Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 CR-V copycat of Ford Escape, damn!

Euro19
01-12-2002, 11:05 PM
It seems Honda couldnīt come up with a better idea of aspiring the success of the Escape by imitating its style and proportions.
Example; A Rav4 is not the same size of the Santa Fe for instance.style :mad:

Spunkymonkey
01-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Very similar....also think the front of the CRV looks similar to a subaru outback

civicx_xracer
01-30-2002, 04:38 PM
oooh, oooh, I know!! They have different rims:rolleyes:

90CRXZCSi
01-31-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by civicx_xracer
oooh, oooh, I know!! They have different rims:rolleyes:

oh yeah and the taillights are different!! :rolleyes: :D

89ssgti
02-05-2002, 12:55 AM
headlights too,but they look pretty much the same indeed.
first they copied the Focus and now the Escape:rolleyes:

Euro19
02-11-2002, 07:13 PM
I have allready seen both on the road (here itīs called Ford Maverick) and even though the huge similarity I have to say the CR-V has #1 quality and design in itīs interior and the exterior seen front the front or from the rear specially looks athletic compared to the Volvo- wannabe 2002 CR-V! I like much better the previous CR-V. I donīt whatīs going on with Honda, first the Accord coupe, then the Civic and now this? What would be next... :confused:

89ssgti
03-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Euro19
I donīt whatīs going on with Honda, first the Accord coupe, then the Civic and now this? What would be next... :confused:
if you have the Car & Driver of this month,there's an Acura prototype with Focus hatch looking rear lights:)

LiuBei
03-14-2002, 06:50 PM
They may look similiar, but yet the Honda is far better. More room, better effiency, hell the 4cyl Honda is faster than a 6cyl Escape. Honda is bulletproof, Ford...no proof to claim to be better.

ivtec
03-26-2002, 07:23 PM
I would take the CR-V over the Escape ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday! You can't even compare the two vehicles!

BTW...this was my first post. WOO HOO! :)

Euro19
03-27-2002, 11:02 AM
Yeah I would NEVER compare the Escape with that ugly silly thing, shame it claims to be an SUV. Its just damn ugly and under powered.

LiuBei
03-27-2002, 04:19 PM
No power, but STILL FASTER! Hell Euro you are from EUROPE, I thought speed was a big thing with most automakers over there. Look at the CRV, soo much more room, soo much better gas mileage, and quality... HA! Honda can and will always kick the crap out of Ford and soo many others in that department. C'mon now look at Honda, 99.927% of the time when they come out with a new model it is to smash the competition. And look at the Ford Escape for example it came out the last year of the old CRV's. It may have been better then, but their reign only lasted a year. I suggest getting a box of Kleenex and quit crying because Ford cannot outdo Honda.

MARKUSIUDIUS
11-30-2002, 12:02 AM
Front and back bumpers, Front and rear lights, wheel arches, door trims and handles, rear and side glass, not to mention the shape. These two are about as similar as a potatoe and a carrot. The Nissan X-trail is alot more silmilar to the honda although their engine is better. :flash:

Sheehan
01-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Oh oh! I spotted the difference! The CR-V looks ugly as all hell and the Escape looks awesome!

I am sorry, but I HATE the new CR-V. I was so mad when they changed the style to an ugly Escape/Tribute copycat.

Also, I know Honda could never out-do Ford, compared with Honda, Ford sucks. I just don't like the looks of the new CR-V, and I would take the Escape over it.

Deakins
01-09-2003, 11:23 AM
1997 Honda CR-V (http://www.suntimes.com/auto/honda/gif/97honda_crv.gif) - First year.
2001 Ford Escape (http://www.kbb.com/VehicleJPegs/BUFTESC012.JPG) - First year.

I rest my case

Milliardo
03-03-2003, 05:33 AM
Judging from Deakins' post, it seems the other way around is true--Ford copied off the CRV.

nivek2002
08-02-2003, 06:54 PM
My dad has a new CRV and my cousin has a new Ford Escape - they are TOTALLY diffrent, the CRV is much bigger, front end is totally different, basically everything is. But you post profile pictures, of course they will look slightly the same because they are both small SUV's they will have the same proportions. Post up some front end pictures and they will be totally diffrent. Try the ford escape and mazda tribute, lol same freaking vehicles, why would Ford do that?

Euro19
08-04-2003, 02:02 AM
yes, my point was the side view of the cars, they look to much alike, I don`t know why, otherwise the front, the back, the interior, etc its totally different, of course.

Jas_M
08-16-2003, 02:06 AM
Alot of suv's are going to look similar in their profile. It's inevitable because they're all designed to do the same things. The nice thing is when automakers use some imagination and creativity, i.e. Nissan Murano, Infiniti FX35/45, Lexus RS330.

BullShifter
08-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Maybe they are built near eachother like the Ford Focus & the Honda Focus Si(civic si) - new body style

Add your comment to this topic!