Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nice, but pricey

Chris
05-11-2001, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't mind one for cruising, not for sporting. 380 000 for it, but you get tons of luxury (chassis flex, too, although its well damped) Anyone else like it (for what it is, not a sports car):confused:

gang$tarr
08-15-2001, 07:41 PM
i love it..... it's the king of all status symbols

Porsche
08-15-2001, 09:47 PM
I bet it comes with it's own Mechanic.

Jay!
08-15-2001, 09:52 PM
... And garage. Maybe some of its own road, too. :D :rolleyes:

Porsche
08-16-2001, 12:23 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!

gang$tarr
08-17-2001, 08:14 PM
hahah, it should!! I heard a whole bunch of stories about how Rolls-Royce have a life-time warranty, one of them was:

This man's 1970 Rolls-Royce broke down on the highway near chicago, he thought that it was an old car so it had to break down. He called Rolls-Royce and they sent a tow truck for it, and they told him that he would have it fixed by the next day. The man thought he would have to pay lots of money for getting it fixed and was thinking about the bill all night. The next day when he woke up the Rolls-Royce was parked in his drive way, with a letter and his keys in the mail slot saying "Rolls-Royce automobiles don't break down"

I don't remember where i read this but it was written by the daughter of the man

Chris
08-27-2001, 09:52 PM
It is possible.

The new Silver Seraphs are expected to go 1 million miles.
The first (I think) Silver ghost is still around and running.

Hudson
08-28-2001, 12:13 AM
It's a legend. It never happened.

I have a friend who has been researching these kinds of automotive legends and this one's one of the most commonly spread. It's not a true story.

gang$tarr
08-28-2001, 12:33 AM
i didn't think it was true, but it would be cool

Jay!
08-28-2001, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Hudson
It's a legend. It never happened.

I have a friend who has been researching these kinds of automotive legends and this one's one of the most commonly spread. It's not a true story. Hudson, please tell your friend to publish them. That'd make a good book. I'd pick one up. :)

Hudson
08-28-2001, 09:39 AM
Silver:

He's working on it. I don't have a publication date...but he is working toward that.

enginerd
10-01-2001, 01:26 PM
The first Silver Ghost went over 500,000 miles!

DVSNCYNIKL
10-01-2001, 01:31 PM
I would take one, but in the same token, I would take a Bentley over the Corniche.

gang$tarr
10-01-2001, 05:33 PM
yeah i think bentley's look way better than Rolls..... I'd take a Bentley Arnage.... all the colours look amazing on it :D so i don't care what color it is

tigerirons
12-08-2001, 11:45 AM
When I look at Rolls Royce's I always think that some hoodlum is going to come up and pull the hood ornament off. I mean something like that would probably go for a lot of money in the collector world...same this with Mercedes...except I've seen people strip them. They kinda just pop off. Lemme know what you think.

gang$tarr
12-09-2001, 09:54 PM
yeah... a rolls-royce hood ornament would be one hell of a prize

that would probably be like the best you can get for a guy that does that :D

Jimster
12-09-2001, 10:25 PM
But have you seen the terrible sound systems on the Corniche, even the radio in my Courier looks more expensive than the Corniches:mad:

Chris
12-10-2001, 12:57 PM
I highly doubt the radio sucks. Its an alpine unit, or BMW 7 series at the worst. It is capable of a veritable concerts on wheels.

DMC12
02-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by gang$tarr
hahah, it should!! I heard a whole bunch of stories about how Rolls-Royce have a life-time warranty...

From their Web site:

"Manufacturer Warranty

Basic: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi.
Drivetrain: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi.
Roadside: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi.
Rust: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi."

gang$tarr
02-27-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DMC12

From their Web site:

"Manufacturer Warranty

Basic: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi.
Drivetrain: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi.
Roadside: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi.
Rust: 3 yr. / Unlimited mi."

i know that.... they're called MYTHS

PLAYA_20
03-31-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy_11_cars
But have you seen the terrible sound systems on the Croniche, even the radio in my Courier looks more expensive than the Chroniches:mad:

I DONT KNOW WHAT U SMOKE BUT DAMN THERE IS NO WAY A ROLLS RADIO WOULD SUCK IT COSTS $360,000 I MAY UNDERSTAND IF U SAID ABOUT SPORTSCAR BUT ROLLS IS 100% LUXERY

AstonMartin
07-24-2002, 03:02 AM
I agree that the Bentley versions of the Rolls do have a certain look about them and one must take note that they are cheaper to purchase also.

The Bentley versions are said to be 'sporty' alternatives to the unmatched nobility the Rolls provides, yet still offing the measurable exclusivity!

Now that the two organisations have parted company, You will note that Bentley will start to produce cars that best suit their Heritage as ultimate sports cars! Something one really cannot wait to see!

As for Rolls, they are always going to be the ultimate in luxury!

However, if one would like the status of a Rolls Royce with another level of performance, then one would go for the Aston Martin!

Basically I see the future and it looks like this:

Rolls Royce - Ultimate status symbol (With no Rival!)

Bentley - Ultimate super car (With the likes of Ferrari as the Rival)

Aston Martin - Ultimate super and status car (Again, I do not see any competition for the Aston Martin!)

Lee

Ssom
08-03-2002, 02:05 AM
I struggle to see the appel of this car, it is so bloody ugly, give me a 550 Barchetta ANY day of the week :)

AstonMartin
08-05-2002, 02:35 AM
It’s not ugly! But if you do not like the look of this and you like the look of the 550 Barchetta, you'll be overwhelmed at the new 'return to Bentley Heritage' sports, no sorry, super car that’s currently being finalised! Looks, as you would expect from British car designer, exceptional! And has an unbelievable performance spec!

Having said that, give me ANY Bentley, past or present, ANY day of the week!

Also, give me any of the following over a 550 Barchetta ANY day:
Rolls Royce - Any type past or present
Aston Martin - Any type past or present
TVR - Any of the current range!

Aston Martin Man

Chris
08-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Anyone remember the Bentley Hunadaires (sp)??? Now we may get something like that. It had about 800hp. Now, who is feeling giddy:wave:

jsb88
11-07-2002, 01:07 PM
I would prefer Bentley to Rolls Royce, But only because I am my own chauffer. :D

jsb88
01-08-2003, 03:31 PM
That is a very clever idea!!! :)

endlesskev86
04-27-2003, 02:06 AM
i sat in one before.............
my uncle has one....not that speical

CarPassionist
02-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Who said that the radio sucks? :eek7: :screwy:
In Rolls-Royce you get what you pay :iceslolan
And if it is not good enough for you, when you order the car you can ask to have a sound sytem designed for your needs, as long as you can pay for it! :p :lol:

The last Corniche will be the last true Rolls-Royce! Interior, exterior and mechanical parts!

Expect the prices to go up intead of down :2cents:

kratefan
02-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Also, give me any of the following over a 550 Barchetta ANY day:
Rolls Royce - Any type past or present
Aston Martin - Any type past or present
TVR - Any of the current range!

Aston Martin Man
I agree except the TVR part. I'd love one, but you can't get them here in the US.

porscheguy9999
07-28-2004, 04:30 PM
I need pics! where can i get them?

seraph boy
11-22-2006, 11:03 AM
I got some brochures on them, they will be going on ebay soon, so if you would like them, htey will be on in about 2 weeks Friday.

Add your comment to this topic!