Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SNOW and G35

sebounet611
06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm planing to buy a G35, there's a lot of deals actually for the RWD G35, but not the G35 X.
My question is :

Is there someone here that drove is G35 in snow or in winter condition 5ice, Sudge). How was it. Was it more difficult to drive than a FWD. All the VDC and anti skid system worked well or they gave you some troubles.

Sure i will put dome good winter tires.

Thank you for your opinion and help.

b18lsvtec
07-16-2004, 05:12 PM
The g35 is NOT a snow car. Even infiniti recommends people to buy snow tires because they wont be seeing much snow in there g35, although I am pretty sure the VDC system helps a bit. I heard the Blizzak tires were good snow performers. Hope that helped.

alfabet
08-01-2004, 12:16 PM
I just took delivery of a coupe and my plan is to buy 4 snows. I have previously used Nokian RW for my BMW and was very happy with them and expect to do the same for the new car.

G35XAndTrailBlazer
11-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Just look at Every Dealer. i heard they are horrible snow cars, and the AWD X is great with snow.

g35Batman
07-08-2005, 01:30 PM
The g35 is NOT a snow car. Even infiniti recommends people to buy snow tires because they wont be seeing much snow in there g35, although I am pretty sure the VDC system helps a bit. I heard the Blizzak tires were good snow performers. Hope that helped.

I beg to differ - I got my G35x in February of this year and drove through a couple of snow storms with much ease. The only time I had any slipping was when the street was literally one big sheet of ice - but unless your car is like a Bond vehicle and has spikes it will slide.

I must admit though that the "snow button" helped alot but also cut my throttle. The bottom line is though, it kept traction, which is what it is meant to do.

Overall, the G35 ISN'T meant for snow (dealers and drivers have said to me that with the slightest percipitation, you slide around like it's an ice skating rink) but the G35x IS made for snow.

Hope that helped sebounet.

EPVQ30
09-25-2005, 08:57 AM
that's terrible newz.. i am looking to get a 6mt within the next few months. now i'm going to have to think about this further.

mishmosh
10-04-2005, 10:53 PM
The problem with all season is that after a year, the tread really really sucks for winter but is plenty good for the other 3 seasons. For RWD, snow tires should be considered a must if you live in snowy climates. It's really pretty cost effective considering you get 3-5 winters out of a set of snow tires which will allow you to drive your other set for longer during the dry season. If it saves you out of just one ditch or fender bender, it's worth it! Anyone who has ever gone snow tires can never go back to just all season in the winter.

EPVQ30
10-06-2005, 12:39 AM
thanks for the input mishmosh, i am still really liking the g35 6mt sedan. there really is no other car i want in my price range. i think i will invest in a set of winter steels and suck it up for the winter season and enjoy some really aggressive threads for the other 3 seasons.

mishmosh
10-06-2005, 07:43 PM
BTW EP, I am coming from a Maxima too (1995). The main point is that at least with the upgraded brake hardware of the 05+ G35, you pretty much have to go with 17" rims and tires for your winter set which is kind of pricey. Expect to pay around $1k or more. But yeah, you will enjoy the other 3 season a lot more not being limited to all-seasons.

donnawanna
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I haven't driven my G35 in snow, but I bought four Blizzak tires from a local tire shop and they work great. The dealer wanted to charge me $1,000 total, but I got them from the local guy for $600.

Add your comment to this topic!