Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

window popped today. 00 jetta vr6

gr8gatzby
03-28-2004, 06:25 PM
not even a month into owning and the drivers side window fell through the door today. it is going to rain tomorrow and i'd like to fix this myself. i don't know if the window broke upon impact, and i don't know what part needs to be replaced(a clip?). the car is an '00 Jetta VR6 with power windows. any help is really appreciated, i'm probably going to be up all night trying to figure this out.

Boran
03-29-2004, 04:31 AM
I heard from my local VW dealer that this is a common problem in 2001 models. I had the same problem and I own a 2001 V5 Jetta. It’s got something to do with plastic clips that break after time. I got mine replaced for all windows with metal ones. Hope this helps.

bigblackone
03-29-2004, 08:00 PM
check with VW ... I know the extended the warranty for the window regs because the original ones suck

gr8gatzby
03-30-2004, 08:26 AM
alls i can say is wow. just came back from the dealer and they not only replaced both window regulators and clips in both doors for free, they said it'll probably happen again, and again it would be free. they even washed the car. i am impressed. and the car ran out of warranty 8k miles ago.

bigblackone
03-30-2004, 04:59 PM
What dealer did you go to?

It seems to be there are more "poor" VW service stories than "good" ones ...

the one I go to (for warranty work) I am really disappointed in even tho the salesman is the best one I ever had for buying a car from ...

gr8gatzby
03-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Keffer VW (http://www.keffersvolkswagen.com/en_US/) of Huntersville, NC is it. Carolina VW (http://www.carolinavw.com) is my other local dealer, but i havent been as impressed with these guys.

custom man
03-27-2005, 02:49 PM
hello, i am also having this problem, my window wont move, yet the motor and everything inside makes noise? i have to tape the window up so that it doesnt fall down. got any suggestions? Its a 97 jetta GLS. Where can i get those metal clips? My dealer near me wont even touch my car without money involved... i have to do this myself. Thanks.

veedubmechanic
03-28-2005, 07:30 PM
VW extended the warranty on window reguators to 8yr 80k miles.

THe new style clips are metal not plastic.

Funny thing is, The "new jetta" uses plastic clips, not metal. hahahahahhahahahah sad.

Add your comment to this topic!