Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1992 Cyclone

amaroos11
04-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Okay. so ive looked EVERYWHERE to find out information about this car, but yeah, no one seems to know about it. so i thought - some car buffs MIGHT know about it. its like a pickup truck thats turbocharged. thats the extent of my knowledge. if u have any other information that would be fantabulous. thanks guys!
-Amy-

crazyguy
04-07-2004, 05:45 PM
its actually syclone that will help you alot in finding info i know that it goes 0-60 in 4.6 its all wheel drive and its a turbo charged 4.3 liter v6

NJTy180
04-14-2004, 12:17 AM
yeah, "Syclone" and they were only made in 1991, not 1992. They did make 3 of 4 of them in 1992, but only 2 are still complete and 1 is known wrecked.

GMCSyclone
07-26-2004, 01:34 AM
Yes it is spelled with an S. There were 2998 Syclones produced in 1991, 10 were turned into the even rarer Marlboro Syclone which has an added t-top complete with t-top holders in the back, an electric slide down rear window, special Marlboro rims, a nice Sony stereo and is painted red with Marlboro Decals, 3 others were turned into Indy Pace Trucks one was painted by PPG which has a unique Silver/Red/Green paint scheme. There were a number of Syclones known as the Suadiclone which were sent cross seas. There were also 3 1992 Syclones produced but after a testing accident GMC and PAS scrapped the Syclone project. The Syclone project began in 1987 and the concept Clones said Buick on the tailgate and I believe housed a Buick Grand National motor. There is a 4.3L turbocharged V6 under the hood of the production Syclones. The truck has produced 0-60 times of 4.3s and 4.6s in the rain and a 1/4 mile time of around 13s. These times were made possible b/c of its AWD drivetrain and its 280 Horsepower Turbocharged motor. The truck sits on a GMC Sonoma chassie but has been modified to say the least. There is the already mentioned motor and drivetrain but on top of that it has a corvette tranny and a rare body kit along with plenty of luxury options. The truck is not much for hauling as it is only rated for about 500lbs, even though it does have about 350 torque. Besides if you owned one of these the only thing you would be hauling is ass. The truck is unique and one of a kind. The Syclone is ranked 38th on motortrends fastest/most outrageous cars of all time and is the only truck to make the list. I Love Mine & I Would Have To Say It Was, Is & Always Will Be The Greatest Truck Ever Produced. For more info there are a number of sites you can visit www.sportsmachines.com & www.syty.org are just a couple. The Syclone also has a brother known as the Typhoon which is the same machine just in a Jimmy package.

Add your comment to this topic!