Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

favorite band?

Pages : [1] 2

crapmaster4000
05-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Whats your guys' favorite bands? I know mine is probably switchfoot! Im curious to see all the different responses here. I dont care if you like country or even classical just as long as you respond, its all I care about!

deadlight
05-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Well, probably would have to say Incubus overall, but I'm big on Mudvayne, Spineshank, Blindside, and oh yeah! The Deadlights...

ViscousCircles
05-16-2004, 11:13 PM
inflames, killswitch engage, at the gates , a perfect circle, tool... just to name a few

Oz
05-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Not into bands. DJs :thumbsup:

MBTN
05-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Score another for In Flames. :)

Steel
05-16-2004, 11:51 PM
not another one...

Suislide
05-17-2004, 12:12 AM
favourite over-all would be Taking Back Sunday.

but i've got too many "also rans" and "also likes" to bother listing.

blindside.AMG
05-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Deftones
Glassjaw
Ill Nino
Spineshank
Linkin Park
Blindside

Plus many others but those really stand out in my mind. :smile:

jon@af
05-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Avenged Seven Fold

Toksin
05-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Radiohead.

Then there's The Mars Volta, The Black Seeds, Sublime, Aesop Rock, The Velvet Underground, The Streets, Incubus, The White Stripes, Salmonella Dub, Fat Freddy's Drop, Shapeshifter, Portishead, RATM, Rhombus, Led Zeppelin...

Too many to list, I'll be here all night.

Centric
05-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Incubus, The Pillows, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, New Found Glory

-Davo
05-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Metallica, Dream Theater, Hendrix, Doors, Iced Earth, Rammstein, Offspring (old skool), Pantera, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, RHCP, Steve Vai + Satch, Guns n Roses, Nevermore, and AC/DC just to name a few

Funkdoc
05-17-2004, 06:22 AM
In Flames definitely!!!!!!!!

Tip:If you like Children of Bodom,go grab the new Imperanon cd Stained.That band is just great,they use different kinds of vocals as clear vocals and female vocals,just great!

Bunta
05-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Captain Stubby and the Bucaneers

Jimster
05-17-2004, 06:37 AM
The Backstreet Boys

:rolleyes:

Jimmiz71
05-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters

zebrathree
05-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Abba.

George Michael.

Michael Jackson.

Ow!

SonyMobile
05-17-2004, 07:12 AM
AC/DC :smokin:

not really into rock or metal, im more of a country man...

EclipseRST
05-17-2004, 08:54 AM
The Backstreet Boys

they are so gay... N'Sync is so much better... :loser: :screwy:

IntegraBoy2003
05-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Trapt,

DigitalPhantom
05-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Less Than Jake
Reel Big Fish
Thrice
Coheed and Cambria
AFI
Catch 22
Jack Johnson

castback
05-17-2004, 12:13 PM
lol /\ someone likes ska!!

less than jake
and
Catch 22 are two of my favorite ska bands...

www.alkalinetrio.com (even if you don't like them check out this website..it is very well done!)

www.reggieandthefulleffects.com

taking back sunday

dropkick murphys

slickshoes

sidewalk slam

FireBball972
05-17-2004, 01:52 PM
still, everyone here is forgetting the greatest band of all time!!!

BLINK-182 :smokin: :iceslolan

Howielong
05-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Alot of old rock and roll. Mostly all the music in the pic. Im to lazy to name all of them plus then i can't spell alot of them. Yes there are more CD's in the house somewere and the same goes for DVD's.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/599000-599999/599628_14_full.jpg

TexasF355F1
05-17-2004, 02:51 PM
AIC, Poison The Well, Boy Sets Fire, The Beautiful Mistake, STP, GNR.

Has anyone heard the new band Velvet Revolver. It's got Scott Weiland and Slash! I believe they also Duffy from GNR as well as other members from STP.
Check out the site. Their sound is bad ass in my opinion. A little old rock/grunge/and new rock combined.
http://www.velvetrevolver.net/home/home.asp

gigglesnirt
05-17-2004, 02:57 PM
mine is system of a down!

btw anyone know what band it was that played in grip volume 4, it was in the first entro right wen you start the movie.

ViscousCircles
05-17-2004, 03:06 PM
lol /\ someone likes ska!!

less than jake
and
Catch 22 are two of my favorite ska bands...

www.alkalinetrio.com (even if you don't like them check out this website..it is very well done!)

www.reggieandthefulleffects.com

taking back sunday

dropkick murphys

slickshoes

sidewalk slam

ska eh? do you like voo-doo glow skulls...they rock!!!!!

also i used to like slick shoes (EP-rusty-burnout) joe nixon owns (im a drummer) but since then they have changed so much they suck now :rolleyes:

Jay!
05-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Radiohead.

Howielong
05-17-2004, 03:44 PM
AIC, Poison The Well, Boy Sets Fire, The Beautiful Mistake, STP, GNR.

Has anyone heard the new band Velvet Revolver. It's got Scott Weiland and Slash! I believe they also Duffy from GNR as well as other members from STP.
Check out the site. Their sound is bad ass in my opinion. A little old rock/grunge/and new rock combined.
http://www.velvetrevolver.net/home/home.asp

Velvet Revolver is good. I like the song out on the radio. Can't think of the name. Great band.

Suislide
05-17-2004, 03:48 PM
kudos, DigitalPhantom and castback. nice lists.

i just saw Thrice the other night, and wow...AMAZING show. it must've been the roughest mosh pit i've ever been in though. i got punched twice (nose and stomach), elbowed once in the jaw, headbanged my forehead into the back of another guy's head, kicked uncountable times, squashed by crowdsurfers (come up behind me with no warning) at least 20 times...but it was so much fun. one guy crowdsurfed over me and kicked me in the face, so when he passed by, i punched him square in the nuts and he fell off the crowd in pain. another guy tried to steal my shoe while i was crowdsurfing, so i kicked him right in the mouth with the shoe he was trying to steal. good times...

i'm going to the Blink 182 concert in 2 weeks...but i don't like them that much. the only reason i'm going is because my favourite band, Taking Back Sunday, is opening, along with another of my favourites, The Used.

mike@af
05-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Revis
Bush
Jars of Clay
Our Lady Peace
Incubus (the old stuff)
Taking Back Sunday
The Fire Theft
Lostprophets (most of the old stuff)
Coldplay
Cold
Soundgarden
Breaking Benjamin
Billy Talent
Thursday
and more...Im brain dead. Final exams hurt.

zebrathree
05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
MC Hammer too.

Soyo
05-17-2004, 09:58 PM
favourite over-all would be Taking Back Sunday.

but i've got too many "also rans" and "also likes" to bother listing.

WOOOO TAKING BACK SUNDAY!!!!!!!

gotta love 'em!

they had a concert about an hour away from me on sunday... ofcourse I'm poor and couldn't pay the 30 some bucks for it since huge band blink-182 was there.. blink has the most freaking expensive concerts!

then theres yellowcard, falling up, matchbook romance, thousand foot krutch, new found glory... I could go on all day about music, but I'll spare you :)

TheNotoriousMogg
05-17-2004, 10:16 PM
The Misfits

jcz1987
05-17-2004, 11:27 PM
To much for me to list but mine are

Nirvana
Foo Fighters
Nickleback
The Darkness
Maroon 5
Bob Marley
Jet
The Ataris

boingo82
05-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins
Ben Folds Five
Nine Inch Nails

Stuck back in '95 and don't care who knows it. :thefinger

TheNotoriousMogg
05-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins
Ben Folds Five
Nine Inch Nails

Stuck back in '95 and don't care who knows it. :thefinger

Your not kidding!

But Trent Reznor is still a genuis!! :D

-Davo
05-18-2004, 02:27 AM
I love old school greenday too! Dookie album rocked, then they were just shit from then onwards

Hendrix rules!

gigglesnirt
05-18-2004, 02:34 AM
hell ya hendrix rules, dude i have an origianl woodstock poster, i'll read off the list-

friday 15th
joan beaz
arlo guthrie
rishi havens
sly and the family
stone
tim harden
nick benes
sweetwater

saturday 16th
canned heat
creedence clearwater
grateful dead
janis joplin
jefferson airplane
santana
the who
jack harrison

sunday 17th
the band
jeff beck group
blood, sweat, and tears
joe cocker
crosby stills & nash
jimi hendrix
iron butterfly
ten years after
jonny winter

3 days of peace and music!

psychobadboy
05-18-2004, 02:36 AM
Rap:
pretty much anything west coast

Non-Rap:
Metallica
Linkin Park

Classical:
Chopin, Bach, Pachelbel, Beethoven, Mozart

pickle
05-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Kottonmouth Kings fa sho

B16 SiRII
05-18-2004, 12:48 PM
On the punk side, I'm with Mogg on THE MISFITS!!
But as of right now, I've been listening to The Bled alot. Saw them live about a week ago...fucked up some stupid Emo kids in the pit. Didn't know what was coming I guess...

My favorite lyricists are: Sage Francis, Mr. Lif, and Buck 65.

Producers: El-P, Mad Lib, and MF DOOM ("ALL CAPS when ya spell tha man's name!")
[EDIT] Damn, somebody actually likes Billy Talent, I thought I was the only one.

Suislide
05-18-2004, 03:59 PM
[EDIT] Damn, somebody actually likes Billy Talent, I thought I was the only one.

i like 'em too, especially since they're local.

slave
05-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Placebo, old school spiderbait, underworld. I dunnnoooo, lots.

castback
05-18-2004, 06:30 PM
The Misfits

YEAH!!!! its sad to see that music has went from the misfits and dead kennedys to avril lavinge (sp?) and blink 182

Soyo
05-18-2004, 06:49 PM
thats just mtv... who needs mtv anywas?

pickle
05-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Placebo, old school spiderbait, underworld. I dunnnoooo, lots.

You like all the crap stuff. Why didn't you just write 'My favourite band SUCKS!' ;)

mike@af
05-18-2004, 07:57 PM
You like all the crap stuff. Why didn't you just write 'My favourite band SUCKS!' ;)

Ouch...I can feel the burn from that one.

castback
05-18-2004, 09:50 PM
thats just mtv... who needs mtv anywas?

lol...thats isss right. i don't even have the radio in my car hooked up. just the cd player.

doesn't mtv stand for M.usic T.ele V.ision.......not road rules, real world, pimp my ride...ect

jon@af
05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Dude, MTV hasn't stood for Music TeleVision for a good 10 years. Why do you think they have MTV2 and such? If you want music, it's FUSE TV (not sure if anyone else gets this). They have EVERYTHING music on there.

Anywho, has anyone ever heard of Lucky Boys Confusion? If you are in the states, go out and buy the album "Committment" it's WELL worth the money.

eversio11
05-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Probably Coheed & Cambria

followed by The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, Northstar, The Blood Brothers, Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, The Strokes, Straylight Run, The Kite-Eating Tree, Still Life, Converge, As I Lay Dying, and Glassjaw

MagicRat
05-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Lots of good 60's and 80's stuff. The even numbered decades rule!
CCR
Buffalo Springfield (and Neil Young, for that matter)
Hendrix.
New Order
Depeche Mode
Dire Straits
Billy Bragg
Springsteen
The Cure
Coldplay
Oasis
U2
Joy Division
Rush
Kraftwerk
Martha and the Muffins
FM
Blue Rodeo
Dick Dale (King of the Surf Guitar!)
The Texas Tornado
and....Petula Clark!!

Suislide
05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Probably Coheed & Cambria

Coheed is definitley in my top 10.

especially once you hear the background of them.

if you're a Coheed fan, then you'll notice that every album title has a number in it. so far, we have "The SECOND Stage Turbine Blade" and "In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: THREE".

the next one out will have a 4 in it somehow, followed by the first one (number 1 in the title somehow).

it turns out that each CD is in fact a volume in a sci-fi story written by the lead singer, Claudio. it's a post-apocolyptic tale about two lovers (named Coheed and Cambria...hence the name) and the trials and tribulations they go through. each song is basically a chapter.

i already liked C&C before, but once i read this about them, it just made them 10 times cooler and made me appreciate them that much more. i mean, you have a regular "punk" band (like Simple Plan or Good Charlotte) who'll sing about hate for their dad or high school sweethearts....and then you have this. a band who centres every single song around a story. it's insane.

the coolest part is: once the final album is released, the entire tale will be released in book form. and, if they decide to, C&C will start another tale.

Soyo
05-18-2004, 10:45 PM
I love fuse tv

also I love steel roots tv... not sure how many people get this, and I don't know if its even an all day thing, but they play music at certain times during the day...

its a christian music station really, but it doesn't matter if your a christian or not, the music is awesome, and it has all sorts of music, sorry no boy bands though :) anyways, its like channel 49 on cox cable in kansas and is on at like 3:30 or 4(not sure if its on any other times) if that helps anyone, but even if you don't like christian music you should check it out, I bet you'll like it anyways.

oh by the way, if anyone feels like hearing about an awesome new band check out Falling Up. I saw them in concert just over a month ago, it was the best show I've ever seen, and they are amazing, plus the lead guitarist is 17 and graduated school early to go on tour with the band, hes freaking good... anyways just incase someone wants to here about some new stuff there it is

B16 SiRII
05-18-2004, 10:48 PM
That sounds really dope...do they sound like any other bands? Any particular influences? I'll have to listen to them...which album would you recommend as a first time listen?

I agree with this too: The Mars Volta & At The Drive-In are incredible (how could I have left them out!). I don't know about Sparta though, not really diggin that spin off.

castback
05-18-2004, 11:56 PM
hey soyo! i noticed that you lived in topika (i live next to lee's summit, mo if you know where that is). are you going to the vans warped tour this summer. i think that it is in bonner springs like last year.

last year i went and it was the best thing ive ever seen...
it was like dropkick murphys on one stage then after they are done less than jake one the other!!! it was awesome!!! non-stop music all day. and most of the bands weren't just local bands. i remember afi. slickshoes. dropkick murphys. less than jake. the used. sugar cult. andrew w. k. the ataris. rancid....and a lot more....it ROCKED!!!

Soyo
05-19-2004, 12:26 AM
That sounds really dope...do they sound like any other bands? Any particular influences? I'll have to listen to them...which album would you recommend as a first time listen?

I'm not sure anyone knows who this is directed to... help us out and let us know who your asking and what your asking about :)

Soyo
05-19-2004, 12:31 AM
hey soyo! i noticed that you lived in topika (i live next to lee's summit, mo if you know where that is). are you going to the vans warped tour this summer. i think that it is in bonner springs like last year.

last year i went and it was the best thing ive ever seen...
it was like dropkick murphys on one stage then after they are done less than jake one the other!!! it was awesome!!! non-stop music all day. and most of the bands weren't just local bands. i remember afi. slickshoes. dropkick murphys. less than jake. the used. sugar cult. andrew w. k. the ataris. rancid....and a lot more....it ROCKED!!!

I was planning on going but I'm gonna be in illinois the week its here, my cousin has gone the last 2 years though and hes going this year, oh and I love sugarcult, he heard them 2 years ago at warped tour, got their demo cd then me and him were all into them forever then they just kind of blew up recently, its crazy, I'm glad they are finally getting good recognition though. a bunch of good bands aren't coming to KC this year though(yellowcard, taking back sunday, etc. won't be in KC), but it should be pretty good

castback
05-19-2004, 12:47 AM
yea sugar cult is good. maybe to "poppy" for me but still good. last year at warped tour there were two main stages and when they were playing the other band was setting up on the other stage (forgot what band it was) and there ware a lot of people over there just standing waiting for that other band and it really pissed him off. he told the whole crowed to go over there are start moshing with them all. it was awesome because 100 just ran over then screaming :icon16:

slave
05-19-2004, 12:53 AM

I didnt want to offend you seeing as YOU own their cd. ;)

Add your comment to this topic!