching it .040 over, shaving head, decking the block, balanced, taking out the balancing wheels, etc) I'm building for 350-375 HP. As of before, the thing pushed hard as hell through turns, I would imagine with the more HP its goign to amplify that problem. Hence why the car is only going to see the strip. I would take a clean 240 over my eclipse or a 3kgt.

Kick240
10-31-2004, 03:10 AM
hey i just want to say that 240SX is the a great car i bout one when i turned 14 i 16 now and i love my 240sx iv beat crx's and dx's hachtbacks and i want to if u can put a 300ZX twin t eng in a 240SX and what is the qt mile time for a 300ZX twin t is and if it is true that a 300ZXtwin t can beat a 911 t so if u can get back to me i would be very great full

sirsmiley
10-31-2004, 05:54 AM
Yeah thnx for the advice I'm gonna look into the Maxima car but I'll probably fix it up then sell it eventually to get the Supra. Once again thnx for the advice.

1) youve never driven and youre not even 16

2) Youre saving up for a supra?? Not trying to be offensive but you have to lose the Fast and Furious mentality...supras dont perform well considering their cost and also,well, cost a fortune for a decent one.

3) Take driving lessons and please dont just get a car and start ripping up and down the roads just because you have a car, the more I read about young drivers gonna race, the more I get scared of driving on my own highways (take it to the track!), and im only 23!

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
10-31-2004, 12:09 PM
This thread is so old i dont think he comes around here anymore. He first posted this on 6/30 its 10/31.Let this thread die everone.

93_R/T_TT_Stealth
11-21-2004, 02:00 AM
This will be my last post because I am tired of arguing with you. First off, whats the deal with this?

common man, that makes no sense.

Secondly, I stand corrected on the price of the turbo. but, you still have to add in the price of exaust manifold, waste gate, BPV/BOV, actuators, boost controller, and depending on your application, lowering the compression, and upgrading the entire fuel system (injectors, pump, etc). I know that not all of that is needed for a basic setup, but it will still run over $1500.

What is with you calling me a kid, and then calling me names like "stupid". That sounds really childish for a 22 year old to me.

All that you did in your last post was call me stupid and gloat that you found the turbo for $400, yet you didn't bother to comment on anything that i said. Did you read that i said stock 240s arnt fast, that the 3000gt is a damn good dsm if you can afford it, but guess what? a kid will have trouble affording the car and insurance. Jesus, all i am saying is that 240s are a good option for fun, practial cars for kids.

And the t03/04 hybrids max psi varies with the compressor wheel side and turbine size and can be custom made for different applications.

u can buy the whole kit on the site with a polished header no-less for 700 - just look more an ya would of seen it ... an it shows u a entire kit of what u just listed - all the material for $700 us dollars

well it seems we had gotten off a bad foot - i dont mean to offend anyone

93_R/T_TT_Stealth
11-21-2004, 02:08 AM
Stratton, I'm taking over for you...

Ok, I've driven a turbo stealth, and a VR-4 3kGT

i can vouch that they will handle a 100 degree switch back s-turn at 120mph in damp conditions with out even squeeling the tires - i run bridge stone potenza directionals bout 265 a tire .... an if u took a 240 an do that stock you would end up in the woods about 200 feet if ur lucky enough not to hit the trees on your way in

Haha, a 100 degree switch turn over two miles. Seriously, you think because you've taken an on/offramp fast that your car is the shit? You argue that RWD loosens your rear end? Well AWD pushes through a turn like hell. 3kGt's and stealths are heavy cars. Wait wait wait, this part gets me too, DAMP conditions, and tires DON'T squeal. Wow, impressive, I mean, I leave a white cloud of rubber from my fiero when I get on it in damp (aka rainy) conditions. I would seriously like to see you run an auto-x event and watch your ass get handed to you. www.scca.org
:nono:
Wow you think very highly of yourself there boss- what are u a car god? an congrats on ur fiero - i wouldnt own one of them bomb on wheels if someone handed me one for nothing... mid eng. rwd haha those cars walk all over the play just as the mr2's do - u can not be tryin to say that they have good handling - cause if you are - you have no clue . an i am not trashing rwd - i said they tend to suck worse than everything else... so go relax an stop acting like you invented the automobile ...
:rofl:
Better yet, *News Flash* Mclaren, Ferrari, and BMW announced that their new breed of cars will be either FWD or AWD due to RWD being horrible for handling...

Come on man
You can set up ANY car to handle, they just have different characteristics when you start hitting that threshold...

FWD, Will push, but (if you have the power) you can get on the gas and the back end will follow out
AWD, Pushes, always has, the harder you get on it, the harder it pushes, it just has more grip out of the hole
RWD, Back end will want tend to walk out

BTW that turbo you showed:
Its just the HOUSING, you still have to get the spline shaft etc. waste gate etc. The reason you get NAMEBRAND turbos is for the fact of reliability/research and support. A namebrand is less likely to take a shit on you and destroying your motor... My friend has a shelby daytona (turbo). Dyno'd it out to 179Hp, 201 ft/lb torque. Thats a T3 turbo

www.turbonetics.com

This thought that a turbo is the answer for all horsepower needs its stupid. Spit all these 1/4 times off your head that you want, hell even all these turbo specs. But if you have a motor that can't handle it. (Throwing a turbo on stock motor does havok on the piston skirts) I'm not saying turbocharging is bad, far from it. Just this notion that you should just slap a turbo onto it is becoming sickening. My Fiero will blast any of those cars up there and I only have $6k into it (11.98ET)

Now I realize his maturity level, listing the 'burnout' factor of a car all while undermining himself.
then i slam second an they continue to spin
So, now you're saying you can't get your front wheel drive car to hook? or you can't drive, either or... Oh wait, hes also doing a 4krpm clutch dump, thats the smartest thing ever.

I personally OWN a 91 Eclipse GSX (Turbo All Wheel Drive) just dropped the motor into the machine shop to get some work done (punching it .040 over, shaving head, decking the block, balanced, taking out the balancing wheels, etc) I'm building for 350-375 HP. As of before, the thing pushed hard as hell through turns, I would imagine with the more HP its goign to amplify that problem. Hence why the car is only going to see the strip. I would take a clean 240 over my eclipse or a 3kgt.

^^^ laff at u buddy

Kick240
11-25-2004, 03:25 AM
hey what the fuck u guys say that the 3000gt is so good i do thinx that it is so good like if u guys are 3000gt is faster than 240 ok it is but if u want to fuck nissan y dont u fuckin pricks try a nissan skyline and then talk shit about nissan i love my nissan and i dont like it when u asshole go and pick on the 240 all right u guys compared it to 3000gt y dont u just shut the fuck 240 is a good frist car

Kick240
11-25-2004, 03:29 AM
sirsmile u talkin to me

93_R/T_TT_Stealth
12-05-2004, 01:33 AM
ya the skyline gtr is a tight ride - now that would a be a awsome race against a 3k vr4 or a r/t tt - i was gonna import one of those 5 years ago - it was gonna cost 85k to get one shipped to the usa an make it street legal - they have to down tune them to allow them into the usa....after that they push 365 hp ..... i didnt think it was all worth it to buy something that was down tuned - it would be nice to own one though - sharp lookin whip

c.stratton04
12-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Stop talking out of your ass stealth. You have no idea what you are saying.
ya the skyline gtr is a tight ride - now that would a be a awsome race against a 3k vr4 or a r/t tt
1. GTR vs a vr4 is like a civic vs. a Z06. Not comparable.

- i was gonna import one of those 5 years ago -
2. Motorex, the ONLY, company that modifys GTRs for the US has only been doing this since January 2000. Were you one of the very first people to know about Motorex's services? (note: there is another company that works with motores to import skylines legaly, but I forgot their name.)

it was gonna cost 85k to get one shipped to the usa an make it street legal - they have to down tune them to allow them into the usa....after that they push 365 hp ..... i didnt think it was all worth it to buy something that was down tuned - it would be nice to own one though - sharp lookin whip
3. They do not have to "detune them" to allow them into the US. Yes emissions have to be delt with, but that will not significantly alter the horsepower. Finally, after being detuned, they push 365 hp? where the hell did you get that? I thought is was common knowledge that they push around 320 hp STOCK but since Japan has a laws on horsepower limits, they just say its 280hp. That is a far cry from 365 DETUNED.

Don't try to act cool by saying you were going to get a skyline. You just took 30 minutes of my time when I should be studying for finals.

dmbrisket 51
12-06-2004, 09:44 PM
omg i thought this thing had finally died! let it die! its an old thread, the kid dont even come around here ne more, your arguing with yourselves, do us a favor, settle the differences and let it die

Telemain
12-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Naw I've been comin here for a while just havent left n e replies because its interesting to see them argue like girls ova a 3000gt hittin turns and shit like dat

Add your comment to this topic!