Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless remote programming help !

lhsredneck
03-21-2004, 05:28 PM
:banghead:

HELP..... Bought a used 2000 LHS that I love, but, it came with no keyless remote. Bought one but need to program it. Anyone got any ideas on how to do it without paying my dealer the $75.00 :eek7: that they want???? Many many THANKS

MrRoscoePC
03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Dealer only service. Time to pry open the wallet mister or use your key.

tbraunm
11-03-2007, 02:35 AM
I have a 94 LHS and ordered a keyless off EBAY came with instruction and they do work dont necassaraly have to use dealer. Remove Traction Crontrol Switch from dash board use "Jumper wire" (small piece of any wire with ends stripped) and remove switch from wiring harness now use jumper into harness from the two seperate postions turn car to on position then press keyless entry button doors should lock goes same for trunk. Remove wire reinstall should be good to go. Note keylkess button has to be for your car

AWP9521
11-04-2007, 01:31 AM
I have a 94 LHS and ordered a keyless off EBAY came with instruction and they do work dont necassaraly have to use dealer. Remove Traction Crontrol Switch from dash board use "Jumper wire" (small piece of any wire with ends stripped) and remove switch from wiring harness now use jumper into harness from the two seperate postions turn car to on position then press keyless entry button doors should lock goes same for trunk. Remove wire reinstall should be good to go. Note keylkess button has to be for your car

Unfortunately that method doesn't work for 1996 and up years, they took that one wire you jump to ground out of the traction control switch, the scan tool must be used to set it, thankfully my son works at a dealership, he just brought the tool home with him and did my remote for me :)

Add your comment to this topic!