Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

floormatt hitting gas pedal

ProShift
03-27-2004, 07:09 PM
a couple days ago my floor mat went over the gas pedal and pushed it down... soo i was just wondering if this happened to any one else

StangNut86
03-28-2004, 04:35 AM
two words here: new floormat

and no, i haven't shared this experience

eillob
03-28-2004, 01:23 PM
a couple days ago my floor mat went over the gas pedal and pushed it down... soo i was just wondering if this happened to any one else

My floor mat always manages to get between the gas petal and the floor. I think the mat is in the back seat right now. Im gonna get new mats.

Cobra01TT
03-28-2004, 01:35 PM
My mat also gets in the way of WOT, but its never held it down.

mustangman
03-28-2004, 05:16 PM
I just got my car a week ago, (the Mustang) but one of the first things I noticed about it was that the drivers side floormat had a hole with a brass gromet in it on the left corner closest to the drivers seat. there is also a little post, in the same spot, mounted to the floor. This is one of the best little inventions I've ever seen. My floormat never moves. Usually the first thing I do is toss the floomat in the trunk. I thought it was something a previous owner put in at first, but after looking through the owners manual, I saw something about "Positive Location Floormat" in there.

Anyways, long story short, this is probably the first car I've ever had where the drivers floormat didn't get all messed up around my pedals.

Add your comment to this topic!