Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rotten egg smell

sunfirechick
03-29-2004, 02:51 AM
my car has this rotten egg smell think its the cat???

vondreele
03-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Cat. is a place to start.

daveshapellSVT
03-31-2004, 10:16 PM
stop farting lol.. i used to own a cavalier and when i used the heat it stinked..

C_Sephiroth
04-08-2004, 10:17 PM
The "Rotten egg" smell is From the Cat. This is normal.

knucklebuster2
04-08-2004, 11:12 PM
I agree. Sometimes different additives in different brands of gasoline may make it better or worse. If it is an "embarrassing" problem, try cat converter cleaner. It may help.

Dark_Ink000
04-14-2004, 04:45 PM
maybe try cheaking the O2 sensor, i had a similar problem on my talon, everyone told me that when the sensor goes out it creates the rotten egg smell

sunfirechick
04-23-2004, 01:07 PM
maybe try cheaking the O2 sensor, i had a similar problem on my talon, everyone told me that when the sensor goes out it creates the rotten egg smell

thanks never thought about that

noize1er
05-05-2004, 09:11 PM
its the heater core. buy a new one or have them by pass it

Leslie'sCustom
05-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Does your car's muffler sound louder? it could be an exhaust leak and what your smelling is the exhaust that didnt reach the back of the car.

sunfirechick
05-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Does your car's muffler sound louder? it could be an exhaust leak and what your smelling is the exhaust that didnt reach the back of the car.

its not that i just had new exhaust put on last week thanks though.

Slade901
05-12-2004, 03:48 PM
its the heater core. buy a new one or have them by pass it

I'd go with the heater core or the evaporator getting mold and something growing in there. There are some spray available to clean them out.

BTW, check the inside of your vehicle, underneath the seat, etc. Some missing potato from the groceries, or something decaying might be the rotten odor you are smelling.

Jex
07-06-2004, 11:45 AM
mine smells like that too, I'm pretty sure its my clutch

jmoneydtb
07-06-2004, 12:40 PM
its not that i just had new exhaust put on last week thanks though.

actually you could still possibly have an exhaust leak, if they didnt bolt it up good enough or left a gasket out, and out of curosity, is it auto or stick? because when a clutch starts to slip and wear out, it becomes heated a lot faster and just like w/ rotors in brakes when they become heated, it creats a very distinct smell...very similar to that of rotten eggs, but it smells a lot worse then rotor smell.

Fred-Dawgg
07-15-2004, 01:17 PM
What the heck do you have a Cat in your car for? LOL. and how long has it been there? That actually may be worse then an egg smell. LOL

jmoneydtb
07-15-2004, 04:44 PM
:rofl: lmao...cat in the car...nice...roflmfao! :rofl:

sunfiregirl_96
09-03-2004, 01:12 AM
so did we ever find out if it was a cat, rotten potato or what? lol just kidding....
what was the problem? cuz mine is starting to do it too, only after i push her real hard or race her and then when i slow down to a "normal" speed, she stinks....
btw...its a stick....cant possibly be my clutch could it? i hope not....
then again..here's a little more info for ya...i just got back from a trip across the country..(ontario to british columbia and back)
no i didnt push the car to get there..no i didnt race her out there, it's only been doin this since i got home...
gonna get a rad flush, do a cat conv. cleaner, and check the 02 sensor, i'll check back to see if y'all got some more info for me...
tanx

thorn_kd
11-27-2004, 03:27 AM
burning water from gm cars and most for that mater smell of cat piss to me, could that be the problem, if so yoru heater core is probly fried had it happen to mine 2 šqVs so far.

Add your comment to this topic!