Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

G35 auto transmission problem

paulwla
05-04-2004, 07:05 PM
The transmission on my 2003 coupe jumps or pauses for a split second. I have taken it in 3 times. The service department claims to have done extensive testing under the direction of Infiniti engineers. They tell me this is a "normal" characteristic of the car. "The computer is trying to decide whether to be in 4th or 5th gear."

One of their mechanics told me his car does it worse. The loaner G35 sedan does it too.

Am I expecting too much from a $35k car? Has anyone solved this problem, and if so, what complaint route did you use?

aj52596
03-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I have a similar problem. Whenever I am cruising between 40-60mph and the transmission has not shifted into 5th gear yet, when it decides it's going to shift it thugs into 5th. This only happens when I am cruising along. If I am accelerating quickly, it shifts smooth. I have taken it in 3 times as well, but they say they can't get it to do it. The loaner G35 did it as well. Have you found a solution to yours yet?

rclatter
08-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Yeah, mine did it as well. I took it in twice and the techs said the transmission is set up to learn how you drive the car and that's the problem. He reset the computer so it could relearn how I drive. It still does it - I'm starting to get mad. It's really just an annoyance. I don't know about others but I don't like how the auto shifts. It shifts at higher rpms than it should for max acceleration. Wish I had gotten the manual afterall.

HwyDrftr
08-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Yeah, mine did it as well. I took it in twice and the techs said the transmission is set up to learn how you drive the car and that's the problem. He reset the computer so it could relearn how I drive. It still does it - I'm starting to get mad. It's really just an annoyance. I don't know about others but I don't like how the auto shifts. It shifts at higher rpms than it should for max acceleration. Wish I had gotten the manual afterall.

Maybe try reseting it again and learn how to drive it? Mine shifts very solidly and smoothly, almost as well as if I was driving a stick. It was a little whacked after a weekend on the track, the vdc would just shut off whenever I punched it it :naughty: , but after a week of semi normal driving the tranny shifts like a dream ever since and the vdc is back to normal. The leaning systems works excellent IMHO.

ByThaBay
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I recommend you guys add a magnefine in-line automatic transmission filter to help prolong the life of your transmission.. maybe it will keep your trans in optimal working order by keeping the fluid clean.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/gsedan/projects/infiniti_g35_magnefine_transmission_filter_install ation.htm

Add your comment to this topic!