Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Elipses

you
06-09-2004, 12:14 AM
I want to learn about elipses and how to use them. someone help me maybe? or direct me to where i may be helped?

I know bonzelite can help me....

Ra_15
06-09-2004, 05:51 AM
How about this:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/118193Trammel_Method.jpg

To use the Trammel method, basically on 3.15 keep points A and B on the two axis lines, then go around putting dots on part C, then join the dots together. It's a cheap and effective way of drawing elipses of any size.

asaenz
06-09-2004, 06:46 AM
I want to learn about elipses and how to use them. someone help me maybe? or direct me to where i may be helped?

I know bonzelite can help me....

Hi You,

We have two links in the tutorials skicky up top.

This is my fav.
http://www.drawthrough.com/tutorials/index.html

al

HighOctaneNOSUser
06-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Ya know what I do? I free hand em. I am too lazy to do all those steps. But at least you guys put the effort in to help people out. I will prolly go get some elipse templates later. Anywho I'm done talkin...

mike@af
06-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I plan on getting a load of ellipses at angles 10-80, but each one costs $6USD.

KustmAce
06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
I plan on getting a load of ellipses at angles 10-80, but each one costs $6USD.

Why not just learn how to draw them accurately? :screwy:

:p

mike@af
06-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Why not just learn how to draw them accurately? :screwy:

:p

Because I can buy them where I work...employee discount. Plus its some much quicker, and accurate when drawing deep dish rims.

HighOctaneNOSUser
06-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Lol always leads back to deep dish rims:P

KustmAce
06-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Because I can buy them where I work...employee discount. Plus its some much quicker, and accurate when drawing deep dish rims.

Thats not real drawing...Thats using a template.

:thumbsdow

SeCrEtMoDdEr
06-09-2004, 08:38 PM
:iagree:

it's still drawing, but i dont know, its "cheating" in my opinion

IMO

remember that, only IN MY OPINION

lemorris
06-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Thom Taylor and Steve Stanford are big time cheaters!

They even admit it in their books.

Most Automotive designers are cheaters too.

Tools are for dummies.

Computer illustrators aren't artist at all. It's all the programs they use.

LOLOLOLOL

Hey here's one:

If you don't grind your pigments by hand and mix them with natural elements, you cheat when you paint. If you buy those processed tubes of colors in markers or paints you have no right calling yourself an artist. As a matter of fact if you use a processed pencil instead of hand compressed charcoal dug from caves in ancient Mesopotamia.....

....I'm sure you get my point by now.

hahahahaha

oh here's a quick deal on using ellipses.

Your ellipse set will have a little dashed line on all sides of the oval. Line the horizontal side up with the axel on your car. This is called the minor axis.

For cartoon type illustrations pencil your lines in and then find the ellipse that best fits. It's ok to use a different degree for the rims as opposed to the actual tire. try it you might find a cool place to be.

If your ellipses don't have an inking edge stack one on top of another one before you ink and then you don't have to worry about ink creeping under the edge of your tool.

After using your tools for a while you will find that you can actually draw the shapes better. Your eye and hand become trained.

Practice.

-Lemorris

remember every tool an artist uses is just that a tool. The pencil isn't any more important than an eraser. A ruler doesn't make you a bad person, and curves and ellipses certainly do not hurt the level of professionalism you build into your work.

lemorris
06-09-2004, 08:59 PM
p.s. I really like you guys.

I spend more time sketching and drawing freehand because of my experience on this site.

To each his own.

SeCrEtMoDdEr
06-09-2004, 09:16 PM
yup, im convinced

i like you too

:naughty:

haha

lemorris
06-09-2004, 09:52 PM
LOL SeCrEtMoDdEr!

You're only second place funny though.

GTmike400 is still my dawg.