Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Scratched Wheel

dieu
03-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Hello everyone!

Two days ago, I was traveling on the expressway and there appeared to be some debris scattered across the road. In closing in on this nightmare, it appeared to be a smashed wooden pallet and some wiring of some sort. Perhaps it was sections of fencing. Anyway, in breaking out to my right @ 90mph, I “clipped” a section of the pallet or fence. In doing so, I “gouged” the left front wheel.

In retrospect, this is nominal due to the fact that if I had run clean through the debris; I would have undoubtedly left my entire front end behind me, or seen most of the vehicle in my rear view mirror if you know what I mean. Therefore, I should be grateful I guess. However, I cannot help to see that bloody gouge every time I walk by the vehicle.

Do any of you people know of a polishing or some type of compound that can remove surface scratches from polished aluminum wheels?

Thank you!

chicagoG35
04-23-2004, 09:08 AM
If you live near Chicago I have a buddy who manages a Wheel Repair Shop. They're really good and they even fix two of my wheels that were curb rashed. It's near Chicago O'hare airport

khfromhb
05-07-2004, 10:48 PM
go to a nisan dealership and tell the parts guy you want a set of nismo wheels for a 350z they wil fit perfect for your g35 and are the best looking wheels ive ever seen, i have them on my 350z and they are so perrrrdy.

Add your comment to this topic!