Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Extended Warrantee

ndz282004
06-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Does anyone know what the cost on the Infiniti extended warrantee on the G35 would be for a 7 year/100,000 bumper to bumper with $0 deductible? I' looking for the Infiniti new car warantee extension.
Thanks

alfabet
08-01-2004, 11:23 AM
I just took delivery of a G35 coupe and the finance guy was on vacation when I did so I have yet to discuss this with the dealer. When I first was shopping the car, another deale quoted "about $1800" for the package. I haven't been given a price from my dealer. If you have and can let me know your experience I would appreciate it.

By the way and, for what it's worth, I would stay away from aftermarket warranties. I had a "plan" for my 99 BMW 540 that I bought privately several years ago that after the remaining factory warranty was over I would purchase an after market warranty from a company that had an 18 year track record and, from what I could tell, good financial condition. After laying out $2300 for a 6 year (from the date of purchase of the warranty) and 100K miles (total mileage) the company went bankrupt three weeks after my factory warranty expired and thereafter spent about $3K in repairs that would have been covered under this warranty. This was the reason I sold the BMW and wanted a new car with a factory warranty. I would hope that an extended warranty from the manufacturer would not present this problem!

ndz282004
08-02-2004, 09:58 AM
I deceided not to get the G35. I ended up with the M45. The car was for my wife, and she liked it better. And as this model is being revised shortly, the dealer was VERY willing to negotiate including the 7yr/100,000 mile $0 deductible warrantee. Got car and Infiniti warantee as a package for just a little over dealers car cost. Dont have specific numbers only because I refused to deal separattely.

I just took delivery of a G35 coupe and the finance guy was on vacation when I did so I have yet to discuss this with the dealer. When I first was shopping the car, another deale quoted "about $1800" for the package. I haven't been given a price from my dealer. If you have and can let me know your experience I would appreciate it.

By the way and, for what it's worth, I would stay away from aftermarket warranties. I had a "plan" for my 99 BMW 540 that I bought privately several years ago that after the remaining factory warranty was over I would purchase an after market warranty from a company that had an 18 year track record and, from what I could tell, good financial condition. After laying out $2300 for a 6 year (from the date of purchase of the warranty) and 100K miles (total mileage) the company went bankrupt three weeks after my factory warranty expired and thereafter spent about $3K in repairs that would have been covered under this warranty. This was the reason I sold the BMW and wanted a new car with a factory warranty. I would hope that an extended warranty from the manufacturer would not present this problem!

Add your comment to this topic!