Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

paintjob

jimmyfunk
01-24-2002, 01:22 PM
there is a paint shop around here that paints cars (including door jams, excluding engine bay) for $1500. Is this a decent price? It comes with a lifetime guarantee for paint and labor. I've seen there work on a hood and body kit and it looked really nice. I just wanna get an idea what a good price is before i go get it painted. I'm looking at painting it baby blue or yellow, haven't decided yet. Any help?

SickLude
01-24-2002, 01:58 PM
its not a bad price, but just remember, you get what you pay for....:)

LX98Civic
01-24-2002, 07:25 PM
I got a $420 paint job from maaco on my tercel. You definitely get what you pay for. It was nice for THAT car, but never on my Civic!!

$1,500 should be a decent paint job. Lifetime warranty is also good as long as that place will be in business :flash:

Beyond Imagination
01-25-2002, 12:29 PM
Lifetime guarentee?? What's guarenteed??
If this shop is well known for their quality then I would guess that it's safe to have your car painted there ... Maaco paintjobs look good when it first gets painted but the paint doesn't last as long as other paint ... the quality of the Macco paint is cheaper than factory paint ...

-=Evol90Accord=-
01-26-2002, 03:38 AM
i got mine painted for 900. he originally quoted me 1900 but i did the prep work myself, so that knocked it down a bit. looks really clean too, except where i screwed up :p

just check some of the cars the shop has done. judge for yourself if they do a good job. 1500 for jams and all that is pretty decent

Add your comment to this topic!