Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Plymouth Acclaim V6

McCarthy, Patrick
05-03-2004, 09:35 AM
I have a Plymouth Acclaim V6 with 213k miles and for the last few day when I go to start the car first thing in the morning it want to stalled like it is not getting enough gas. I have to press on the gas pedal in order to keep the car running. If I turn the car off during the day the and try to turning it back on it had difficult time starting but once it running it runs fine. Before I had all this trouble the car normally start four of five turns of the engine with out touching the gas peddle. I replace all the ignition wires a year ago. A few weeks ago I replace distribute cap and rotary arm and also replace fuel filter. Has any one else who acclaim experience the same problems that I am experience. Any suggestion or recommendation will be grate help.

head_creeps
05-21-2004, 08:56 PM
I have that problem too. I think it's just the filter on mine, since the rotor and distributer and plugs are all new. I'm having it checked out on tuesday, and I'll get back to you with my results. Maybe my solution can fix your problem.

head_creeps
05-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Just got the car back today. My mechanic said the engine was gummed up with carbon, or something. It's just a natural buildup of gunk. Cost me $25 to clean it out. He said the problem was solved. We'll see after I drive it around. But it has had 12 years to accumulate crud, so I suppose it would be clogged. Hope that helps you.

Add your comment to this topic!