Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Maserati who?

i_rebel
05-11-2001, 11:21 AM
I don't know much about these cars . . . actually to say I know nothing at all might be an understatement.

I do know however, that I have never seen a Maserati that I liked . . .

Chris
05-11-2001, 11:42 AM
You don't like the 3200GT. They are owned by ferrari now, and are quite neat. I like them, adn the have a great history (the tipo 61 birdcage, what an awesome car!)

Heep
12-25-2001, 09:44 PM
My new dream car (for a few days anyways :rolleyes: ). 90's Maserati Ghibli Cup. RWD. 6-speed. 330 hp. Under 3000 lbs. 0-60: 5.2. 28 mpg. Useful as a daily driver, with looks and speed to kill.

http://www.maserati.org.au/images/MaseratiPhotos/ROAD_Cars/GhibliGT/GhibCup_burgfront1.jpg
http://www.maserati.org.au/images/MaseratiPhotos/ROAD_Cars/GhibliGT/Campan1.jpg

bugfighter
12-29-2001, 03:31 PM
I can't wait for when the Spider model comes to the US. There's room to compete in that market niche. Although I'd be concerned how they'd do the service without much of a service network in the US.

Chris
01-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Service is as near as your local ferrari dealer or exotic car dealer;)

Jimster
01-12-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Heep
My new dream car (for a few days anyways :rolleyes: ). 90's Maserati Ghibli Cup. RWD. 6-speed. 330 hp. Under 3000 lbs. 0-60: 5.2. 28 mpg. Useful as a daily driver, with looks and speed to kill.

http://www.maserati.org.au/images/MaseratiPhotos/ROAD_Cars/GhibliGT/GhibCup_burgfront1.jpg
http://www.maserati.org.au/images/MaseratiPhotos/ROAD_Cars/GhibliGT/Campan1.jpg

Thats the exact same car I saw advertised for NZ$27,000

Ando_Rules
06-17-2002, 06:56 PM
how could u not like any maseratis that u have seen i like almost all of them because they look so awsome and have great power and performence

Pennzoil GT-R
07-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by i_rebel
I don't know much about these cars . . . actually to say I know nothing at all might be an understatement.

you've obviously never seen one in the flesh then. if u had i would almost guarantee you would fall in love with it

My new dream car (for a few days anyways ). 90's Maserati Ghibli Cup. RWD. 6-speed. 330 hp. Under 3000 lbs. 0-60: 5.2. 28 mpg. Useful as a daily driver, with looks and speed to kill.

you failed to mention the 2.0 litre engine that makes the 330bhp!!! they got a reputation for being just a little unreliable!;) :D

i_rebel
07-25-2002, 09:58 PM
you've obviously never seen one in the flesh then. if u had i would almost guarantee you would fall in love with it

I've seen far too many, and honestly didn't like the styling of any of them. Most often, I'd see the convertible/coupe that resembled a Chrysler LeBaron (late '80's early '90's) . . .

Hideous . . .

Pennzoil GT-R
07-26-2002, 09:57 AM
i supppose they were a bit of a love it or hate it design

Chris
07-27-2002, 10:40 PM

I've seen far too many, and honestly didn't like the styling of any of them. Most often, I'd see the convertible/coupe that resembled a Chrysler LeBaron (late '80's early '90's) . . .

Hideous . . .

Ah, the Chrysler TC by Maserati That was a chrysler that got a hand from Maserati. And a damn good Chrysler it was!! Trust me, that is not a Maserati.
This is a Maserati!!
http://www.vigilanti.com/images/galbird.jpg

And here is the newest one, built to compete with XK8's and SL500's:
http://www.maseratinet.com/IMAGES/ian13262-0004.jpg

Pennzoil GT-R
07-28-2002, 04:15 AM
i didnt know until the other day that they had had so much trouble with the 3200GT. not meant to be too much better than the Maseratis of old for reliability

Chris
07-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Yeah, thank god Ferrari bought them out. But really, what can you expect from such a low-volume car maker, Toyota-reliability?? Its a wonder they even started!!!

Pennzoil GT-R
08-01-2002, 06:10 PM
i guess small volume manufacturers like Maserati, TVR, Pagani etc. arent too bothered about reliability. people dont buy them for that.

philoldsmobile
03-22-2003, 11:19 AM
I have been a long time Maserati luster..... after seeing the prices biturbo's (my fave) fetch on ebay and at classic car auctions, i will own one, they are really quite affordable....if you dont use it much.

i have a very soft spot for the biturbo, but also like the 80's Quattroporte (sp?) they always seem like a gangsters / villans car to me, especialy in black, with limo tint windows.

DrMaserati
06-11-2003, 04:53 AM

You obviously haven't been around long enough to remember the genuine Maseratis. If you have never seen one you liked, I'll bet you've never seen a Bora. IMO one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

JP

Jimster
06-11-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by DrMaserati

You obviously haven't been around long enough to remember the genuine Maseratis. If you have never seen one you liked, I'll bet you've never seen a Bora. IMO one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

JP

I wouldn't call it beautiful- but VERY adventurous nonetheless!!!!

Lady Laminator
04-08-2004, 04:45 PM

My fionce and i are almost finished completing a totally drastic conversion for a ghibli we have dragged the arches out redesigned the front and rear and put a wild new bonnet on it , its sitting on 19" stunning split rims and is about to go to be painted in house of kolor sunrise pearl it has a custom exauhst system with a straight through option or a more umm....uk road friendly lets not be caught being ilegal option at the flick of a switch...oh and a flamer kit...... we are considering putting lambo door hinges on it and some noz purge valves just to show off with , its been lowered and pampered with to a high class standard...

when it is out from the paint shop il take a few sneek photos of it and post them here and i garentee you will eat your words and become a devoted maserati fan ( as its not technically launched till the summer shows possibly may 1st Bristol )
it has been garenteed cover of three top magazines so far *brag*

(i have molded it and can make another one just for you ! as im sure you will want one when you see it!)
;)

feenix z
06-30-2004, 09:32 PM
When Maserati was Maserati, the cars were hot. But when Chrysler took over and started slapping the trident badge on the Le baron. Thank God Ferrari bought them and turned them back into respectable cars.

Larsson
01-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Maserati cars are really nice and inexpensive: I saw a 86 Biturbos (carb.) for less than $5000! But I m bit afraid of the reliability!
Does people have one here? Is it really unrealiable?

Pennzoil GT-R
01-15-2005, 08:21 AM
yes they are that unreliable, but it'll make you fall in love with it anyway

porscheguy9999
01-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Maserati's are quite cheap for being a psudo-Ferrari. I was at Ferrari/Maserati of Southern California (LA). There were 3 or 4 Maserati's in the showroom. I've seen only 2 around here (Minneapolis). But some guy who lives near me has a Coupe (I think thats the name). I saw it at the grocery store one day. Later that summer, I saw a Ferrari 360 Spyder (my dad's cousin has a 2001 360 Modena F1 coupe, which i've been in, so every time I see one, it's nothing new) has very close to there. For performance near that of the 360, the Coupe/Cabrio is quite a bargain. You could get two for the same price as the 360.

So anyways, they are great cars.

Add your comment to this topic!