Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Transmission Problems

hookette
04-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Anyone know of anything wrong with the 2003 Santa Fe transmission? Mine has about 9000 miles on it and it keeps slipping. Not sure what's going on with it.

Thanks

matt919
04-26-2004, 12:32 AM
My mom has a 2002.. and just over 30,000miles... and it seems like its acting up.. like its not shifting properly.. just got the 30k service done, and no problems were found.. so we are just going to let it play out a bit.

C-DUBYA
04-26-2004, 05:16 PM
You have one of the greatest warranties on the planet, if it is a problem it is covered, just let your dealership know.

springbride2004
06-01-2004, 11:47 AM
I had the same problem with my 2002.
the problem was with the cylindar-message wasnt sending to have it shift. Had to take it in 3 times before they finally got it right...
now I am dealing with an accelerator problem-
got stuck last week, and I am lucky I didnt get into an accident and seriously injure someone. Had to turn my car off in order for it to stop-emergency brake and brakes wouldnt stop it.
they say it was a problem with the wiring in the cruise control that caused it to be stuck on accelerate!
I just want rid of the dang car-dont feel safe with it anymore and have had nothing but problems

andrew348
06-04-2004, 09:41 PM
if it is a 2.7l santa fe there is a new reflash that improves shift feel and adapative learn of tcu reflash # 40

twospirits
06-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Do you have AWD, cause I believe I saw a TSB about having to replace the AWD control module (under the drivers seat area) that can cause a bump and or a slip feel. Maybe thats it. I'll see if I can dig up the TSB unless one of the other member can.

matt919
06-16-2004, 02:38 AM
I've felt when drivng the santa fe, that it has hesitation both upshifting, and especially downshifting. Also, the car is just over 33,000.. and shortly will be on its SIXTH set of brakes. The first went around 6k, then we had ones put on at a private garage, which lasted till 15k, then the rest put on from a Hyundai Dealer. That went at 20k, 26k and now 33k.

twospirits
06-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Thats really strange about your brakes, I have close to 19K on mine and the are the original ones that came with the vehicle. In fact on my last inspection the report slip shows I still had 60 percent in rear and 40 percent in front. I guess it could be the pads that the Dealership is using (but I thought they all use the same one) or it could be your moms driving habit. (Too many stop and go traffic)
As for the hesitation, I would take it in and see what the service department says. If you are not happy with their service then take it to another hyundai service center.
TS out

matt919
06-17-2004, 04:41 AM
My mom hasn't had a problem with brakes until this vehicle, and being that the only set we had put on outside of a hyundai dealer lasted the longest, i've concluded its the pads the dealer is using. we haven't had to pay for any of the brakes though, so that was a plus.

twospirits
06-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Being that they were latest longer when buying them elsewhere I would think it would be the pads also. When you/your mom bought the pads from the dealership was it the same dealership or different dealerships. I'm wondering if its just one place thats has that problem or all. Lets us know.
TS out

matt919
06-17-2004, 05:11 PM
same dealer. Theres only two local Hyundai dealers, but one is really close.. the other is about 25min away, so we take it to the close one, Motorworld Hyundai in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. She knows one or two people who have Sonatas, and have been going through brakes often, not sure if they take it to this dealer or not.

Add your comment to this topic!