Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

automatic door just stopped working--why??

primarycolorinc
04-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Does anyone out there know why the automatic sliding doors on my 1999 honda odyssey would just stop working. The drivers side went silent first and then about two weeks later the other stopped working. The beeper is going off, even when they are completely engaged. I have to pry the doors open--which is very difficult. I have three kids at three different school drop offs and they can't open or close the doors themselves. I have had the fuses checked by my service guy and he says I need to bring it in to a honda dealer. I would like to know what could possibly cause this ( dead battery??) and what it would cost to fix. Or if there is a way to disengage the auto door and use it manually--like normal doors. If anyone has any light to shed on this subject, I'd sure appreciate it!

FKSMITH
05-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Primarycolorinc: I have a 99 Odyssey that has the same problem. I have learned to use an ink eraser on the brass door button contacts when they start acting up. It keeps 'em clean and is about as cheap a fix as you could want! Now if an eraser would only work for those transmission problems....

AlaskanAsh
07-05-2004, 02:50 PM
My passenger side sliding door has quit on me as well. even when it is closed the buzzer still goes off. I have checked fuses and and cleaned the connections.
:banghead:

Does anyone out there know why the automatic sliding doors on my 1999 honda odyssey would just stop working. The drivers side went silent first and then about two weeks later the other stopped working. The beeper is going off, even when they are completely engaged. I have to pry the doors open--which is very difficult. I have three kids at three different school drop offs and they can't open or close the doors themselves. I have had the fuses checked by my service guy and he says I need to bring it in to a honda dealer. I would like to know what could possibly cause this ( dead battery??) and what it would cost to fix. Or if there is a way to disengage the auto door and use it manually--like normal doors. If anyone has any light to shed on this subject, I'd sure appreciate it!

gunnmen01
07-05-2004, 07:47 PM
ok... passengers side fuse box in the right kick panel, pull out the # 13 7.5 amp fuse, will clear any codes set in the system that stop doors from working.... also you can use light grit sand paper or the pencil eraser to clean the contacts on both sides of the sliding door contacts... that should take care of the door problems.. the trans is another story..... lol

gunnmen01

AlaskanAsh
07-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks. codes sucessfully reset. Door is working fine now.
:grinno:

DistanceGuy1
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I have a '99 ODY and today the DRSide power door just stopped working. Reviewed this forum and its search feature and found this fix.

The one I thing I did that was not noted, was once I pulled the #13 fuse I started and then turn off the van. Then I put the fuse back in and dang it, the door worked!

Thank you!

soju_anu
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I have a 2000 odyseey. Few days back I had the same problem: sliding door stuck.
I followed the the procedure (fuse #13) and got the sliding door working again. Thanks for the solution.

However after I pluged back fuse #13, my seat belt sign on the display panel went dead (normally it is red until seat belt is clicked).

Does anyone know which fuse controls the seat belt sign?

besides couple of days back, while I was driving I noticed TCS, brake, ABS and fuel pump warning signs on the display. I have seen it only once and it was after the fuse #13 fix. I remember that I took fuse #13 out while one of the door lights was on (I beleive according to odyssey manual all lights should be turned off). I am worried that I might have short circuited an electrical connection. Even though odyssey manual mentions that all the electrical circuits are protected by fuses. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Foots
12-07-2008, 12:02 AM
I just bought a 2000 Ody from my uncle that the sliding doors don't work. The driver side works every now and then. The passenger side doesn't work at all. Will this fuse 13 fix both sides or do I have to take it to a dealer. My uncle said they told him that its $700 a side to fix from the dealer.

arhotmer4
11-20-2014, 12:41 PM
I have gone through all the reset steps and it works for a minute but then the driver side slider quits working and can only be opened manually from the inside. When you try to open it with the button it acts like its locked at first and then it acts like there is no power to it. What do I need to fix now.

Add your comment to this topic!