Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 Sedan engine rattle after shutoff

speedmo
04-05-2004, 11:20 AM
I have a 2003 with 45,000 miles on it (purchased it March 2002) - just noticed that when I turn the engine off there is a pause and a rattle. I turned engine on and off a few times in my garage and the same exact rattle occurred every time. It happened on cue at the dealer as well. They gave me a 2004 loaner car which does not do this, however, their response later that day was this is the fuel throttle and the rattle is normal for the 2003. I'm very skeptical about this answer and would like to know if any other '03 owners out there hear this rattle after shutoff as well. If you try it, open your window or car door then shut the engine off in a quiet area. When I was in my garage it was very quiet and there was no mistaking the rattle, however at the dealer ship there was a lot of noise and the mechanic had to put his head by the front driver tire. Thank you for any comments,
speedmo

ByThaBay
04-23-2008, 05:11 AM
If you have an MT model then I'd say it's normal. All the MT models I've driven do it too.. it's because of the dual mass flywheel.

Add your comment to this topic!