Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'04 prerunner lift kits / 6" ???

taconacho
05-18-2004, 12:58 AM
i own a '04 prerunner double cab. I want to idealy get up to 6" on a suspension lift using the fabtech 6" lift kit (only for 4x4.) Now my question is will it work or not. I've called numerous truck shops and a lil more than half say "yes it can be done." Now i dont know if thats true or not or how safe it will actually be for my 2wd. Im kind of skeptical because the people that say no it wont work, knows what they are talking about vs. the people that say yes, they just want to do it for the money. I basically want a 6" suspension (preferably fabtech kit) im trying to avoid using Trailmaster (6" kit for prerunners,) possibly a 2-3" performance body lift, on 33's (16.8) It's a daily driven car 70% on the freeway, im not really going hardcore offroading on this truck, its mainly for looks. Can anybody help me out here with any of your expert advice. please feel free to email me, i might not get to the message board too often....thank you fellow taco members!!!!

paulsterdotcom@yahoo.com
AIM me @ BLitZ03

horizontaco99
05-24-2004, 12:01 AM
YES!!! The 4WD/PreRunner have the same suspension and can be used on the PreRunner w/o any problems!! Later

taconacho
05-24-2004, 03:42 PM
thank you again horizontaco!!!

jason conaway
11-18-2004, 10:53 AM
fabtech says it wont work. i lifted my 03 prerunner.
tuff country 5" lift.tuff country does fit.

Add your comment to this topic!