Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cold air intake

cbr310
04-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Just got a 97 ram extended cab with 5.2. Its my first dodge and am looking for a cold air intake. Are the cheap ones on ebay just as good with as K&N? Anyone got a used one for sale and also lookig for a chip for it too. Any info would be great thanks all.

Killer]X[
04-11-2004, 02:28 PM
I got one of those intakes on ebay the cheaps ones for 40 to 60 bucks. I didnt really feel any hp gain, but it sounds nice you can hear the intake sucking in air when you turn the engine on and off. Plus it makes the engine looks nice :) Ok well you feel a little bit more performance.

The chips or performance resistors I am thinking about getting as well but waiting to see what other people say about it.

cbr310
04-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Just ordered the k&n kit from critchfield for 289$ Will Report back when it arrives.

cbr310
04-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Order it and got it the next day.( they were only a state away) Installed it and I noticed a difference as soon as i hit the gas. I never realy massh on it and it seems to have more power when just putzing around town and I noticed it when I punched it to get on the highway. Good buy happy already!!!

Add your comment to this topic!