Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where not to buy used parts

MavrickMark
06-08-2004, 06:14 PM
I've recently had a bad experience with a company I found in the yellow pages while looking for a 3.8L supercharged drivetrain. The company is National Parts, LLC. also known on the web as ezfindparts.com. After receiving the drivetrain damaged, I tried unsuccessfully for 5 weeks to obtain the replacement parts they told me I could return the engine to the supplier then reneged on the deal. At this point i'm $2,900 in the hole not to mention the cost of having the engine returned by the carrier.

After I contacted the Better Business Bureau, I discovered the company had an unsatisfactory record, compiling 66 complaints,many unresolved not to mention a lawsuit. I've searched the BBB for other used parts companies, and have yet to find one with a track record which comes anywhere close to National Parts.

If there are any of you out there with outstanding claims against National, let me know as I am interested in filing a joint suit against the company.

The lesson learned; check the BBB before buying. My experience says don't bother with National Parts/EZFindParts.Com
Buyer beware

Doug Rodrigues
07-17-2004, 04:56 PM
The Better Business Bureau of any City is a worthless orginization that only functions to keep customers of their membership in the BBB happy. They have no enforcement powers. Any negative reports usually go to non-members of the BBB. Any member of the BBB rarely, if ever, gets a negative report even if they richly deserve it! Forget dealing with any BBB.

You should leave a report with the www.badbusinessbureau.com which is an internet service that puts your situation out to everyone on the internet.

Oldengineer
07-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Had the same problem with this outfit a couple years ago on some Honda parts. They shipped me the wrong parts. After I returned it to them, they wouldn't give me a credit on my charge card. I simply called the charge card company, explained the situation, and the credit card company went after them and got my money back for me.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Doug Rodrigues
07-24-2004, 10:48 PM
I agree. Filing a dispute with your credit card company before 60 days after the sale has the best chance of correcting your problem. Just remember that 60 days is the cut-off. For those advertisers who say, "90 day trial period," or whatever: What they are really saying is "give us 90 days to put the screws to you so it'll be too late to file a dispute with your credit card company."

bbhome
11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I would be happy to go into a law suite with you on this.I am now with out a truck becouse of it.

shipacardirect
09-13-2012, 06:44 AM
I was just thinking to buy parts for my car online but I have done many research online then I got spare parts with best price.

So if you are going to find an company online, you need to research more and if it is possbile, visit your local vendor for it.

Thanks,
Michael

Add your comment to this topic!